Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Profile Suggestions - 2019 Fantasy Prospects Report

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Profile Suggestions - 2019 Fantasy Prospects Report

How about Tye Felhaber? I know he's an overager, but his recent production has me intrigued.

The Great One

From the 2017 Prospect Report:

Samuel Morin: Hulking stay-at-home rearguard continues to exert his dominance even at the pro level against men. Morin, the 11th overall pick in in 2013, clocks in at 6-6 and 202 pounds and he uses that size and tremendous strength to keep the opposition honest. So while this skill set pretty much guarantees an NHL spot in the top four, it also limits him in terms of offensive upside. A very low ceiling, but a pretty high floor.
    Upside - Adam Foote (5-30-35+, 130+ PIM)
    3YP – (3-17-20, 150 PIM)
    Certainty (NHL, Upside) - 99%, 35%
    Expected Arrival - 2017
    DobberHockey Draft Analysis – Take in a late round if you need immediate help and don‟t mind a lower ceiling.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Will Bitten and Joey Daccord

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    From the 2017 Prospect Report:

Samuel Morin: Hulking stay-at-home rearguard continues to exert his dominance even at the pro level against men. Morin, the 11th overall pick in in 2013, clocks in at 6-6 and 202 pounds and he uses that size and tremendous strength to keep the opposition honest. So while this skill set pretty much guarantees an NHL spot in the top four, it also limits him in terms of offensive upside. A very low ceiling, but a pretty high floor.
    Upside - Adam Foote (5-30-35+, 130+ PIM)
    3YP – (3-17-20, 150 PIM)
    Certainty (NHL, Upside) - 99%, 35%
    Expected Arrival - 2017
    DobberHockey Draft Analysis – Take in a late round if you need immediate help and don‟t mind a lower ceiling.

Other than that upside moving down a few points and his 3YP down a couple of points, I wouldn't change a thing with this report - and I would add "injury risk". Do the Morin requesters still want me to do him? I only have time for about 10, burn one on Morin?
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

I have 28 on my list of requested and say 10 spots. I will do a quick research on them and narrow it down. Then I may post a poll to do the final cuts

Thanks everyone!

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Other than that upside moving down a few points and his 3YP down a couple of points, I wouldn't change a thing with this report - and I would add "injury risk". Do the Morin requesters still want me to do him? I only have time for about 10, burn one on Morin?
    I’m okay with leaving Morin out. Do you still see him as guaranteed top 4? He has high potential value in multi-cat leagues that also count SHTOI.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Nope from me, that’s a great synopsis. Thanks Dobber!
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Cool Re: Profile Suggestions - 2019 Fantasy Prospects Report

As the one who initially suggested Morin, I'll be pouting for the rest of my days if he won't get a profile
    Nah, seriously, thanks for your summary and thoughts, much apprechiated!

I'd have another suggestion for the guide. Not a profile though and I hope I don't make a demanding impression:

I thought it would be nice to have an overview of all the blue chip prospects (and maybe also for the suggestions for the ones who "should be taken in the first couple of rounds". Nothing fancy, just a list with the names for each NHL team. Maybe other managers would like that too as it would help to keep track of which desirable overage talents are gone/still on the board during fantasy drafts.
    Just an idea, feel free to ignore it (I'm aware that your top 50 list is a comparable thing)...
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jankowski(C)
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson, Armia
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Stanley, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Just noticed the pucks in the net of the goalie icons show their tier. Gold = Elite, Silver = Star.. etc.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post
    As the one who initially suggested Morin, I'll be pouting for the rest of my days if he won't get a profile
    Nah, seriously, thanks for your summary and thoughts, much apprechiated!

I'd have another suggestion for the guide. Not a profile though and I hope I don't make a demanding impression:

I thought it would be nice to have an overview of all the blue chip prospects (and maybe also for the suggestions for the ones who "should be taken in the first couple of rounds". Nothing fancy, just a list with the names for each NHL team. Maybe other managers would like that too as it would help to keep track of which desirable overage talents are gone/still on the board during fantasy drafts.
    Just an idea, feel free to ignore it (I'm aware that your top 50 list is a comparable thing)...
    I heard this idea recently and I like it. Thanks for the reminder. If I don't get to it for the update, I will want to do it for next year. But I'll try.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter9 View Post
    Just noticed the pucks in the net of the goalie icons show their tier. Gold = Elite, Silver = Star.. etc.
    You likey?

Dobber Sports Novice

Alexander Yelesin please

I...am your father.

Just to follow up on this. I had trouble narrowing your great suggestions down to 10. So I will add 12! The following will be added in about a week:

YES PILE
    Oliwer Kaski (DET)
    Dominik Kubalik CHI
    Anton Wedin (CHI)
    Ilya Mikheyev (TOR)
    Nico Sturm (MIN)
    Jimmy Schuldt (VGK)
    Brennan Menell (MIN)
    Tye Felhaber (DAL)
    Will Bitten (MIN)
    Joey Daccord (OTT)
    Joakim Nygard (EDM)
    alexis gravel (chi)

These ones, some were close, I looked at them all, but in the end I felt another year of proving themselves and getting onto most fantasy radars would be best. My hunch is that most will never get there. But who knows? (also Lajoie is not a prospect):
    NO PILE
    michael mcniven (mtl)
    Tuulola
    Ryan Kuffner
    Noel Hoefenmayer
    MacKenzie Entwistle
    jakub skarek (nyi)
    dylan wells (edm)
    merrick madsen (ari)
    Sellgren
    Olund
    Clark Bishop (Car)
    Maxim Lajoie
    Ryan Graves
    Jonny Tychonick
    Sam Morin
    Jake Wise
    Alexander Yelesin

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I always wish we could see guys who are no longer technicially prospects but are rookies who are tough to project. Guys like Hintz, Foegele, even Robert Thomas. It would be so great to be able to compare and contrast more players that were likely unowned going into the playoffs but had decent break outs.

Dobber Prospect and Rookie Report??

What's the point of you working on a profile, and us reading it, for a guy like Brett Murray, where you basically just tell us not to draft him anyway? I wanna know where I should slot in Foegele and Hintz compared to guys like Newhook and Broberg.
    H2H Keeper League - 12 Teams

G (3), A (2), PPP (1), SHP (1), PIMS (.5), Shots (.25), Hits (.25), Blks (.2)
    Saves (.2), Wins (2.5), Shutouts (2), Goals Against (-1)

Weekly line changes

C - R. Getzlaf, J. Thornton, N. Bjugstad, E. Staal, P. Stastny (dress 3)
    LW - A. Ovechkin, J. Gaudreau, Z. Parise, D. Sedin (dress 3)
    RW - P. Kessel, B. Wheeler, Nyquist, P. Sharp, S. Gagner (dress 3)
    D - K. Shattenkirk, E. Johnson, K. Yandle, M. Green, B. Seabrook, M. Rielly, R. Gudas, (dress 4)
    G - H. Lundqvist, S. Varlamov, C. Ward, E. Lack (dress 2)

Farm - C. Dvorak, B. Boeser, J. Gillies, A. Mangiapane

Dobber Sports Ace

Just wondering why Hunter Miska (Ari - G) was left out of the prospects report. I was always under the impression he was pushing Hill hard to be next in line and could be a surprise but he seems to have disappeared from the Prospects report??

Oh yeah, could you do a profile??
    12 Team H2H keeper league
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, Hits, GWG & SOG. W, GAA, SV% & SHO
    Daily changes, Start: 3C 3LW 3RW 6D 1F 2W 2G - 10 Bench