Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Seattle Kraken

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Seattle Kraken

Other than the name of the arena, I am loving so much about this team so far. Looking forward to seeing what happens with the franchise.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Other than the name of the arena, I am loving so much about this team so far. Looking forward to seeing what happens with the franchise.
    Yes, the name of the reason leaves a lot to be desired.

But I think the name of the arena is from a different marketing strategy rather than the one we are used to seeing.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Icon

The name of the arena was sold so I don't think it has anything to do with the Kraken marketing team or strategy at all.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    The name of the arena was sold so I don't think it has anything to do with the Kraken marketing team or strategy at all.
    You're right. I still hate it though.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Right, I meant different marketing strategy of the company that paid for the naming rights. Usually they purchase the naming rights and stick their company name on it so everyone is talking about the company.

However, Amazon decided to name the arena Climate Pledge as a marketing strategic to pledge to save the environment.

When I first heard it, I thought it was gonna be the cleanest arena around....
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

LOL, seriously, they went with Climate Pledge Arena!? Consuela says No:

Dobber Sports Padawan

It's certainly an unusual approach to naming an arena, but when you consider they normally just have the name of whatever corporate entity bought the rights, I can't say it's much worse than Rogers Arena or Little Caesar's Arena. At least it's trying something better than advertising a cable cartel or mediocre pizza.

Not wild about the name "Kraken". For me it just seems like something that entered the pop culture lexicon in the last 10-15 years and was on its way out. The other thing is it is from Norse mythology, making it a North Atlantic thing. Seattle is pretty far from there, and I would have liked something more local to the Northwest.

But I can't complain about names too much I suppose when my team is called the Canucks. "Hi! We're....from Canada I guess?"
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Immortal

I hope that all of the names don't get leaked out before the actual Expansion Draft like they did with Vegas. Spoiled the fun.

July 17: Deadline for teams to submit protected lists for Seattle Expansion Draft (5 p.m. ET).
    July 18-20: Seattle's exclusive window to interview teams' unprotected pending free agents.
    July 21: Seattle Expansion Draft (8 p.m. ET).

Dobber Sports Sage

Only nine days away. I remember when it was 9 years ago and this was all just a rumor.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Right, I meant different marketing strategy of the company that paid for the naming rights. Usually they purchase the naming rights and stick their company name on it so everyone is talking about the company.

However, Amazon decided to name the arena Climate Pledge as a marketing strategic to pledge to save the environment.

When I first heard it, I thought it was gonna be the cleanest arena around....
    It apparently is by far the greenest arena. Lower Queen Anne is a pretty decent neighborhood so there shouldnt be a tremendous amount of garbage in the streets.

Dobber Sports Star

i live in vancouver and am waiting for the NHL schedule so i can plan a seattle seahawks/kraken weekend with my boys on the hockey team. i am hoping the schedule works in our favour so theres a saturday night kraken game + sunday afternoon seahawks game. i guess its also theoretically possible for the mariners to make the playoffs also lol

i will also need the border restrictions to lighten.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Titan

Only like 5 days until we know who's protected and we can make a pretty good judgement call on what Seattle will do.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Administrator

My own Seattle mock draft because why not...

Combines some of their picks with my more aggressive drafting. Plenty of assets here that can be traded now or at any of the next two trade deadlines.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Magnificent One

Hard to follow all this but so like no side deals this time? Seems so weird!
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Stud

I think the flat cap hurt the Kraken’s chances to make those side deals that were so big 4 years ago. I mean, you want to take our best-exposed player?? PLEASE!! That frees cap space!

That said, taking Ghost from the Flyers AND 2 other draft choices, instead of Twarynski ?? And I feel they missed several opportunities like that. Or, Francis was truly tanking year #1.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson