Thread: Help trade offer

Dobber Sports Rookie

Question Help trade offer

This my first post ...

Hi guys, i would really need your opinions on this trade offer i got cause i'm really confused. I'm considering doing this deal cause of the depth i have at D.

My keeper Hockey pool has top 10 forwards and top 5 defs that counts with defs have 2 pts for goals. I'm in a big rebuilding process and i got the following offer;

I give Heinskanen, Provorov and Georgiev.
    I get Kravtsov, Tolvanen, 4th and 8th

My depth chart right know goes like this...
    Forward: Svechnikov, Thomas, Steel, Kyrou, Zadina, Frost, Suzuki, Bokk
    Defs: Fox, Boqvist, Ty Smith, Bouchard, Hughes, Valimaki, Niku, Timmins, Foote
    Draft picks for this year: 1-5-7-10-15-20-22-25
    Guys still available from past drafts: Romanov, Sandin, Batherson,

Please feel free to tell me to run away from this or to run fast to do it.

Thank You

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Help trade offer

Welcome to the forums.

You say this is your depth chart so I am assuming you mean your minors. What does your main roster look like because this cannot be your full roster. Also, how many teams in your league?

My initial gut reaction is to say no thanks and keep Heiskanen. I can see moving Provorov in a deal or some sort. Also, not sure about your goalie depth. I do like Georgiev more than some others so giving up a goalie in this deal. Who else do you own for goalies and how do they play into your league setup?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Rookie

Here are our pool settings - i also updated my signature and put my complete team

10 Teams Cash Keeper Hockey Pool - Points only

36 man roster (+/- 4 min/max) - Cut 8 for redrafting
    Top 10 Forward - 5 Def - 2 goalies count ... Defs gets 2 pts/goal ... Goalies W = 2 pts, SHO = 1 pts, G= 5pts, P= 2 pts

Forward: ASvechnikov, Schwartz, RThomas, Hintz, Steel, Bjork, Kyrou, Zadina, Frost, Suzuki, Bokk
    Defs: Heiskanen, Provorov, Graves, Fox, Boqvist, Ty Smith, Bouchard, Hughes, Valimaki, Niku, Timmins, Foote
    Goalies: Georgiev
    Draft picks for this year: 1-5-7-10-15-20-22-25-30-35-45-55-60-65
    Bottom 4 teams of the year gets 2 quick pick in the draft. Last place gets 1st and 5th pick, so it goes like 1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 in draft order.

Dobber Sports Deity

Am I missing something? I only count 24 total players when you league allows you to roster 36. Did you already make your drops? From what I can see, you barely have enough actual NHL players to roster a team. It's like your team is made up of what most would roster for a minors roster. How is it in a 10 team pool you don't own any legit NHL assets? Again, what am I missing here?

Also, you only have Georgiev as your only goalie and you are considering trading him away?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Rookie

Exactly... my 8 guys are allready dropped. We get 8 picks per year ( 8 drops) so i traded guys like Kane, Malkin, Holtby, Price, Byfu and more for kids and draft picks (players + picks = 38). I decided to go on a major rebuilding process for 4-5 years then i will start going up again and push for the top. I'm obviously last and going for Hughes and Lafreniere.

Yes i'm considering trading Georgiev cause i have a competitor for last place next year so if i want Lafreniere i gotta trade points away. I will prob draft Knight and some other young guy that wont do points for a couple seasons. Goalies are the easiest totrade for in our pool. (Fleury got traded for the 12th ov pick this year).

Not sure i can post our league site and pass here for you to see

I just sent you a private message

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Unfortunately, I think you went quite a bit too far 'all in' on the rebuild. A 4 - 5 year rebuild is extremely long, especially in a 10 team league. Rebuilding in a 10 team league should have you looking at young NHLers (Debrincat, Meier, etc.) not guys outside the NHL.

As for the deal, I think I would pass. You have two NHL defensemen (with a couple likely full time next year), I don't think you want to trade them both (and your only goalie) for two more guys not in the NHL (though likely to be there next year)

Dobber Sports Icon

Welcome to the boards.

My first bit of advice is to never plan your team around anything more than a 3 year window. It's not the real NHL, fantasy assets fluctuate too much and particularly with prospects, you can't count on production 4-5 years out.

I appreciate what you are trying to do, but judging by your team and the names you've traded away, you are putting way to much emphasis on youth. You've got some great young talent but you'll be lucky if 3 or 4 of them turn out to actually be elite rather than just slightly above average. I would not be trading Heiskanen/Provorov or Georgiev as those are guys you should be building around.

You're committed to this strategy for this season for now. But start trying to target guys who are going to be producing in the next year or two. As other guys drop out of the playoff race this year, see if you can snag some of the young talent that they may be frustrated with (guys like Laine who had a bad year last year but should bounce back).

All in all, you've got a some great guys like Svech and Heiskanen. It's a safe bet that a few of the others turn out great too. But don't get yourself into a constant state of rebuild by constantly chasing youth and "the next big thing"
    Without me, it's only "aweso".