Thread: Frozen Tools - > Player Usage Charts

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Frozen Tools - > Player Usage Charts

I am very interested in getting the QoC data from the site as we use it with a number of other factors to determine defensive ratings for a sim hockey league.

This year I manually recorded each QoC value from the Frozen Tools section which was very painful but I noticed that two players do not have QoC data that is accessible:
    Teddy Blueger - Pit
    Josh Brown - Fla

Do you know why the data is missing and would you be able to let me know the QoC values for these two players?

Could you include the QoC values in the table below so that it can be easily accessible? If it's not too much work a csv or xls file format would be super helpful for our group. Another option would be letting me know how the QoC value is calculated.

Thanks In Advance!

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Frozen Tools - > Player Usage Charts

I'm going to PM Eric Daoust (our Frozen Tools guy) and give him a heads up to see if he can help you out with this.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Administrator

I believe it's a name mismatch problem when fetching the data (Josh/Joshua and Teddy/Theodore). I'll let the guys behind the scenes know about it. Unlike all of our other features, this one is provided by Hockey Abstract so we don't have any control over it.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Recruit

Thanks for the quick response ericdaoust!

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I believe it's a name mismatch problem when fetching the data (Josh/Joshua and Teddy/Theodore). I'll let the guys behind the scenes know about it. Unlike all of our other features, this one is provided by Hockey Abstract so we don't have any control over it.
    Hi Eric!

I'm wondering if you've had a chance to dig a bit deeper on this. Thanks for helping out!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatyoshini View Post
    Hi Eric!

I'm wondering if you've had a chance to dig a bit deeper on this. Thanks for helping out!
    I sent the email and no response. It's possible there's some vacation time happening. After all, mid-June isn't the peak time for capturing advanced stats.

Quick suggestion: Go to the chart and click the Tableau logo at the bottom left. Then click "more by this author" - this will take you to the chart owner's profile on Tableau. If you poke around there you should be able to contact him directly.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust