Thread: Rasmus Andersson Value

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Rasmus Andersson Value

Anybody have any thoughts on Rasmus Andersson's value for 2019-2020?

I'm in a banger dynasty keeper (not my sig league) and his 19 pts, 115 SOG, 51 Hits doesn't impress me much fantasy-wise.

Any projections?

I'm asking because I can get him fairly cheap, as a throw-in in a deal I'm working on...I just don't know much about him other than what I can read online; that he impressed as the season went on and his minutes increased. I'm just thinking fantasy, not real-life...I watched very few Flames games this year...

Any opinions from those of you who know him better than me are most appreciated!
    PQMC
    12-team keeper
    G,A,PPP,FW,SOG,Hits,BLK
    W,GAA,SV,SV%

Keep 6F, 4D, 1G, 1NA

F: Barkov, Pettersson, Stutzle, K Connor, Giroux, Scheifele
    D: Q Hughes, Heiskanen, Theodore, Bouchard
    G: Demko
    NA: Korchinski

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Rasmus Andersson Value

it's going to take a bit of time to get PP time required to produce. For the coming season, I can see 35-ish points.
    If you're looking for a MC stud - it's not him. He'll end up a 70-100 hits and 120-140 blocks.
    His real value will come in 2-3 years when he's logging 2+min on the PP.
    I think there's 50pt potential here... it's just going to be a wait.
    .. and for most, that wait will be longer than his prospect eligibility covers
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

I really like the way Andersson plays the game. I've liked him since before he was drafted. He is a solid skater, he's a tank on skates (stocky, wide shoulders), very tenacious, reads the play well, and has some untapped offensive potential. That said, he will likely never reach his offensive potential in Calgary. However, in multi-cat leagues, he is certainly a player worth taking a flyer on. If you can get him as a throw-in, he might pay you some nice rewards next season as I fully expect he will take on a more prominent role for the Flames next year. Rumors have them potentially dealing Brodie (looks like they have moved on from the idea of dealing Hamonic). Truth is that the aging blueline in Calgary could use some injection of youth, and I feel Andersson is more than ready for a top 4 role.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Watch what happens with Brodie this offseason. If he gets moved (as rumoured) that opens a prime spot for Rasmus next to Gio. In which case 40pts (although maybe a bit optimistic) is within reach this year. Coach Peters was really starting to use Ras as his trigger man on PP1 as the season wore on so his PP time could also continue to grow in the near future.

Dobber Sports Padawan

If I recall correctly, his numbers in the A were impressive. I really like his game, don't think he makes too many bad mistakes and I think he has the mitts to put up respectable numbers once given the chance. I agree that you should keep an eye on what happens to Brodie. I'd also like to see Stone gone. Valimaky is more than likely making the team also, so not sure how that affects Andersson's value. If at all. If you can get him as a throw in, I don't see the harm in taking a shot.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov