Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hart/Brown/Ratcliffe for Stone/Roslovic

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Hart/Brown/Ratcliffe for Stone/Roslovic

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    A "Carter Hart" is near impossible to get. A "Mark Stone" is gettable. Lose the battle, win the war.

I think I'd make the deal for Hart then figure out a way to replace Stone. As for the prospects, unless this league has a 20+ minor league system per team, it probably isn't all that relevant to the final league results.
    It is a 20 player minor league system

Thanks for the input

Dobber Sports Genius

Does this change it for me? I dunno. I'm not a huge prospects guy, but I do understand value. You are giving up a lot to get Carter Hart. That is obvious.

The question is:
    a) Is there another way?
    b) Can I afford to part with what I'm giving up?
    c) Do I really need what I'm getting back

I think P7 is right. In a 16 team league with 1G daily starts, and no SAVES catagory, goalies do not hold extreme value.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    ^The issue, though, is that goalie-value is NOT high in a "Start 16 Goalies" league.

I'm in a 24-team league with start 1G... so that's a "Start 24 Goalies" and Rinne's value is already super low... because he's old.
    Most common league size in fantasy hockey is 12-team Start 2 goalies, i.e. "Start 24 Goalies".

And, CRITICALLY, this is H2H.
    Which means that a team can win Half+ categories* simply by loading up on offensive skater cats.
    [*H2H is all about winning half+ categories, that's what allows a team to "move on" in playoffs, so that is ALL that is important in H2H.]

One does NOT need any quality goalies to win this format.
    One can even roster a couple back-up goalies on good teams... hopefully get ONE or TWO good starts from a back-up... and take GAA/SV%.

I'd almost guarantee... in this format... that the league's best teams are "skater heavy".

Stone-side, for me... in a start 1G format of a 16-team league.
    To try to answer my own questions...
    a) Probably not, no. Carter Hart value is really high right now. There is so much promise that GM's are tantalized by. The fact that Hart is being offered up in trade at all is something you should explore and consider.
    b) You say your team is "older" and in "win now mode". Moving the prospects isn't going to make or break you. Moving Stone is going to hurt, unless you have a replacement on that 20 man farm of your ready to step in.
    c) I doubt adding Hart is going to move the needle much this season (unless he is AWESOME, and let's be real, Philly has not been kind to goalies) as you have Rinne already lined up to be goalie #2.

CONCLUSION: This is a long term move. But if you can get Hart and move out Rinne for a return similar to Stone then all it has cost you to move from Rinne to Hart is 2 project prospects.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thank you Moses, much appreciated.Fantastic response. This is why Dobber forums are the best!

I don't need Hart to be a no.1 goalie for me in 2019-20.... just kicking the can down the road on Rinne.

Yes losing Stone will leave a bit of a void... I posted my forward group in first post... I should be ok?

I'm working on a corresponding move... I hope I can share in the next day or two if it all works out. Alot of moving pieces.

Thanks everyone again for your on point contribution.