Hey Guys,

Who you got here, Gibson vs. Hart?

Dynasty, keep forever in mind

But also consider the team in win now contention

Context:
    H2H Categories
    WINS, SAVES, SV% and GAA

Current goalies: Price and Rinne

(My plan is to trade away Rinne - I am trying to stay ahead of the curve and move him now, get a younger goalie, to extend my win-now window)

Does Hart get a full work load next year? 50-60 GP? Any sophomore slump concern?

Gibson is unquestionably a work horse NHL goalie, however there are the lingering injury concerns, and Anaheim once again shouldn't win many games.

Both young, both on not great teams... One proven, one not...

Thoughts?

Also, everyone good with moving Rinne?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Gibson vs Hart

I would take Hart over Gibson in pretty much every format going.
    At 16-13-1 2.83 & .917 - I wouldn't expect there to be anything like a sophomore slump.

What happens with the vet G's around him will be interesting. But I'd be shocked if he wasn't at a min. platooning 50-50 split next year.

I would rather own Hart in a platoon and wait on him than Gibson in Anh in general though.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

I want Hart, I think he's the better own over Gibson even next year. Maybe only 50 starts (to Gibson's 60), but a better team, and also a good goalie in his own right.

On board with moving Rinne, though he is still the game 1 starter next season.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    On board with moving Rinne, though he is still the game 1 starter next season.
    Yes for sure... it wouldn't even be a shock if he was better than Gibson and/or Hart next year...

I just need one of those guys to be near same value for next season... its as I mentioned, getting ahead a year early on Rinne

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I guess my concern is will Hart be a no.1 goalie next year... I need the production

Whats nice I suppose, which I didn't mention, is that Hart is still Minor League eligible in our league for another 40 games or so - I could stash him down there and stream goalies if he stumbles a bit out of the gate?

Gibson was similar regarded prospect coming up as well - He's done nothing but prove the scouts right - He's been fantastic... its just I don't like the Ducks outlook...

Dobber Sports Padawan

The Hart Break Kid

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It very much depends on your G cats. If you have cats like goals against or shots against I'd lean towards Gibson. Ana will also likely get less wins as has been mentioned, but consider that Ana plays the most off nights in the whole league year after year which gives Gibson some considerable extra value as it helps maximize your G starts a lot.
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jones
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Gibson is a sure-fire good NHL goalie, and a workhorse. The off nights thing, if you have daily starts, makes Gibson a great target.

I'm worried about the Flyers GM and higher-ups in management. I think Hart should be at worst a tandem goalie next year, but they've made sure to note that the AHL for more seasoning is an option for Hart.

I'd lean Gibson.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Out of interest what kind of return are you likely to get on each?
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Big Daddy

I’d go Hart.

Gibson is undoubtedly the starter for Anaheim and they do get that great off night schedule but the team in front of him isn’t very good and he is a band-aid boy.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Out of interest what kind of return are you likely to get on each?
    So the two offers on the table right now are I get Hart or Gibson, with Logan Brown and I. Ratcliffe.... I give Mark Stone, Gusev and Jack Campbell

The corresponding move would net me a Forward replacement for Stone's production in exchange for Rinne

Both deals on contingent on the other

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post
    It very much depends on your G cats. If you have cats like goals against or shots against I'd lean towards Gibson. Ana will also likely get less wins as has been mentioned, but consider that Ana plays the most off nights in the whole league year after year which gives Gibson some considerable extra value as it helps maximize your G starts a lot.
    Categories are WINS, SAVES, SV% and GAA

Good point... Gibson usually gets shelled most nights, racking up his Saves total... and his Save % is typically very good... just no Wins

But how many wins will Hart conceivably get?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    I’d go Hart.

Gibson is undoubtedly the starter for Anaheim and they do get that great off night schedule but the team in front of him isn’t very good and he is a band-aid boy.
    I wouldn’t be using the schedule as a selling point until the schedule actually comes out.

Dobber Sports Icon

I'm in the minority but I'll take the proven Gibson over Hart for the next couple of years and potentially beyond that (which you can't predict). Even on a weak Anaheim team, his peripherals will be solid. Hart could very well be the next Carey Price, or he could be the next John Gibson, or he could be the next Jake Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    I wouldn’t be using the schedule as a selling point until the schedule actually comes out.
    I would normally agree with the this but Anaheim perennially has the best off-night schedule in the league.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Stud

Gibson. Hart is the shiny new toy that is driving today's hype train but he will go through his ups and downs as he learns the pro game and as other teams learn him. It wouldn't surprise me to see Hart play a large portion of this season in the minors and/or end up in a timeshare type of scenario.

Both guys are still very young, both guys play for crappy teams ATM, both guys possess elite level raw talent but only one of them is a near mortal lock to be the starter on his team this year.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik