Thread: Bjugstad + Krejci for Brock Nelson+derek stepan +3rd round pick

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Bjugstad + Krejci for Brock Nelson+derek stepan +3rd round pick

Hey guys i got this offer in my head 2 head full keeper league. I own Bjugstad who can play LW, C, RW in our league and Krejci who can play C. Brock Nelson is eligible to play 2 positions (C. LW) and Derek Stepan (C). Peripherals are Goals, Assists, Points, PIM, +-, Face off wins, Shots on goal, Special team points, Hits blocks, penalty minutes. In this pool, Brock Nelson outpointed Krejci 70 to 68..Stepan outpointed bjugstad 56 fp to 52 fp. In this pool, I've tried to deal Krejci but everyone has been lowballing saying he will be 34 next year..I like the fact Nelson is younger at 27 and just locked in a 6 year deal. Bjugstad can play multiple positions and has decent peripherals but is always hurt so I dont really mind Stepan coming my way and the 3rd. I have a pretty deep team as Krejci and Bjugstad are on my bench. I hope I was able to provide enough info for you guys in terms of being able to gauge if I should go ahead with this deal or not. I've asked some friends their opinions and its 50-50. I would greatly appreciate your amazing input like always. Cheers guys!

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Bjugstad + Krejci for Brock Nelson+derek stepan +3rd round pick

I would rather just hold Krejci and Bjugstad.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

I fell off the Bjugs train a couple years ago. You get a 2nd and 1st line C and a 3rd -- for a 2nd and 3rd line C.

I've never loved Krejci's injury history, nor his lack of meaningful periphs - hits, pim, sog.. basically anything that's not an assist.
    I often wonder if Bjugs will ever see 50pts again.

It's pretty obvious Krejci's the best player in this deal.
    2nd and 3rd best players are Nelson & Stepan. Nelson took a nice step forward this year and Stepan had some serious growing pains in Arz.

I put Bjugs as the 4th best player in the deal and with a solid gap between him and Nelson or Stepan

I would do this deal as you're unlikely to get a better one than this for Krejci.
    Put me in the camp that believes Krejci won't repeat 70+pts next year
    and also in the camp that believes both Stepan & Nelson will push 60+pts.

Honestly, I would have entertained trading Bjugstad for a 3rd straight up...
    Depending on how deep the pool is, he's entirely replaceable off the wire (14-16tm leagues and smaller)

Put me in the make the deal camp
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd lean towards making the deal, if the pick can net you somebody worthwhile, or you don't need Bjugstad's RW eligibilty.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.