Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Skinner re-signs with Buffalo

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Skinner re-signs with Buffalo

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    Here’s a question. Is he droppable in salary leagues?
    Is Subban a valuable commodity in your league? I would say Skinner should be a value comparable at the same salary.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Is Subban a valuable commodity in your league? I would say Skinner should be a value comparable at the same salary.
    Our league is salary so the impact is even worse with these front end loaded contracts. I don’t own either player, but Subban is a frequent resident on the trade block. That said, I traded for Carlson last year and at $12m he was a top 3 d-man for me.

With this new deal Skinner owners can at least be assured that he will be stapled to the PP for many years to come.

Dobber Sports Deity

I know this may sound scary, but maybe he trends up as Eichel trends up. Just a thought. I remember when everyone (I will admit, myself included) hated Draisaitl's new contract. I know I thought it was about $1M too much but he trended up. Sure, Skinner's skill level is probably maxed but that doesn't mean he wont trend up if he stays saddled with Eichel as he grows.

As I say, just a thought. As it stands today, I think this is too much AVV for Skinner. Who knows, maybe he will prove us wrong, much like Draisaitl has. His contract looks great now.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I know this may sound scary, but maybe he trends up as Eichel trends up. Just a thought. I remember when everyone (I will admit, myself included) hated Draisaitl's new contract. I know I thought it was about $1M too much but he trended up. Sure, Skinner's skill level is probably maxed but that doesn't mean he wont trend up if he stays saddled with Eichel as he grows.

As I say, just a thought. As it stands today, I think this is too much AVV for Skinner. Who knows, maybe he will prove us wrong, much like Draisaitl has. His contract looks great now.
    For sure, Axe. You have a high volume shooter paired with an elite passer, combine that with ~$20M in cap investment and you have the potential for a dynamite duo. Throw in Dahlen and this could be a lethal PP.

Dobber Sports Master

Crazy, Crazy expensive for what will be a 30-36 goal scorer and waaaaaaaay too long but I guess the lack of FA attraction and homegrown high-end wingers have them here. I expected 7....maybe 7.5. 9? Nutty FA season is early this year.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Monster

Pretty major premium. Sabres will have to hope the cap goes up quickly here. But who knows with a new CBA coming. I figured he was going to get something along the lines of the JVR contract.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

The Great One

What does this mean for Marner, Rantanen and Point?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    All three will be interesting. I think most expected Marner and Rantanen to be over $10M anyway. Point was a harder one to peg down because TB normally has the ability to see their guys take a little less of a cap hit for the betterment of the team simply because of the tax break they get.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    I think it means 11+ full term for all three
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Administrator

The term is much more of a problem than the AAV. It's one thing to pay a guy, it's another to be locked in for a long time at the same high amount. It's a huge commitment to a guy that's had a lot of ups and downs over the years.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    The term is much more of a problem than the AAV. It's one thing to pay a guy, it's another to be locked in for a long time at the same high amount. It's a huge commitment to a guy that's had a lot of ups and downs over the years.
    Yeah this kind of sums up how I feel about the deal. Usually there's a balance between term and $....more term, less AAV, less term, higher AAV. This just sounds like they gave him a blank check and told Skinner to fill in the details himself.

Dunno, visceral reaction to this when I saw it was what the bleep.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!