Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Full Ranking of Player Value in a Cap League - Thoughts

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Full Ranking of Player Value in a Cap League - Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I think Stalock is going to be in the top 10, but not top 5 if the early numbers are anything to go on.
    Very interesting comments here. I’m beginning an inaugural draft tomorrow, new cap league. Can you give us your top 10 estimate in a keeper, cap league ?

thanks
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Titan

Top set initially includes Hart as #1, with others off the top of my head being Shesty, Francouz, Sorokin, Binnington, Vas, Samsonov, Stalock, and a couple others I can't remember. I would not draft Stalock in that set though - you could get him late.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Icon

Top set initially includes Hart as #1, with others off the top of my head being Shesty, Francouz, Sorokin, Binnington, Vas, Samsonov, Stalock, and a couple others I can't remember. I would not draft Stalock in that set though - you could get him late.
    It looks like you are projecting a lot of new number 1 goalies for next season as 4 of those guys were back ups (or not in the league) last season.

Quick question for you (or anyone else): how many new number 1 goalies does the NHL average each season? (I count #1 goalies as the goalie who played the most minutes for a team)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    It looks like you are projecting a lot of new number 1 goalies for next season as 4 of those guys were back ups (or not in the league) last season.

Quick question for you (or anyone else): how many new number 1 goalies does the NHL average each season? (I count #1 goalies as the goalie who played the most minutes for a team)
    Yeah, I think it's the upside they have compared with cost and at least some starting opportunity next year.

By that definition it's 31.
    I think you have about 15-20 actual #1 guys, with the rest being more suited to timeshares or just completely overwhelmed.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Titan

Saros, Helle, Rittich, and Petersen were the other goalies in there.

Vas is just outside the top 10, and actually Sorokin is a touch further down (around 20). Sorokin being lower would be due to having Varlamov in the way and not having any numbers from this past season.