Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: [TRADE] Trouba to Rangers for Pionk, 20th overall

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: [TRADE] Trouba to Rangers for Pionk, 20th overall

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Lots of rumours swirling on Wpg & Ehlers to Carolina for a Dman
    I'd trade Laine instead....
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    I'd trade Laine instead....
    Very interesting. As you well know my contention has been that the main problem in Winnipeg is the head coach. Until they admit that and move on they’re going to do things like maybe trade Laine (a sell low-ish for sure right now) only to see him absolutely tear it up with a new team. From a players standpoint it’s harder to indentify the holes because there aren’t very many.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Stud

I don't wanna come off as hating on the Jets too much, because despite being a Rangers fan I do cheer for the Jets too. They are my second team, cemented there after a sim league friend who was a total die hard died. So I picked up the flag he left there and have been following the Jets since then.

The entire situation strikes me as a combination of poor asset management.

The team prevented other teams from talking with Trouba's agent. How does that improve his value to the club ? One would ideally want the player involved in at least the contract extension talks with a possible new team to iron out any unknowns and solidify his value going forward. So now the kid is in NY without a contract extension. Will he walk at the end of this year ? How will the deal look then ?

The Jets are putting their cap space into retaining Buf who is 34 years old and signed for 2 more seasons. This doesn't strike me as a prudent long term value move. More like a go for it now decision. If that is the case Pionk and a pick is not part of that kind of strategy. Its just scatterbrained and doesn't seem to have an overall strategy to it.

Did Trouba force their hand ? Yes. The team could have just kept him for the upcoming season (like Columbus did) and make a run for it. Then let Trouba walk. Instead they got a pick at the 2nd half of the draft and a RFA.

Just poor decision making in my view.

I certainly wish the Jets the best. I love the team and their fans are great. Its just a tough blow for a team that was trending in the right direction. After this move, I'm kinda shrugging my shoulders. Meh
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.