View Poll Results: Which player(s) will never again score as much as in 2018-19?

Voters
96. This poll is closed
  • Josh Bailey (56 points)

21 21.88%
  • Brent Burns (83 points)

50 52.08%
  • John Carlson (70 points)

24 25.00%
  • Mattias Ekholm (44 points)

23 23.96%
  • Claude Giroux (85 points)

27 28.13%
  • Erik Gustafsson (60 points)

30 31.25%
  • Ryan Johansen (64 points)

13 13.54%
  • Evander Kane (56 points)

4 4.17%
  • Patrick Kane (110 points)

55 57.29%
  • Phil Kessel (82 points)

34 35.42%
  • Nikita Kucherov (128 points)

51 53.13%
  • David Krejci (73 points)

65 67.71%
  • Ryan McDonagh (46 points)

30 31.25%
  • Jeff Petry (46 points)

39 40.63%
  • Morgan Rielly (72 points)

29 30.21%
  • Jared Spurgeon (43 points)

9 9.38%
  • Steven Stamkos (98 points)

39 40.63%
  • Jonathan Toews (81 points)

60 62.50%
  • Keith Yandle (62 points)

43 44.79%
  • None of the above

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: It's all downhill from here.....

Dobber Sports Icon

Default ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: It's all downhill from here.....

Mod note: See second post for Roos' thread opener and details. Moved this post from the deleted thread but it got moved to the top accidentally.

Yeah, the way the poll question is worded is confusing but the post/title make it pretty clear. My list of guys who won't hit those marks again is as follows:

Patrick Kane - 110 points is a very special year for almost any player, especially one who just hit 30. He may break 100 once or twice again but I doubt he tops 110

Phil Kessel - Chances are he's on his way out of Pittsburgh, unless he ends up on Tampa I don't expect him to continue to be a point-per-game player. His conditioning will start catching up to him in his 30s as well

Nikita Kucherov - I had a hard time putting Kuch on this list, but I believe that the NHL overall offense being up this year was an anomaly and not the new norm. For that reason I don't see him hitting 128 points again. But he's young enough that he definitely could if we continue to see teams being more offensively minded

David Krejci - 33 years old and just matched his career high in points, not exactly a recipe for sustained success

Ryan McDonagh - 46 points is a career high for McD, don't really see him topping that, but he will probably have a few more 40+ point seasons so it could happen.

Johnathan Toews - He only topped 70 points once in his career prior to his 81 this year. Definitely won't see that again.

Keith Yandle - Another player over 30 who set a career high this past year, pretty much the trend with my picks for who won't repeat
    Last edited by horrorfan; June 17, 2019 at 10:37 AM. Reason: accidentally moved to top.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

The Magnificent One

Default ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: It's all downhill from here.....

No more NHL games to watch? No problem, because all the fun you’re craving is here in the form of a Roos Lets Loose monthly Poll/Tournament! This time I’m running my annual summer poll where I ask you to vote on the skaters for whom it is literally all downhill from here – that is, skaters who will never again reach the point total they scored this past season. The way voting will work is:

If you think a listed player will never again equal his 2018-19 point total (shown in parentheses next to his name) in 2019-20 or any other future season, then you should vote for him.

If, instead, you think a listed player will score at least as much as he did in 2018-19 (shown in parentheses next to his name) again, whether in 2019-20 or a future season, then you should not vote for him.

There are 19 voting choices, plus a “none of the above” if you somehow think all 19 skaters will reach the point total they posted in 2018-19 at least once more. Note that I’ve said “skaters” each time on purpose, since not only are there no goalies included but you can vote for as many skaters or as few as you believe deserve your vote. One other note - in case you're wondering why you don’t see the likes of Mark Giordano, Ryan Suter, Zach Parise or Joe Pavelski as choices, I decided to not to include anyone who was already at least 34 years old as of February 1, 2019, since age is naturally working against them being able to keep up their scoring pace. Beyond that, everyone was eligible.

Feel free to vote now, or when the accompanying column is posted on the 19th. Lastly, when casting your vote(s) just remember that although these polls are meant to be enjoyable, you should vote objectively so your fellow Dobberites can look to the results to help shape decisions they’ll be making in terms of keepers or come draft day for 2019-20.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: It's all downhill from here.....

Burns, Giroux, P. Kane, and Krejci are the ones I feel most confident that they won't hit those same highs again.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Pro

I'm wondering about Ryan O'Reilly...

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    I'm wondering about Ryan O'Reilly...
    I thought about including him as a choice, along with some others; however, I felt this was the best group of 19 there was.
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Wolverine

Sorry I just moved a post from your last thread to this one (4T2) but it moved it to the first post. Not sure if I can change it. If anyone knows...

As for the question:

I voted for P. Kane, Krejci and Toews for similar reasons to 4T2.

Dobber Sports Icon

Here horrorfan, I'll just make the post again and you can delete the one that moved to the top if you life

My list of guys who won't hit those marks again is as follows:

Patrick Kane - 110 points is a very special year for almost any player, especially one who just hit 30. He may break 100 once or twice again but I doubt he tops 110

Phil Kessel - Chances are he's on his way out of Pittsburgh, unless he ends up on Tampa I don't expect him to continue to be a point-per-game player. His conditioning will start catching up to him in his 30s as well

Nikita Kucherov - I had a hard time putting Kuch on this list, but I believe that the NHL overall offense being up this year was an anomaly and not the new norm. For that reason I don't see him hitting 128 points again. But he's young enough that he definitely could if we continue to see teams being more offensively minded

David Krejci - 33 years old and just matched his career high in points, not exactly a recipe for sustained success

Ryan McDonagh - 46 points is a career high for McD, don't really see him topping that, but he will probably have a few more 40+ point seasons so it could happen.

Johnathan Toews - He only topped 70 points once in his career prior to his 81 this year. Definitely won't see that again.

Keith Yandle - Another player over 30 who set a career high this past year, pretty much the trend with my picks for who won't repeat

Dobber Sports Superstar

My picks:
    John Carlson - 70 points - Great player but 70 is a lot and the Capitals are getting older. More so hard for a D-man to top-70
    Patrick Kane - 110 points - great player but an outlier season for sure.
    John Toews - 81 points - total outlier for a 30 year old
    Keith Yandle - 62 points- again a big outlier.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Keith Yandle - 62 points- again a big outlier.
    I agree that Yandle won't hit 62 again. I thought it was a big outlier too until I looked a little deeper. He's been in the 50s four times in his career including 56 last year and 59 (albeit that was 10/11) and had two more seasons where he was over a 50-point pace (one of which was a lockout year). He's been remarkably durable during his career too only missing games in one season since 08-09. Honestly, I think he could challenge that pace again with the offensive talent in Florida but ultimately should fall short.

Dobber Sports Jedi

went with

krejci - just don't see the circumstances lending themselves to him hitting this again
    P. Kane - I think he comes close.. breaks 100 again.. just not 110.
    Petry - age is going to hit him soot based on how he plays. Weber is back - that'll cut into PP1 time ... not that the PP really made a huge difference with him last year. Think he breaks 40 again.. but barely
    Yandle - Matheson begins eating into his PP time this season.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Veteran

Brent Burns (83 points)
    John Carlson (70 points)

Erik Gustafsson (60 points)
    Patrick Kane (110 points)

Nikita Kucherov (128 points)

Jeff Petry (46 points)
    Morgan Rielly (72 points)
    Jared Spurgeon (43 points)
    Steven Stamkos (98 points)
    Jonathan Toews (81 points)
    Keith Yandle (62 points)

Thats my list.

The Magnificent One

Wow - I must'e picked the right players because lots of them are getting votes and it's very close at the top. Keep the votes coming - I'll be very eager to see the final results, as I'm sure others will as well.