Thread: BFD--REP

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: BFD--REP

I'd do it as well, even without Keller.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

i wasn't a huge fan of the original offer TBH, i mean i still accept but not mash it.

without Keller, that makes it even less palatable.

id still do it because lets face it Stone is teh piece here not Kuz...and take Zucker
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Sage

I wonder what would happen if I demanded Keller instead of Kuznetsov? Is that even a good idea?

Big Daddy

Keller is a hard book to read. We need to see another season out of him to know what we have.

The first deal would have been a steal, it’s a shame you couldn’t get it done on time. I still like the offer on the table now and would likely accept it.

Dobber Sports Genius

I would take Zucker for the pick - easy.

I think I would hold onto Debrincat. 41 goals in his 2nd season might just be the beginning. Sure Stone is a great player and Kuznetzov is good, but Debrincat is shiny, sparkly, and new. I don't think his value has peaked yet. If you move Debrincat then go for something bigger than Stone. Think Debrincat + __________ for ELITE (fantasy).
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Sage

Now the offer is Stone, Keller and Zucker for ADB and Strome.

Dobber Sports Genius

In a vacuum, sure that deal looks OK. But look at your team! *chuckle* The best fantasy player in that deal is Debrincat -- as I think he is likely the best goal scorer of that bunch.. You don't need depth, you need to consolidate assets. This move is going backwards. That is, until you make the next move.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    In a vacuum, sure that deal looks OK. But look at your team! *chuckle* The best fantasy player in that deal is Debrincat -- as I think he is likely the best goal scorer of that bunch.. You don't need depth, you need to consolidate assets. This move is going backwards. That is, until you make the next move.
    I am not really consolidating any more at this point. I have 26 players on my active roster, and the maximum allowable players on my farm to use all my entry draft picks. I can keep everyone on my roster and all my picks if I dont add or subtract total numbers. I have 6 of the top 18 picks.

What RWs are more desirable than ADB in a multi-cat dynasty?
    Maybe I can stall on this for a while.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    What RWs are more desirable than ADB in a multi-cat dynasty?
    OK - Now there is a neat question!

Without doing a deep dig I think that these guys have to be in the same sort of tier --young with upside (forgive me for leaving someone out): Leon Draisaitl, Mikko Rantanen, Patrik Laine, Mitchell Marner, David Pastrnak, Brock Boeser, Alex DeBrincat, Timo Meier

Then there are the established players: Nikita Kucherov, Blake Wheeler, Patrick Kane, Vlad Tarasenko, Mark Stone, Phil Kessel

And these guys have to fit in somewhere: Elias Lindholm, Anthony Mantha, Brendan Gallagher, Jake Guentzel (if he has RW eligibility).

I would want to digest this further but I think Debrincat is damn close to a top 10 RW in a dynasty multi-cat format that is slanted towards scoring. The 'dynasty' aspect of it might push him up the list.

Over the past 2 years, ADB has the 15ths most goals and it looks like he would be 7th overall if only winger eligible players are involved. He is ranked 7th in G/60 in the two seasons he has been in the league. He also has room to improve his SOG and PPP totals with more ice-time. The combination of G, SOG and PPP is a tough combination to find. I'm not betting against ADB and I don't think we have seen him at his fantasy peak yet.

EDIT: Add Steven Stamkos, Sebastian Aho, and Tom Wilson to the conversation. These guys all *may* have RW eligibility.
    Last edited by Moses; June 6, 2019 at 3:22 PM. Reason: "forgive me for leaving someone out"

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    OK - Now there is a neat question!

Without doing a deep dig I think that these guys have to be in the same sort of tier --young with upside (forgive me for leaving someone out): Leon Draisaitl, Mikko Rantanen, Patrik Laine, Mitchell Marner, David Pastrnak, Brock Boeser, Alex DeBrincat, Timo Meier

Then there are the established players: Nikita Kucherov, Blake Wheeler, Patrick Kane, Vlad Tarasenko, Mark Stone, Phil Kessel

And these guys have to fit in somewhere: Elias Lindholm, Anthony Mantha, Brendan Gallagher, Jake Guentzel (if he has RW eligibility).

I would want to digest this further but I think Debrincat is damn close to a top 10 RW in a dynasty multi-cat format that is slanted towards scoring. The 'dynasty' aspect of it might push him up the list.

Over the past 2 years, ADB has the 15ths most goals and it looks like he would be 7th overall if only winger eligible players are involved. He is ranked 7th in G/60 in the two seasons he has been in the league. He also has room to improve his SOG and PPP totals with more ice-time. The combination of G, SOG and PPP is a tough combination to find. I'm not betting against ADB and I don't think we have seen him at his fantasy peak yet.

I already own everyone obtainable from the first group you mentioned.

From the second group I know Kane, Wheeler, Kessel and Stone are available. Pursued Stone based on his expected production and he is age 27 which is desirable compared to the rest of the group.

Lindholm and Gallagher are available from the third group.

This is inching toward another decline I think.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

This is fair, but hard to stomach trading away Debrincat...

As was said, he might be scratching the surface... I think he might have Patrick Kane upside

Looking at your roster, I don't think you need Stone? You have enough Tier 1 wingers to fly the ship as it were, while you let Debrincat marinate

I pass on this one, given the scenario

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I pass on the main deal, but grab Zucker for the pick.

I'd put it this way: Stone & DeBrincat are close, DeBrincat is younger. I like Keller more than Strome, but Strome performed well enough this year to make it a question.

I know you're trying to gain ground on the defending champ, but sometimes you have a very stacked team, and you run into another stacked team, and there's nothing you can do.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Icon

..I'm a pass now. While Stone is the main get Keller is not Kuznetsov.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Sage

So it is a BFD. Been Fukcing Declined. Tough one, but its the right call. Thanks for the input. Keeping what I got, for now. Always time to circle back around if conditions change.
    Thanks fellas. REP is on the way.

The Great One

Interesting thread. Started with an easy accept (IMO) and then with each iteration got worse and worse.