Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: K. Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: K. Kaprizov

Cool beans. Thanks man.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I felt like Kaprizov stagnated last season but considering he looks completely rejuvenated this season and Necas is not getting the kind of usage I was expecting, this is more of a coin flip for me at this point.

In general, I feel that Kaprizov is being overrated and Necas is being underrated by most people, though. If you can get Necas+, I would definitely do that deal. 1-for-1 comes down to personal preference now.
    I dunno.. I mean - his pt totals are better than Panarin's at the same age... when was the last time a 23 year old to lead the KHL in scoring? Legit chance for him to do that this year.

I don't know if preferring Kaprizov over Necas is really undervaluing him. I fully expect Kapirzov to walk into the NHL next year and outperform Necas by a fair margin.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

What about Kaprizov vs Turcotte?
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Recruit

It would be great if you could publish your complete roaster, but K. Kaprizov should be there, he is always the 1st choice.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hard to say, Necas and Kaprizov are easier to compare as they have both played against men wherein Turcotte has only started to play against men this year. That being said, I think Turcotte has the higher upside, but Kaprizov has more certainty as to at least being a good top six wing.

I also like Turcotte in that he is "THE" center of the future for the kings (R.I.P Vilardi's career) and it's easier to build around a center then a wing...I really do worry about who Kap is going to play with when(if?) he crosses over...it's not looking pretty.
    Kaliyev-Turcotte- "insert name here" could be deadly in a few years. Kaprizov - ??? - ???
    I'd prob swap my Kap for Turcotte if the offer came my way.
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by bnet View Post
    Hard to say, Necas and Kaprizov are easier to compare as they have both played against men wherein Turcotte has only started to play against men this year. That being said, I think Turcotte has the higher upside, but Kaprizov has more certainty as to at least being a good top six wing.

I also like Turcotte in that he is "THE" center of the future for the kings (R.I.P Vilardi's career) and it's easier to build around a center then a wing...I really do worry about who Kap is going to play with when(if?) he crosses over...it's not looking pretty.
    Kaliyev-Turcotte- "insert name here" could be deadly in a few years. Kaprizov - ??? - ???
    I'd prob swap my Kap for Turcotte if the offer came my way.
    Thanks for your thoughts. Yeah, I already chose Turcotte over Kaprizov.

I read this piece on KK just recently. I'm sure it's a bit of a puff piece but I'd hold onto a guy with this much upside:

https://www.hockeywilderness.com/201...-damien-giroux
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Will this guy finally play in the NHL next year?? Could he make a Panarin like impact??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Will this guy finally play in the NHL next year?? Could he make a Panarin like impact??
    He was quoted as saying "I think we all know where I'll be playing next year." Might be paraphrasing a tad, but his intentions are to play in Minny next season. Not sure if he'll have a Panarin impact off the hop, but I think he's skilled enough to get there in the near future.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

I happen to own both in my keeper league (Panarin, Kaprizov) and I am very high on Kap. That being said, I think it's highly unlikely he comes across and has the impact Panarin had, I think it's unlikely he even has the impact Panarin has had a few years down the road. I'm not selling Kaprizov short here, just what Panarin has done and how consistent he's been, there are a handful of wingers over the last decade who have put up better ppg numbers then him.

I think a fair guesstimate for ol' Kappy would be somewhere between 20-25 goals and 40-50 points for his first year in the league...if he was on a better team with better linemates I feel he'd have a real good shot at hitting 30/30 his first year. Long-term (Minny really needs some top prospects/top six) I could see him being a perennial 30 goal scorer with maybe a couple seasons of 40-ish and 65-75 point upside.
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by bnet View Post
    I happen to own both in my keeper league (Panarin, Kaprizov) and I am very high on Kap. That being said, I think it's highly unlikely he comes across and has the impact Panarin had, I think it's unlikely he even has the impact Panarin has had a few years down the road. I'm not selling Kaprizov short here, just what Panarin has done and how consistent he's been, there are a handful of wingers over the last decade who have put up better ppg numbers then him.

I think a fair guesstimate for ol' Kappy would be somewhere between 20-25 goals and 40-50 points for his first year in the league...if he was on a better team with better linemates I feel he'd have a real good shot at hitting 30/30 his first year. Long-term (Minny really needs some top prospects/top six) I could see him being a perennial 30 goal scorer with maybe a couple seasons of 40-ish and 65-75 point upside.
    Very reasonable take here, I agree with this. Maybe 25+25=50 in his rookie season and 35+35=70 realistic upside. If Minny can't improve as a team, you might have to remove 5 assists from each scenario.

People need to stop expecting everyone to be the next Panarin - Panarin is a one-in-a-million type of player. 388 points in 368 NHL games. That is ridiculously good. And he's done most of that without Patty Kane on his line.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post

People need to stop expecting everyone to be the next Panarin -
    But... but.... I want him to be....!!

I agree. Scoring 40G in the NHL is very very difficult. Scoring 30 is very difficult. If he becomes a 30-30 guy, it has to be considered a success. The way he's going I think he can safely hit those stats, with uspide for more on a stronger team.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    But... but.... I want him to be....!!

I agree. Scoring 40G in the NHL is very very difficult. Scoring 30 is very difficult. If he becomes a 30-30 guy, it has to be considered a success. The way he's going I think he can safely hit those stats, with uspide for more on a stronger team.
    Gusev was also supposed to easily hit 70+ points. I wouldn't take anything for granted, not even 50+ points for Kaprizov. Is it likely? Yes. A sure thing? No.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Prospects are like a box of chocolates.

Even if he is Panarin good skill wise he's likely not going to hit his full potential on a Minnesota team that is going in a weird direction with lots of aging players and not a lot of high end talent on the way. Also they have only had 2 players crack 70 points in the last 10 years, they are just one of those teams that isn't going to crank out any ppg players. Of course this is just by looking at history and might not mean anything. If Kaprizov came into a team like Pittsburgh, then his ceiling would look at lot more attainable.
    20 Team Dynasty H2H League: Devils (Rebuild Mode)
    5th Year
    G=1.5, A=1, PPP=.25, SHP=.25, BLK=.1, HIT=.1, SOG=1, FOW=+.1, FOL=-.1, GA=-1, SV=+.1, SHO=4, W=3

C : Hischier, Horvat,
    W : Marner, P. Kane, Fiala
    D : Provorov, Bouchard
    G : Campbell, Francouz

Minors:
    C : Tomasino, Rossi, Khustnutdinov, Amirov, Stankoven,
    W : N. Robertson, Maccelli,
    D : Addison, Farrance, Morrow, Heinola, Rathbone
    G : Annunen, Thompson