Thread: Trochek

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Trochek

What does everyone think about him going forward? Will he return to a 75 point player a year ago?
    Or will he resort back to a 60ish point guy with the hits and face off wins? I don’t know what to make of Florida this offseason. Seems like they are about to have a giant makeover.
    14 team Fantrax H2H keeper league
    G, A, P, SOG, Hits, Blocks, FOW, - W, Gaa, Sv%, Svs

C - Crosby, Tavares, Kopitar, Toews
    LW - Hall, Giroux(C), Vrana, Gaudreau
    RW - Pastrnak, Kane, Stamkos(C), Kubalik
    D - Burns, Murphy, Morrisey, Cernak, Whitecloud, Chiarot
    G - Mrazek, Campbell, Brossoit, Greiss
    Bench - Middlestat, Wennberg, Perron, Olofsson, Schwartz, Atkinson, Yama

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Trochek

I'm interested by this, as I've invested by acquiring Trocheck when he just came back from injury last season.
    I gave up Shea Theodore and figured I was buying low... I'm not so sure anymore.

Unfortunely, it will be hard to predict at least until training camp when Joel Quenneville deploys his players. New coach, clean slate for everyone.
    If he manages to sneak back on that 1st PP, he has a legit chance to get back to 70 imo. His S%, PPTOI, TOI and several other metrics were all down last year.
    55-60 would be a safe assumption as he's too valuable a player to be really pushed further down the line-up.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Trochek last year's stats were on pace (82 games) for about 50 pts, 82 PIM, 235 SOG, 166 hits, 742 FOW, and had 2:28 Powerplay time vs 3:28 a year before that.

so other than powerplay time and points, Trocheck had similar or better peripherals than his 2017-2018 year (career year where he had 75 pts)..

my guess is even if florida has a brand new team, worse case is Trocheck becomes a valuable 55-65 points multi-cat beast. or he rebecomes the multi-cat god that he has if we can put up 70+ pts.

Even if he plays less, he still is able to provide peripherals, so i would definitely buy low on him right now, worth the risk. plus if Panarin signs, chances he will get some time with him too
    Keep 6 - 14 team H2H Yahoo - Categories: G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG FW HIT BLK / GS W GAA SV% SHO
    C: T.Thompson, Aho
    LW: B.Tkachuk, M. Tkachuk
    RW:
    D: Dahlin, Fox, Mcavoy
    G:

Dobber Sports Sage

The difference between 60 and 70 points could easily be power play time. He'll still be a multi cat monster.

My guess is quenville will love trochek, what coach wouldn't? The power play time is going to be tough to predict before we have a sample size to go with.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

I don't see him returning to 70+ pts. He just doesn't get enough power play time, and I don't see that changing. *If* they move out someone like Hoffman (rumored to be happening), his spot on the PP will be replaced by Panarin (most likely).
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Administrator

Barkov had his breakout year so more focus is on him now. Trocheck might not hit his peak offensive numbers anymore but definitely a top multi-cat guy.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

I expect 60-75 for most years. I won't shy away from saying I believe he's got an 80pt season in him.. at some point.

Expect 60-70 for the most part. Everything beyond should be seen as bonus value.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I was just logging on to start a thread on Vinny Tro

I feel like he's a buy... his injury kind of spoiled his season. Didnt he come back earlier than expected ?

70pts in today's NHL is definitely doable especially with his tenancy to shoot

Would you guys trade Backstrom straight up for Trocheck in a dynasty league?

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin_co View Post

If hits is a category then yes. If not, then maybe. Trocheck's about 5 years younger. But his point potential depends on his power play deployment. And we've seen both sides of the coin. 70-75 if on PP1, 55-60 if not. If you're in contention this year, I'd tend to hold onto Backstrom. If you're middle of the pack or rebuilding, I would lean Trocheck.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin_co View Post
    I was just logging on to start a thread on Vinny Tro

I feel like he's a buy... his injury kind of spoiled his season. Didnt he come back earlier than expected ?

70pts in today's NHL is definitely doable especially with his tenancy to shoot

Yup... pretty much like WAAAAAY to early
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    If hits is a category then yes. If not, then maybe. Trocheck's about 5 years younger. But his point potential depends on his power play deployment. And we've seen both sides of the coin. 70-75 if on PP1, 55-60 if not. If you're in contention this year, I'd tend to hold onto Backstrom. If you're middle of the pack or rebuilding, I would lean Trocheck.
    Hits is a category... I am in contention but I think my supporting cast can pull the weight ... I was trying to get younger....

He didnt go for it anyway...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Yup... pretty much like WAAAAAY to early
    Didnt he have a broken leg??

Anyway, it was likely more of a conditioning thing than the injury itself that limited him.