Thread: Yamamoto

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Yamamoto

What can we expect from Yamamoto not necessarily this coming season, but in the somewhat near future? Think he’ll be a good fit with McDavid?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Yamamoto

I’m a Yamamoto owner so I keep close track of him. He was badly managed last year by the Oilers and then got hurt, but I heard he was coming along well near the end of the season before they shut him down. If Holland’s remark’s are any indication, he’ll spend at least next season in Bakersfield and they plan to do a better job managing their prospects. He’s still their top forward prospect and projects as a top six scoring winger, but time will tell.

Dobber Sports Deity

I also think Yamamoto will spend the majority of this upcoming season in the AHL, and I am good with that. I am not a huge Ken Holland fan, but I do like the fact he's not afraid to let his prospects develop properly unlike previous regimes in Edmonton.

As far as McDavid's future winger, who knows. He has the speed to keep up with him which is half the battle.

- - - Updated - - -

I also think Yamamoto will spend the majority of this upcoming season in the AHL, and I am good with that. I am not a huge Ken Holland fan, but I do like the fact he's not afraid to let his prospects develop properly unlike previous regimes in Edmonton.

As far as McDavid's future winger, who knows. He has the speed to keep up with him which is half the battle.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

It's really starting to seem like McDavid's wing future will be very similar to Crosby's. An eternal revolving door.

Guentzel's the first to really stick since Dupuis.

I would not draft a winger with the expectation of playing 50+ games with McDavid in the next two seasons.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ace

I wouldn’t be drafting him. He’s a part of a potential deal I’m thinking about. If I do the deal, he would be one of my prospects and his numbers wouldn’t count for this upcoming season. The offer was Yamamoto and a mid to late 2nd round pick for Morrissey.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by bbfl1987 View Post
    I wouldn’t be drafting him. He’s a part of a potential deal I’m thinking about. If I do the deal, he would be one of my prospects and his numbers wouldn’t count for this upcoming season. The offer was Yamamoto and a mid to late 2nd round pick for Morrissey.
    To give you an honest answer as to whether this is a good deal for you, we'd need to know more details about your league and what your current roster looks like. League details would mean, how big is your league, how many do you start at each position, how big are your rosters, salary cap league (yes or no), how long are you allowed to keep Yamamoto in the minors for, etc, etc.. The more details the better.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Yes, I know. I was first going to ask people’s opinion of Yamamoto. If people were down on him I likely wouldn’t have bothered.

Dobber Sports Ace

For what it’s worth, I’m in a 12 team points only keeper league. 12 forwards, 6 D, 3 goalies, 5 prospects.

My team heading into the draft looks like this...

Pre Draft...

Meier
    Skinner
    Nylander
    Keller
    Mantha
    Kapanen
    Konecny

Morrissey
    Pulock
    Sanheim

Binnington
    Hart

(P) Brannstrom
    (P) Borgstrom
    (P) Dobson
    (P) Wahlstrom
    (P)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Kassian meshed well on a line with Drai and McDavid towards the end of the season. New coach so that could go out the window but I'd pencil it in for now.

Yams I think will spend another season in the AHL
    27 Team Dynasty
    Multicat Points League
    80% of Actual Cap 65.2

F Ovechkin,Marchand,Landeskog,Drouin,Palmieri,Gally, Strome,Pageau,Kubalik
    D Barrie,Krug,Gustafsson,Hronek
    G Andersen
    B Arvidsson,Kassian,Giordano,Reilly,Francouz