Thread: Igor Sherterkin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Igor Sherterkin

Can Shesterkin steal the starter job next year in NYR ?

I understand that he never had more than 40 starts in the KHL but I think he's got the resume to prove that he can be elite.

Maybe he starts as Lundqvist backup and takeover over the course of the season. Wondering what you guys think of the goalie situation in NYR.

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Igor Sherterkin

I do not think he can. He needs to adjust to North American ice and getting a big work load which is likely the plan in the AHL. I can see him getting called up late in the season but Rangers will roll with Georgeiv and Lundqvist this upcoming season
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    I do not think he can. He needs to adjust to North American ice and getting a big work load which is likely the plan in the AHL. I can see him getting called up late in the season but Rangers will roll with Georgeiv and Lundqvist this upcoming season
    It seems plausible for Lundqvist/Georgiev to handle the net this coming year, and then have Lundqvist and Shestyorkin go 1A 1B in 2020-2021, with Shestyorkin taking over in 2021. That's my guess as to how it'll go.

Dobber Sports Deity

If you do a search for Shesterkin, you'll find a few threads on him already.

I don't expect much from him this year but hard to say after that.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Could start in the A but I believe he has a clause allowing him to return to the K if he's put there. Don't think he'll use it but one never knows. Rangers could easily send Georgeiv down to see how Shestyorkin handles himself and basically switch between them during the season. Unless I'm mistaken. I think he does well enough wherever he plays, Georgeiv starts to become trade bait. Lundy is without question the starter until his deal is up.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think he's most likely starting the year in the AHL to get used to the changes in rink size. He has 2 goalies to jump, not just one to take the starting job, and I think it's unlikely this year.

I can see him in tandem with either Lundqvist or Georgiev in 19-20, though.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.