Thread: Looking to Acquire Goalie Help

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Looking to Acquire Goalie Help

Hi guys!

Looking to acquire goalie help and with goalies and received the following offer:

I receive: Hart, R.Thomas, and the 2019 3rd Overall Pick

I trade: Panarin and Provorov

Our drafts very much prospect heavy, mainly around the upcoming draft-eligible players.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty League
    Scoring Cats: G, A, PTS, +/-, TOI, SOG, HITS, BLKS, STP, W, L, SV, SO, GAA, SV%

Main Team:
    F: McDavid, Kucherov, Pastrnak, M.Tkachuk, Guentzel, Eichel, Pettersson, Scheifele, Ovechkin, Teravainen, S.Reinhart, Buchnevich, Bjorkstrand, Cirelli, Norris
    D: Carlson, Burns, Trouba, Dahlin, Pulock, Heiskanen, Toews, Weegar
    G: Petersen, Vasilevskiy, Markstrom

Minor Team (No Restrictions):
    F: Zadina, Cozens, N.Robertson, Holtz, Benn, Gallagher, Jarvis, Pelletier
    D: K.Miller, Byram, Brannstrom, Perunovich, Addison, Harley, Kylington
    G: Oettinger, Wallstedt, Fleury

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Looking to Acquire Goalie Help

Is it a cap league?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

I would do that trade. Your team is good enough that you can take a slight decrease this year if Hart or Thomas regress a bit.

Thomas and that 3rd overall aren’t your everyday throw-ins and you get Hart who will be a nice fantasy team partner with Vas.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Is it a cap league?
    Nope, not a cap league.

Main Team:
    F: McDavid, Kucherov, Pastrnak, M.Tkachuk, Guentzel, Eichel, Pettersson, Scheifele, Ovechkin, Teravainen, S.Reinhart, Buchnevich, Bjorkstrand, Cirelli, Norris

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    I would do that trade. Your team is good enough that you can take a slight decrease this year if Hart or Thomas regress a bit.

Thomas and that 3rd overall aren’t your everyday throw-ins and you get Hart who will be a nice fantasy team partner with Vas.
    That is a good point. I always worry making trades like this when I'm giving up the best player in the deal. But I do need to overhaul my goaltending.

Main Team:

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'd take this deal.

Hart is going to be a star for the next 10-12 years, so along with Vas this is the only goalie trade you'll have to make for a long time. Add in the 3rd overall and Thomas—neither of which are slouches—and it eases the pain of losing two good players. The rest of your team is good enough to carry the load of losing Panarin in the short-term and in the long-term you'll be better for it.
    32 Team Keeper League
    Dynasty, unlimited prospects.
    $62 million salary cap (negotiate our own salaries)
    Current roster:
    Centers: Hintz, Eichel, Zegras, M. Barron, Schiefele.
    Wingers: T. Thompson, Teravainen, Slafovsky, Duchene/J. Benn
    Defencemen: Q Hughes, , Hamilton, Fowler, Borowiecki, Liljegren
    Goalies: F. Andersen, Conor Ingram, M. Murray
    Farm: Egor Sokolov, Jett Woo,
    Skater points: Goals, Assists, +/-, PiMs, GWG, Points
    Goalie points: Ws, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Deity

If you make this deal, what is the plan for your current stable of goalies? To be honest, you have three bonafide starters on your main roster right now along with Quick in your minors. Are you planning on running with 4 G on your main roster or is there more moves to be made?

I hate losing Panarin here. You can afford to lose Provorov because of your depth at D but losing Panarin really stings IMO. I know, you have to give to get, but you are getting a lot of unknowns too.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'm leaning against this deal. "Need to overhaul your goaltending" seems an overreach in a 16 team league when you have 4 current starters, 2 of whom aren't close to old. Admittedly Quick & Dubnyk could be non-starters in 1 or 2 years, but Panarin seems like a big loss. You'd get younger overall, but more uncertain.

You're banking on:

The Flyers not signing one or more veteran goalies to share the load, or be the starter outright. The GM has said that the AHL is an option for Hart, and I believe him. The management "braintrust" above the GM has made plenty of bad moves for veteran goalie help over the years.

Provorov not rebounding, but I can understand dealing him for Hart in most situations.

Thomas and/or the pick replacing Panarin and/or him & a bottom forward. The latter is more likely.

It's close, and good luck.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If you make this deal, what is the plan for your current stable of goalies? To be honest, you have three bonafide starters on your main roster right now along with Quick in your minors. Are you planning on running with 4 G on your main roster or is there more moves to be made?

I hate losing Panarin here. You can afford to lose Provorov because of your depth at D but losing Panarin really stings IMO. I know, you have to give to get, but you are getting a lot of unknowns too.

@stevegamer brought up my exact fear of the unknown around Dubnyk, Murray, and Quick. But I understand that Hart is also an unknown...Maybe it's best for me to get lucky and hopefully snag the next shiny new goalie during the season.

Main Team: