Thread: Dahlin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Dahlin

Hey all, my league is in Sig... what would you give up for Rasmus Dahlin? I know I don't really need him but given he's probably the only generational defensemen (or close) in the prospect game right now, I want to make a move for him.

I've been considering something like Strome & Hughes or Makar? it seems like this deal might go through based on the early talks with the manager, who would you put forward out of Hughes/Makar... He's also interested in Matthews & Kakko but I want to keep them out of it.
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Dahlin

If I owned Dahlin, I wouldn't be trading him for Strome, Hughes, and Makar. You'd have to be talking about Pettersson, Hughes, Kakko, etc. to get my attention.
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Argh really? haha I'm having serious doubts... he looks like he's willing to go for it if it's Strome, Makar and Lindblom (plus a 3rd in 2020), Makar is SOOOO freaking good though
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

The Great One

Take the best piece; don't worry about all the other junk you are throwing in...

Dobber Sports Icon

With your league settings, I would rather have Makar than Dahlin.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    With your league settings, I would rather have Makar than Dahlin.
    not sure I would RATHER have makar over dahlin, but I am definitely on your side in that it's really close between them. dahlin is the one who got all the "generational Dman" talk, but makar is not far behind. if anything, makar is the one who got the "next erik karlsson" talk.
    think of it as nic lidstrom vs erik karlsson. in real life, you take lidstrom any day. but in fantasy, there's quite a lot to think about. I don't think i'd be adding much to makar to get dahlin, if anything. makar is gonna be putting up 65-70 points on a fairly consistent basis IMO. he is that good.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

So many conflicting answers haha, I was very close to trading Makar until I saw these posts. I've postponed it for now, thanks all

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah my point was more that you're going to probably have to overpay considerably to get Dahlin. I'm on the side of being pretty ok with holding onto Makar & Hughes. Sample size was pretty small, but there's no denying that Colorado can put up the points, and if they do ship Barrie out, basically his team.
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I ended up overpaying a little bit I think. Gave up Ehlers, Q.Hughes & Strome for J.Pullujarvi, R.Dahlin and R.Merkeley but I had an abundance of good forwards and so was happy to give them up.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by JayJJeffery View Post
    I ended up overpaying a little bit I think. Gave up Ehlers, Q.Hughes & Strome for J.Pullujarvi, R.Dahlin and R.Merkeley but I had an abundance of good forwards and so was happy to give them up.
    Are you saying you competed the deal and that is what it was? If so, you completely robbed him.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Are you saying you competed the deal and that is what it was? If so, you completely robbed him.
    Lol really? I'm not sure, but either way I'm happy with my team

Big Daddy

Yeah you easily won that trade. Take it and run!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Dobber Sports Initiate

I just offered Holtby AND either Klingberg or Josi
    for
    Dahin and an early pick (1st or 2nd)

We will see
    10 team keeper league dress 4 LW, C, RW, 6 Def and 2 Goalies (gls and asts are a pt for fwds and 1.5 for Def, as is a +, but also -1 for a - forwards and -1 for "D", G - 2 pts for win, 5 for SO and pts for saves)
    LW - Landeskog, Robertson, E. Kane, Guentzel, Huberdeau, Kreider, Schwartz (C/RW)
    C - Stamkos, Zibanijad, Wright, Norris, Seguin (RW), Larkin, Zegras, Zary
    RW - Rantanen, Olofsson, Kuzmenko (LW), Sharangovich (LW/C), Laine, Arvidsson (LW)
    D - M. Anderson, Josi, S. Jones, Toews, Theodore, Faber, , Korchinski, Zellweger, Mintyukov, Larsson, H. Lindholm, K. Miller
    G - Andersen, Gustavsson, Saros, Vejmelka