Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 25 of 25

Thread: Which Goalie?

  1. #16
    4T2's Avatar
    4T2 is online now
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,238
    Location
    Outside The Asylum
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Superstar

    Default Re: Which Goalie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I wouldn't touch Lundqvist and that big salary. I wont be surprised to see him as a sharetime goalie next year at best with Georgiev.

    Schneider might not be a bad option. I too think he bounces back this year but that's no more than a suspicion on my part.

    Isn't this year Craig Anderson's good year coming up? We all know he's good one year, sucks the next, good one year, sucks the next, etc... If I am not mistaken, this year coming up is his good year. He would probably be who I went with here simply because you know you will get starts and he's cheaper compared to the rest. I don't think Ottawa will be nearly as bad as many seem to think but again, simply a sneaky suspicion on my part.
    Anderson is 37 and has had two awful years in a row. Plus he plays for Ottawa (that should be enough to stay away on it's own).

    The more I see in this thread, the more I take the chance on Schneider. I don't have a lot of faith, but I really don't have a lot of faith in any of the goalies on the list.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".


  2. #17
    Location
    Brampton, Ontario
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Jedi

    Default Re: Which Goalie?

    Potential answer changing question, is this your only goalie, or another depth goalie?
    Capped writer for DobberHockey. Find the latest articles here: http://www.dobberhockey.com/Table/Hockey-home/Capped/
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

  3. #18
    lucafen4's Avatar
    lucafen4 is online now
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    14,391
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Legend

    Default Re: Which Goalie?

    Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    i thought about Schneids too..i just dont trust it though..i just....dont.
    it's Schneider vs. the rest of that list though... .
    Yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why. - H.S.T.

  4. #19
    Location
    Regina, SK...EH!
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports All-Star

    Default Re: Which Goalie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I wouldn't touch Lundqvist and that big salary. I wont be surprised to see him as a sharetime goalie next year at best with Georgiev.

    Schneider might not be a bad option. I too think he bounces back this year but that's no more than a suspicion on my part.

    Isn't this year Craig Anderson's good year coming up? We all know he's good one year, sucks the next, good one year, sucks the next, etc... If I am not mistaken, this year coming up is his good year. He would probably be who I went with here simply because you know you will get starts and he's cheaper compared to the rest. I don't think Ottawa will be nearly as bad as many seem to think but again, simply a sneaky suspicion on my part.
    even in a timeshare his #s would be better than Andy..but his salary is a big hit, which should get him the lions share
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+1 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

    C- Toews, Duchene, Crosby, Konecny(RW), Necas
    RW- Ovechkin, Hoffman(LW), Pavelski(C),
    LW- BTkachuk, Connor, Pacioretty, Buchnevich(RW)
    D- Chabot, Trouba, Barrie, Gustafsson, Brannstrom, Morrissey
    G- Rask, Lundqvist, Blackwood, Howard
    IR -

    2019 Picks 9,15,16,19


    From this day fwd i will try to correct teh spelling of the word 'teh'

  5. #20
    DusterDave's Avatar
    DusterDave is online now
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    3,694
    Rep Power
    32

    Dobber Sports Star

    Default Re: Which Goalie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
    Smike
    Is this a typo or did you intentionally combine Mike Smith’s first and last name? Either way, brilliant.

  6. #21
    Dover's Avatar
    Dover is online now
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,113
    Location
    Montreal,Canada
    Rep Power
    12

    Dobber Sports Padawan

    Default Re: Which Goalie?

    Crawford and Schneider for me
    1G/1A=1, +-= 0.1, GWG=0.1 G: W=2, OTL=1,SO=1
    1st year ( 1 of 2 expansion team ) unlimited prospects ,9 teams League
    30 players roster, starts 20 weekly ( 12F, 6D, 2G )drops 7 at end of season

    F= Schwartz,Zibanejad,Gourde,Palmieri,K.Hayes
    ,Kase,Coyle,Bratt,Kreider,Niedereiter,Fiala
    D=Fowler,Klefbom,Gustafsson,Vatanen,Schultz,Mathes on
    G=Grubauer,Raanta
    Bench: Kempe,Roslovic,Bjork,Kahun,Cholowski ,Pionk,Koskinen,DeSmith
    Prospects=Svechnikov,Farabee,Vesalainen,Sikura,
    Wise,Bokk,Q.Hughes,Jokiharju,Hague,Blackwood

  7. #22
    stevegamer's Avatar
    stevegamer is online now
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,018
    Location
    Philadelphia area
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Genius

    Default Re: Which Goalie?

    I'm going to go with McElhinney from the short list. He should be okay, not cost much, and be likely to sign back in Carolina.

    However, from the long list, I kind of like the following:

    Ilya Sorokin NYI 650000 73%
    Malcolm Subban VGK 650000 64%
    Filip Gustavsson OTT 910833 55%
    Tristan Jarry PIT 675000 55%
    Garret Sparks TOR 675000 55%
    Eric Comrie WPG 650000 45%
    Collin Delia CHI 925000 45%
    Ville Husso STL 925000 45%
    Curtis McElhinney CAR 850000 45%
    Anthony Stolarz EDM 761250 45%
    Oscar Dansk VGK 675000 36%
    Keith Kinkaid CBJ 1250000 36%
    Sam Montembeault FLA 925000 36%
    Anders Nilsson OTT 2500000 36%
    Jon Gillies CGY 750000 27%
    10 team Head-to-head true dynasty. Roster 33, draft 2, cut down before season. Start 1 G, 1-2 backup G's, 6 D, 12 F arranged in 4 lines of 3. Only categories that matter are Goals, Assists, Save% with a shutout bonus. Having NHL teammates helps.

    G: F Andersen
    Backup G: Holtby
    D: Hainsey, M Reilly, Carlson, Gustafsson, Klingberg, Letang,
    F1: Couturier, Giroux, MacKinnon
    F2: Schiefele, Wheeler, Guentzel
    F3: Benn, Seguin, Pavelski,
    F4: Point, Stamkos, Tavares

    Bench:
    G: Bobrovsky
    D: Gardiner, Gostisbehere, Schultz, Werenski
    F: Bailey, Johnsson, Killorn, Labanc, JT Miller, Necas, Tuch, Voracek

    Reserve: Datsyuk

  8. #23
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Immortal

    Default Re: Which Goalie?

    Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    even in a timeshare his #s would be better than Andy..but his salary is a big hit, which should get him the lions share
    What makes you think a rebuilding Rangers team will be any better than a rebuilding Senators team? And his salary didn't help him last year down the stretch. Georgiev actually played more games down the stretch than Lundqvist if I am not mistaken. The reason: his numbers were not great. I am not buying your argument here especially for almost twice the cap hit.


    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

    25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

    Stamkos, Tavares, JaBenn, Couture, Wheeler, Lee, Frolik, RThomas, Kucherov, Byfuglien, Burns, Zuccarello, Hoffman, JSchwartz, KPalmieri, KConnor, Necas, Bjorkstrand, Point, Konecny, MBacklund, NSchmaltz

    G- Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky, Hart


    "Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

  9. #24
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Immortal

    Default Re: Which Goalie?

    Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    even in a timeshare his #s would be better than Andy..but his salary is a big hit, which should get him the lions share
    What makes you think a rebuilding Rangers team will be any better than a rebuilding Senators team? And his salary didn't help him last year down the stretch. Georgiev actually played more games down the stretch than Lundqvist if I am not mistaken. The reason: his numbers were not great. I am not buying your argument here especially for almost twice the cap hit.


    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

    25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

    Stamkos, Tavares, JaBenn, Couture, Wheeler, Lee, Frolik, RThomas, Kucherov, Byfuglien, Burns, Zuccarello, Hoffman, JSchwartz, KPalmieri, KConnor, Necas, Bjorkstrand, Point, Konecny, MBacklund, NSchmaltz

    G- Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky, Hart


    "Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

  10. #25
    Rep Power
    4

    Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

    Default Re: Which Goalie?

    Thanks for all the feedback!

    I think I'm going to go with Schneider. Crawford's head still worries me.
    31 Teams
    Dynasty
    Cap
    Rest TBD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •