Thread: Zaitsev

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Zaitsev

Unhappy in tdot. Do you think because he was being utilized as a defensive dman? 36 points in his rookie season with ppp and then a decline and no pp time for the last 2 years... So if he gets moved do you think its to somewhere where he could be more offensive? pp time??
    He's available on the wire so was just wondering, love his blocks.
    Fwds: Benn, Hertl, Backstrom, Coleman, W.Karlsson, Marchand, Mcdavid, Bergeron, A.svechnikov, Malkin, W.Nylander, toffoli.

Dfnse: Deangelo, Fox, Hronek, Ristolainen, Giordano, Letang

Goalie: Samsonov, Binnington

Rsrvs: Radulov, bjorkstrand, buchnevich, krebs, sanford, Grzelcyk, Suter, M.Lehtonen, Severson, Spurgeon, K'andre Miller, Allen, Mrazek, Prosvetov, Vanecek

12-team Keeper. Rotisserie.
    G,A,+/-,Hits,Blks,Pim,Sog,PPP,HT,SHPTS,W,Spct,Gaa,SO,Svs

The Great One

Default Re: Zaitsev

I find this really hard to predict since (a) there is no guarantee he will get traded; and (b) if he does get traded, his powerplay opportunity will be determined based on where he goes. Do you have a free roster spot, or would you have to drop someone in your sig to make room for him?

Dobber Sports Jedi

I only add if it's a free spot to fill right now.. At best he ends up in a spot where he gets PP2 time.
    Maybe like Vancouver. But like Van & any PP2 time he gets, it'll be a D starved team that takes him. Likely meaning, not a really good team.

if he does land on a good team, expect less PP time as he doesn't have the chops to really knock much of anyone out their spot.
    Be a catch 22 with this move I think...

Most likely, there's better options on the wire.
    If you count hits/blocks - then his value increases a bit as he offers decent returns in those cats.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Big Daddy

I found him to be a great hits/blocks streaming option, not much more than that.