Thread: Rittich + 2nd round pick for RInne

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Rittich + 2nd round pick for RInne

Hey guys . I own RInne and I'm well insulated in net (full keeper league) with Jones, Vasilevsky and Price thankfully. I got this offer. Is this an accept or reject offer. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Rittich + 2nd round pick for RInne

I would probably field him more, he's a top goalie but you're stacked in goal.. Also some info on your league, how deep it is... dynasty or not etc? It's not a bad offer considering but you don't really need another goalie
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

its a full keeper league.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd take that, but shoping him around may net help at an area you need it more.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Not sure why you'd want to move rinne to downgrade in goal. why not help yourself somewhere else?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Elpidio1975 View Post
    its a full keeper league.
    Full keeper, but how many teams in the league and what positions/stats do you use? How many goalies do you start each week (if it is H2H)? These answers will help us give you advice.

On the surface, Rinne for a downgrade in Rittich and a 2nd round pick doesn't seem like much. However, if your league is small and you only start two goalies per week, then goalie value is low and getting something for the 3rd/4th best goalie in your lineup is better than nothing.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

16 teams..i have the best goaltending for sure..we start 2 goalies every night in a head 2 head format. I know I wont get a better offer than this because of Rinne's age.

in the head 2 head format, wins, shutouts, save percentage and goals against average categories count for 1 point each in the head to head per week.

Dobber Sports Genius

I'm taking two years of Pekka Rinne over any and all of the years of Rittich. Goalies are so volatile. I want to have the one that is playing well (and under contract) right now. The Nashville net, for now, belongs to Rinne.

If you want to really maximize the return on your goalie surplus, then look for an offer that is one of your goalies for another GMs young forward. Don't ask for a goalie back.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Thanks for your input guys..im thinking of riding Rinne out until the end ...I don't want to undersell and Pekka is good insurance in case Vasilevsky, Price or Jones get hurt.

Dobber Sports Jedi

See if you can trade Jones for Rittich 1-1 ? I agree keep Rinne. or find a way to get Saros.

Either way, Jones is the G I'd be looking to move out.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4