Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Which Goalie?

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Which Goalie?

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I wouldn't touch Lundqvist and that big salary. I wont be surprised to see him as a sharetime goalie next year at best with Georgiev.

Schneider might not be a bad option. I too think he bounces back this year but that's no more than a suspicion on my part.

Isn't this year Craig Anderson's good year coming up? We all know he's good one year, sucks the next, good one year, sucks the next, etc... If I am not mistaken, this year coming up is his good year. He would probably be who I went with here simply because you know you will get starts and he's cheaper compared to the rest. I don't think Ottawa will be nearly as bad as many seem to think but again, simply a sneaky suspicion on my part.
    Anderson is 37 and has had two awful years in a row. Plus he plays for Ottawa (that should be enough to stay away on it's own).

The more I see in this thread, the more I take the chance on Schneider. I don't have a lot of faith, but I really don't have a lot of faith in any of the goalies on the list.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Titan

Potential answer changing question, is this your only goalie, or another depth goalie?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    i thought about Schneids too..i just dont trust it though..i just....dont.
    it's Schneider vs. the rest of that list though... .
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I wouldn't touch Lundqvist and that big salary. I wont be surprised to see him as a sharetime goalie next year at best with Georgiev.

Schneider might not be a bad option. I too think he bounces back this year but that's no more than a suspicion on my part.

Isn't this year Craig Anderson's good year coming up? We all know he's good one year, sucks the next, good one year, sucks the next, etc... If I am not mistaken, this year coming up is his good year. He would probably be who I went with here simply because you know you will get starts and he's cheaper compared to the rest. I don't think Ottawa will be nearly as bad as many seem to think but again, simply a sneaky suspicion on my part.
    even in a timeshare his #s would be better than Andy..but his salary is a big hit, which should get him the lions share
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
    Smike
    Is this a typo or did you intentionally combine Mike Smith’s first and last name? Either way, brilliant.

Dobber Sports Pro

Crawford and Schneider for me
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'm going to go with McElhinney from the short list. He should be okay, not cost much, and be likely to sign back in Carolina.

However, from the long list, I kind of like the following:

Ilya Sorokin NYI 650000 73%
    Malcolm Subban VGK 650000 64%
    Filip Gustavsson OTT 910833 55%
    Tristan Jarry PIT 675000 55%
    Garret Sparks TOR 675000 55%
    Eric Comrie WPG 650000 45%
    Collin Delia CHI 925000 45%
    Ville Husso STL 925000 45%
    Curtis McElhinney CAR 850000 45%
    Anthony Stolarz EDM 761250 45%
    Oscar Dansk VGK 675000 36%
    Keith Kinkaid CBJ 1250000 36%
    Sam Montembeault FLA 925000 36%
    Anders Nilsson OTT 2500000 36%
    Jon Gillies CGY 750000 27%
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

even in a timeshare his #s would be better than Andy..but his salary is a big hit, which should get him the lions share
    What makes you think a rebuilding Rangers team will be any better than a rebuilding Senators team? And his salary didn't help him last year down the stretch. Georgiev actually played more games down the stretch than Lundqvist if I am not mistaken. The reason: his numbers were not great. I am not buying your argument here especially for almost twice the cap hit.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

What makes you think a rebuilding Rangers team will be any better than a rebuilding Senators team? And his salary didn't help him last year down the stretch. Georgiev actually played more games down the stretch than Lundqvist if I am not mistaken. The reason: his numbers were not great. I am not buying your argument here especially for almost twice the cap hit.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thanks for all the feedback!

I think I'm going to go with Schneider. Crawford's head still worries me.
    10 Teams
    Keeper max 18 of 23 + 5 minors
    NHL Cap Hit
    G, A, SOG, HITS, BLKS, STP, FOW, Takeaways
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

C
    Eichel, Beniers, Trocheck, Fantilli, Staal, Glendening, Mittlestadt, Bjugstad

W
    B. Tkachuk, Pastrnak,
    Perfetti, Giroux, Byfield, Reinhart, Svechnikov, Quinn

D
    Lauzon, Schenn, Englund, Hakanpaa, Korchinski

G
    Sorokin, Ersson

Minors
    Wallstedt, Wolf, Jiricek