Thread: New Owner. Rebuild. Who to keep?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default New Owner. Rebuild. Who to keep?

New to the forum and to fantasy hockey. Adopted a bottom-dweller in a longtime 12 owner keeper league last season.

Team is in the signature below. Made a few trades and think I did pretty well for my first prospects draft last year, wondering how many of the roster players are keepers.

Also, how much value do guys like Brannstrom, Kaprizov, Foxx, Batherson, Frost, Hronek, Gusev, Donato, Heponiemi, have? They are all free agents and up for grabs at next years auction. Should I be targetting as many of these younger guys as possible. Or is that too risky? Probably going to have 1 G 3 D 2 F and 4 Bench spots to fill after cuts are made.

Thx!
    Dynasty Auction Salary(millions),Points,13 Team,12F/6D/2G/4Res/Minors
    F:
    Marchard 6.8, Huberdeau 5.5, P. Kane 4.5, Kuznetsov 3.7, Nichuskin 3.6, Johansen 3.1, Kakko 2.7, Kuzmenko 2.5, Rust 2.5, Seguin 2.2, Perron 1.0, Chytil 0.5, Krebs 0.5, N. Robertson 0.5 D: Chabot 4.6, Nurse 4.32, Forsling 4.176, Zellweger 0.9,
    G: Vasilevsky 4.5, Demko 3.7, Hill 1.7
    Minors: Byfield, Lafreniere, Perfetti, Raymond, Drysdale, Gunler, Grans, Greig, L'Hereaux, K. Johnson, Rosen, B. Clarke, Bourgault, Othmann, Lysell, Korchinski, Dumais, Pickering, Howard, Snuggerud, Ritchie
    Draft Picks: 2024 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: New Owner. Rebuild. Who to keep?

What are your categories? Neal is a easy cut, regardless of what kind of league.

I like all of the prospects you mentioned, but need to know more about format first. What fringe/backup goalies are out there? You have only 2, and one shouldn't be in the NHL next year.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Points only. Regular and Post Season. H2H Goalies 2pt W 3pt SO. Dynasty. League follows the NHL salary cap (79.5mil this year) and there is an auction draft every year. Minimum salary/bid is $500k. Players salary under $2mil increases by $500k each year. Players over $2mil increase by 20%

Roster 12F 6D 2G 4Bench 1IR
    Minors. No limit to players. Must be called up after 3years from prospect draft year.
    Last edited by Toews Took My Girl; June 13, 2019 at 9:55 AM. Reason: Added format

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Toews Took My Girl View Post
    Points only. Regular and Post Season. H2H Goalies 2pt W 3pt SO. Dynasty. League follows the NHL salary cap (79.5mil this year) and there is an auction draft every year. Minimum salary/bid is $500k. Players salary under $2mil increases by $500k each year. Players over $2mil increase by 20%

Roster 12F 6D 2G 4Bench 1IR
    Minors. No limit to players. Must be called up after 3years from prospect draft year.
    So the salaries you're showing in your sig, are those the salaries from this past year, or next year? If not, tough to keep Crosby at 20M. Neal is a cut, as is Suter (possibly Keith too).
    Any yeah, you definitely need some help in net. How much would Ullmark cost you to acquire?

I agree with liking the prospects, especially Batherson and Hronek if you're looking for production next year.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

The salaries haven’t been updated for next season. Ullmark is a free agent and could be acquired at the auction draft.
    Dynasty Auction Salary(millions),Points,13 Team,12F/6D/2G/4Res/Minors
    F:
    Marchard 6.8, Huberdeau 5.5, P. Kane 4.5, Kuznetsov 3.7, Nichuskin 3.6, Johansen 3.1, Kakko 2.7, Kuzmenko 2.5, Rust 2.5, Seguin 2.2, Perron 1.0, Chytil 0.5, Krebs 0.5, N. Robertson 0.5 D: Chabot 4.6, Nurse 4.32, Forsling 4.176, Zellweger 0.9,
    G: Vasilevsky 4.5, Demko 3.7, Hill 1.7
    Minors: Byfield, Lafreniere, Perfetti, Raymond, Drysdale, Gunler, Grans, Greig, L'Hereaux, K. Johnson, Rosen, B. Clarke, Bourgault, Othmann, Lysell, Korchinski, Dumais, Pickering, Howard, Snuggerud, Ritchie
    Draft Picks: 2024 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I agree that it looks like you've got some room to cut some defensemen as well. I'd take a look at what players are going to be tossed back, calculate teams available funds, and then make guesses as how that total cap will be used.

With that minors having no limit, I'd throw a lot of low dollar fliers there hoping to land some players, and some of them should definitely be goalie flyers with your situation.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.