Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: BFD--REP

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: BFD--REP

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Interesting thread. Started with an easy accept (IMO) and then with each iteration got worse and worse.
    Yeah that was a fizzler. Never got more than a verbal offer on the first one or I would have mashed it. Got Zucker aboard so its not a total waste of time. Too bad it didnt work out but sometimes the deals you dont do are the most impactful.

The Great One

Default Re: BFD--REP

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Yeah that was a fizzler. Never got more than a verbal offer on the first one or I would have mashed it. Got Zucker aboard so its not a total waste of time. Too bad it didnt work out but sometimes the deals you dont do are the most impactful.
    Trust me, I've been involved in a million situations like this. I get a soft offer that I like, and when I try to finalize it, the other GM back pedals to the point that there is no more deal to be had, lol. When I first started fantasy hockey, I remember the trend was getting a million "low ball offers", rejecting them, and then getting asked to counter (based off a ridiculous starting point). But now I find there is a lot more of the opposite happening, a back peddling trend...

The Zucker pick up for you was very solid, so at least you got something out of it