Thread: Will these 7 goalies get me through next season?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Will these 7 goalies get me through next season?

Took over a team and tore it apart. I am not planning on winning but would like to compete in the goalie cats at least. Think these 7 will suffice? Or should i trade for an upgrade? I have... TIA

Binnington
    Mrazek
    Desmith
    Merzlikins
    Montembeault
    Samsonov
    Shesterkin
    Fwds: Benn, Hertl, Backstrom, Coleman, W.Karlsson, Marchand, Mcdavid, Bergeron, A.svechnikov, Malkin, W.Nylander, toffoli.

Dfnse: Deangelo, Fox, Hronek, Ristolainen, Giordano, Letang

Goalie: Samsonov, Binnington

Rsrvs: Radulov, bjorkstrand, buchnevich, krebs, sanford, Grzelcyk, Suter, M.Lehtonen, Severson, Spurgeon, K'andre Miller, Allen, Mrazek, Prosvetov, Vanecek

12-team Keeper. Rotisserie.
    G,A,+/-,Hits,Blks,Pim,Sog,PPP,HT,SHPTS,W,Spct,Gaa,SO,Svs

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Will these 7 goalies get me through next season?

If I can make it through a season on DeSmith, Campbell, and Kevin Boyle, I think you'll survive.

A lot of question marks now, but a few of them have outlooks that make it seem like they could be positive value this coming season.

How many teams in the league and what are the categories?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

To be honest, it's hard to say how you will do in the goalie categories next year. Kids like Shesterkin, Samsonov, Merzlikins, and Montembeault aren't expected to do much next year in the bigs but all have promise down the road so for next season, I wouldn't expect much.

Your hope is that Binnington stays in the same form next year and that Mrazek can resemble something close to a starter somewhere. DeSmith is still a backup to Murray but Murray does have the tendency to get hurt a lot.

If Binnington can hold true, you have a hope. If he slips, I am skeptical your goalies will be great next year. In 3 years, with the quality goalie prospects you own, you could be in a better spot but time will tell there too.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    If I can make it through a season on DeSmith, Campbell, and Kevin Boyle, I think you'll survive.

A lot of question marks now, but a few of them have outlooks that make it seem like they could be positive value this coming season.

How many teams in the league and what are the categories?
    10 team league with fairly heavy goalie cats... there is nothing on the wire at all as everyone is hoarding goalies. Maybe i should make a move with one of the prospect goalies for another starter...
    Fwds: Benn, Hertl, Backstrom, Coleman, W.Karlsson, Marchand, Mcdavid, Bergeron, A.svechnikov, Malkin, W.Nylander, toffoli.

Rsrvs: Radulov, bjorkstrand, buchnevich, krebs, sanford, Grzelcyk, Suter, M.Lehtonen, Severson, Spurgeon, K'andre Miller, Allen, Mrazek, Prosvetov, Vanecek

Dobber Sports Titan

10 team league and you have that many goalies? What are all the league settings. Is there a farm team, massive bench, do you start 4G? Seems a little crazy.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'm guessing this is the team in your signature, due to the similar list of depth goalies. I preferred the goalies you had before, but you probably got something nice for Holtby, and wanted no part of the Oilers' crease.

I think you will survive with Binnington/Mrazek and backups, but it's way too risky for me to say you'll thrive, and I like Mrazek's talent, and what Binnington has shown this year. Mrazek is a bit unreliable, even for a goalie. Binnington is just preforming like this for one year, so we'll see.

That seems like alot of goalies on your reserve roster, but it may be that FA talent can be had in skaters, but not in net.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Different team than one in sig just scouting same guys. Cats are G, A, Pims, sog, hits, gwg, blks, ppp, shpnts, W, saves, sv%, SO

You are correct in FA being rich in skaters but goalies are sparse. Top available goalie on the wire.... Copley...

Roster size is @ 35 with 3 farm spots

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ridethesnow View Post
    Different team than one in sig just scouting same guys. Cats are G, A, Pims, sog, hits, gwg, blks, ppp, shpnts, W, saves, sv%, SO

You are correct in FA being rich in skaters but goalies are sparse. Top available goalie on the wire.... Copley...

Roster size is @ 35 with 3 farm spots
    How big is the active roster compared to the bench?

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    How big is the active roster compared to the bench?
    20 active. 15 bench. 2 active goalies.

Dobber Sports Titan

So do you think it's worth eating up so many roster spots with so many goalies and hurting your skater categories? I feel like with Binnington, Mrazek, and one other (DeSmith/Merzlinkis), I would make sure the rest of my bench was active to rack up as many counting stats as possible.

Then you can use your prospect spots for a couple guys like Samsonov.

Administrator

If you feel like you're still not at the top of your league then why not explore selling high on Mrazek or DeSmith?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Big Daddy

I’d feel comfortable going into the season with Binnington, Mrazek and DeSmith.

Thanks for your input guys. Just swapped montembeault and a late pick for jack Campbell. Think that should squeeze me through the season. May still dangle samsonov to a few gms to see if i can package him for a better starter to play with binnington. Rep given where it lets me.

Dobber Sports Jedi

9-4 skater to goalie cats. I wouldn't say that's G heavy at all. Most leagues are 8-4 or 10-5 (33%)
    So yours is slightly less in value than say, generic Yahoo leagues.

That said, the cats - 3 are directed at stacking G stats - W, SV, SO ... well 2, since SO's are a crap shoot.
    I mean, you COULD load your D up with players like Gudas, Cernak, McNabb Hagg and clean up the periphs (H, Blk, PIM).
    If teams want to hoard goalies, I'd let them. You could exploit with some well timed moves.

I'd trade a couple of those G prospects for some higher end skaters and claim Copley (he could get more starts than all your other G prospects combined next year)

If you could load up your D with MC studs who produce - Nurse, Weber etc.. You'll give yourself a chance to win 4 cats a week (H, BLK, PIM, SOG) before you score a goal or make a save.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4