View Poll Results: What would you do as a LM?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing, let him learn from his mistake.

3 30.00%
  • Warn him!

3 30.00%
  • Boot him and replace with a more competent Manager

4 40.00%

Thread: Keeper question for League Managers

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Angry Keeper question for League Managers

There is an expansion keeper deadline in our H2H 20 team League. There is one GM, who is ... not very good in this. His team is bottom feeder. We can keep ~15-16 players from our team and expose the rest to our two expansion teams.

What would you do if this GM wants to keep Barclay Goodrow instead of Clayton Keller (who is by far his best player behind Blake Kessel)? He did almost the same thing last year. He didn't kept Crawford as a keeper (kept Cam Ward instead), but somehow I understood that.

My question is, what do you do, if you see this in your League where you are the LM?
    Team:

--------------------20 team, weekly H2H, multicat--------------------
    C: MacKinnon, Scheifele, Bergeron, Toews, W.Karlsson, Lundell (start 4)
    LW: Guentzel, Giroux, Landeskog, Ehlers, Benn (4)
    RW: Kucherov, Tarasenko, Rantanen, Teravainen, Palmieri (4)
    D: Klingberg, Rielly, Hamilton, Trouba, Sergachev, Gudas, McNabb, Hakanpaa (6)
    G: Lehner, Fleury, Petersen, Swayman (2)
    Prospects: Turcotte, J.Quinn, L.Hughes

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Keeper question for League Managers

I think it depends on the type of league you want to run. Answer that question and that should give you the direction for an answer here.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

If he's a bottom feeder, I am unsure why he'd not have room for Goodrow & Keller.

I'd let him learn from his mistake, but I'd highly recommend he not keep Blake Kessel over anybody in the NHL.

You can try to replace him with a "better" owner, but maybe you should simply ask him if he's having fun. If he isn't, tell him, that's fine, and he can find a league that better fits with his skill level or engagement level.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Pro

This happened in my league last year, and I just said something like "Wow, not keeping Kessel, eh? You sure? He's a beast." Then he noticed his mistake and asked if he could swap him in, to which I of course said yes.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Teravainen, McCann, Montour, Jones, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, MacKinnon, Pavelski, Duchene, Farabee, Henrique
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Joseph, Schenn, Nyqvist, Roslovic, Duclair, S. Jones, Korpisalo, Quick, Rittich
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Rossi, Hutson, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

This wasn't a mistake from this GM's perspective. He didn't want to keep him, but kept Marcus Granlund, Komarov, Sundqvist, Goodrow on purpose etc. I warned him, and won't be allowed to make trades for a while as a punishment. Logically I should boot him, but he is a member since 4-5 years so, I gave him another chance and asked him to pay more attention to this league or leave.

Dobber Sports Deity

How does he make out trading? Does he lose them most of the time?

To me, it sounds like hes a little short on general hockey knowledge and I'd seriously consider removing him for the leagues best interest.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCally View Post
    This wasn't a mistake from this GM's perspective. He didn't want to keep him, but kept Marcus Granlund, Komarov, Sundqvist, Goodrow on purpose etc. I warned him, and won't be allowed to make trades for a while as a punishment. Logically I should boot him, but he is a member since 4-5 years so, I gave him another chance and asked him to pay more attention to this league or leave.
    Sounds like he really prefers players with a bit of sandpaper to their stats
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4