Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Zegras vs Cozens

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Zegras vs Cozens

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    I'd also consider Caufield at 5th.

But between Zegras and Cozens, I'm taking Zegras right now.

Also, in regards to what Axeman mentioned about the top 4 in the NHL draft as Hughes, Kakko, Turcotte and Byram... I agree with the first 3, and I am high on Byram, but I just really see Colorado taking a centreman. They don't really have a good 2C behind Mack. Just my feeling but I've probably been wrong more than I've been right .

Anyways, in regards to the OP, if you have to select prior to the NHL draft on the 22nd and the four players you've mentioned are gone, my preference is

Caufield
    Zegras
    Dach
    Cozens/Boldy

For reference, this isn't my ranking, or my mock draft, or my anything for that matter. This is how Cory Pronman from The Athletic has them ranked, skillwise, leading up to the draft. He's also not saying that this is how the draft will go. It's just his personal ranking.

Craig Button came out with his final List yesterday as well. He has Zegras at 6 and Cozens at 14. Again, varying opinions. You can read Craig's List here:

https://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-cauf...op-5-1.1316942
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

I saw Button’s list. He takes a lot of flak on the chat sites but I always appreciate his rankings. I do wish he’d provide commentary though, especially with Cozens who dropped ten spots from his previous ranking.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    I saw Button’s list. He takes a lot of flak on the chat sites but I always appreciate his rankings. I do wish he’d provide commentary though, especially with Cozens who dropped ten spots from his previous ranking.
    Ya, I started a new thread with Buttons rankings. I didn't want to clutter this thread with everyone talking about Buttons list.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    Ya, I started a new thread with Buttons rankings. I didn't want to clutter this thread with everyone talking about Buttons list.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Thankfully , we have our draft after the NHL’s . The 14th ranking for Cozen by Button scares me a bit . I wonder what he sees or doesn’t see in this player .

I was leaning towards him as he might have more undevelopped potential . The USNDP players have a lot of mileage in .

Still I lean to Zegras now (and possibly Caufield) .

It’s tough .

As an aside , were you a G for Acadia ? My buddy’s son also played G for them (Robert Steeves)
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by poolsharks View Post
    Thankfully , we have our draft after the NHL’s . The 14th ranking for Cozen by Button scares me a bit . I wonder what he sees or doesn’t see in this player .

I was leaning towards him as he might have more undevelopped potential . The USNDP players have a lot of mileage in .

Still I lean to Zegras now (and possibly Caufield) .

It’s tough .

As an aside , were you a G for Acadia ? My buddy’s son also played G for them (Robert Steeves)
    Although I've played G for years, I never played for Acadia. I just grew up in the Valley, roughly 15 minutes from the Acadia rink.

I do remember Steeves playing for the Axemen. He was a solid goalie.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Although I've played G for years, I never played for Acadia. I just grew up in the Valley, roughly 15 minutes from the Acadia rink.

I do remember Steeves playing for the Axemen. He was a solid goalie.
    Cool !

Thank you for your great input in this forum ! When you speak ,people listen ��
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/

Dobber Sports Legend

If your draft is after the NHL draft, wait and see who goes where. This is one of the main factors I look at when drafting prospects--in many cases more so than skill set. Opportunity is key--both in terms of playing time and having high-end talent to mesh with.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Wizard

after first 2 , i dotn think you can go wrong with next 10 to be honest...some may be longer wait then others but talent wise hard to pick....that list of 10 Axe shared doesnt have possibly 3rd most talent player on it just because he wont be around for minimum 2 years and there is chance wait is longer..
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    If your draft is after the NHL draft, wait and see who goes where. This is one of the main factors I look at when drafting prospects--in many cases more so than skill set. Opportunity is key--both in terms of playing time and having high-end talent to mesh with.
    I’ll do that for sure

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

So {poolsharks}, how did your draft end up going?? Who did you take in the first round??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Initiate

In the end , I had 1,2,6 and 11 . Of course I picked Hughes and Kakko at 1-2. Then I took Dach at 6 hoping Cozens would be available at 11 (he was gone).

Turcotte, Byram and Zegras were 3-4-5 .