G A PTS SOG Hts Blks FOW TOI
    Wins Saves Sv% GAA

I've been offered

Carter Hart / Logan Brown / Isaac Ratcliffe / Rd 3 entry draft pick
    for
    Mark Stone / Jack Roslovic

-------------------------

Current goalies are Price and Rinne

Current forwards: Tavares, Bergeron, Kopitar, Backstrom, P. Kane, Atkinson, Teravanen, T. Hall, Debrincat, Eberle, Lehkonen, Rust, Fabbri...

We can only roster 2 active goalies... Hart is eligible for the minors for about 40+ games

------------------------

The plan is to stash Hart as my incumbent replacement for Rinne.

I have a bit of an older dynasty team so I'm trying to plan ahead a bit with this move, However, I am in definite Win-now mode. Do I hurt myself too much shipping Stone in that regard?

Thoughts? Questions?

The Great One

Default Re: Hart/Brown/Ratcliffe for Stone/Roslovic

Odd how many fantasy trades lately involve Mark Stone. I suspect his value is a little hard to predict atm with the new team and contract, etc. He is a bit of a polarizing player right now, with some predicting lofty (career-high) totals in the 90 pt range and others thinking he will produce his usual 65-75 pts in Vegas just like he did in Ottawa.

Personally, I'm in the latter group, so not as high on him as others.

All that said, with the aging Price and Rinne, I think you are really smart to grab the young Hart to solidify your goalie position for years to come. And, because I'm not as high on Stone as others, I think this is a good deal for you.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Odd how many fantasy trades lately involve Mark Stone. I suspect his value is a little hard to predict atm with the new team and contract, etc. He is a bit of a polarizing player right now, with some predicting lofty (career-high) totals in the 90 pt range and others thinking he will produce his usual 65-75 pts in Vegas just like he did in Ottawa.

Personally, I'm in the latter group, so not as high on him as others.

All that said, with the aging Price and Rinne, I think you are really smart to grab the young Hart to solidify your goalie position for years to come. And, because I'm not as high on Stone as others, I think this is a good deal for you.
    Thank you for the reply. I'm conflicted with this one...

I like Stone... but realize you gotta give to get!

I think Rinne will still be really good this year, but the end is coming, and it would be nice to have that piece to slide in... I'm not sure what Hart will do in 2019-20, but as I mentioned, what is nice is, I can stash him on my farm, and not worry about having to rely on him Day 1

Any input on the prospects involved (Roslovic included)?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

@OP, you say you can only roster two goalies.... but how many can you START?
    That's key.

If you start 2G, I like the Hart side.
    If you start 1G, I like the Stone side. [because there's too many lost GP conflicts with Price/Hart in a start 1G]

Dobber Sports Padawan

In a dynasty league, if Hart has a decent season next year (as a 20 year old), I think you can turn around and trade him for a player as good or better than Stone. If you're in a Win Now window, you just have to feel comfortable enough with your Forward group without Stone.

Dobber Sports Jedi

The framework of Hart - Stone I like. I'm not a huge fan of Brown Ratcliffe. To be giving up the best player and the best forward prospect in the deal... I'd be wanting to sub Ratcliffe at least for someone else... I'd be curious to know his other prospects to see if there's a sneaky value add you can sub in.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    @OP, you say you can only roster two goalies.... but how many can you START?
    That's key.

If you start 2G, I like the Hart side.
    If you start 1G, I like the Stone side. [because there's too many lost GP conflicts with Price/Hart in a start 1G]
    Thanks for reply.

It is a start 1.

Price and Rinne would be my regular roster goalies.
    Hart I would stash in the minors until he blossoms into a reliable starter and/or I deal Rinne

Dobber Sports Demi-God

^The issue, though, is that goalie-value is NOT high in a "Start 16 Goalies" league.

I'm in a 24-team league with start 1G... so that's a "Start 24 Goalies" and Rinne's value is already super low... because he's old.
    Most common league size in fantasy hockey is 12-team Start 2 goalies, i.e. "Start 24 Goalies".

And, CRITICALLY, this is H2H.
    Which means that a team can win Half+ categories* simply by loading up on offensive skater cats.
    [*H2H is all about winning half+ categories, that's what allows a team to "move on" in playoffs, so that is ALL that is important in H2H.]

One does NOT need any quality goalies to win this format.
    One can even roster a couple back-up goalies on good teams... hopefully get ONE or TWO good starts from a back-up... and take GAA/SV%.

I'd almost guarantee... in this format... that the league's best teams are "skater heavy".

Stone-side, for me... in a start 1G format of a 16-team league.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    The framework of Hart - Stone I like. I'm not a huge fan of Brown Ratcliffe. To be giving up the best player and the best forward prospect in the deal... I'd be wanting to sub Ratcliffe at least for someone else... I'd be curious to know his other prospects to see if there's a sneaky value add you can sub in.
    Yeah I know... I tried just Hart for Stone... he keeps coming back with these prospects... I'll try again...

Brown I like... Ratcliffe, meh

L. Brown, C. Dewar, T. Frederic, B. Hayton, R. Pitlick, N. Suzuki, M. DalColle, K. Bjorkqvist, V. Kravtsov, Z. Senyshyn, E. Tolvanen, K. Yamamoto, A. Carrier, M. Fehervary, M. Ferraro, L. Johnansen, R. Lindgren, J. Zboril

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If it matters, my farm goalies are Jarry, Dell, Brossoit, Gillies and Parsons

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    ^The issue, though, is that goalie-value is NOT high in a "Start 16 Goalies" league.

I'm in a 24-team league with start 1G... so that's a "Start 24 Goalies" and Rinne's value is already super low... because he's old.
    Most common league size in fantasy hockey is 12-team Start 2 goalies, i.e. "Start 24 Goalies".

And, CRITICALLY, this is H2H.
    Which means that a team can win Half+ categories* simply by loading up on offensive skater cats.
    [*H2H is all about winning half+ categories, that's what allows a team to "move on" in playoffs, so that is ALL that is important in H2H.]

One does NOT need any quality goalies to win this format.
    One can even roster a couple back-up goalies on good teams... hopefully get ONE or TWO good starts from a back-up... and take GAA/SV%.

I'd almost guarantee... in this format... that the league's best teams are "skater heavy".

Stone-side, for me... in a start 1G format of a 16-team league.
    I totally hear what you are saying - I had Price and Rinne as my only goalies last year and I was 10th in Wins and 13th in Saves! Probably had alot of nights where they conflicted and I might have chose the wrong one too

What if I told you I could deal Rinne + for a skater of similar production as Stone? Would change anything?

Dobber Sports Jedi

I think it would... if both trades went down you'd essentially be trading Rinne for Hart.

Side note. I think you're a bit heavy on G prospects. Especially in a start 1.
    I normally try to adhere to a rough 60-30-10 rule
    ie: 20 prospects:
    60% F - 12
    20% D - 6
    10%G - 2

It's loose because if I feel i'm getting a blue chip D or G that puts this out of balance, I still do it. I have one pool where currently I have 4G prospects out of 15 - At least one will be moved this summer to re-balance - (Woll, Georgiev, Demko, Ullmark).
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I think it would... if both trades went down you'd essentially be trading Rinne for Hart.

Side note. I think you're a bit heavy on G prospects. Especially in a start 1.
    I normally try to adhere to a rough 60-30-10 rule
    ie: 20 prospects:
    60% F - 12
    20% D - 6
    10%G - 2

It's loose because if I feel i'm getting a blue chip D or G that puts this out of balance, I still do it. I have one pool where currently I have 4G prospects out of 15 - At least one will be moved this summer to re-balance - (Woll, Georgiev, Demko, Ullmark).
    Yeah you're probably right - This is before cut downs... I probably lose Dell and one of Gillies or Parsons...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin_co View Post
    What if I told you I could deal Rinne + for a skater of similar production as Stone? Would change anything?
    I would do that deal immediately, and then figure out the Hart deal. I suspect the Hart deal will be there most of the summer for you, and Hart's situation can seriously change for the worse over the summer with goalie signing by the Flyers. Stone's won't, barring something unusual that happens off-ice.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Genius

A "Carter Hart" is near impossible to get. A "Mark Stone" is gettable. Lose the battle, win the war.

I think I'd make the deal for Hart then figure out a way to replace Stone. As for the prospects, unless this league has a 20+ minor league system per team, it probably isn't all that relevant to the final league results.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"