Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: K. Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: K. Kaprizov

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Gusev was also supposed to easily hit 70+ points. I wouldn't take anything for granted, not even 50+ points for Kaprizov. Is it likely? Yes. A sure thing? No.
    Is it just me... or does there seem to be an invisible age line where players coming over from the KHL 26 or older really struggle to adapt (Shipachev, Gusev)? There are a lot more lower profile examples in the past 3-4 years.

It's hard for me to tell which camp Prokhorkin fits into as it doesn't seem like he's been given ice time in LA to really determine. I've been holding him in one pool as I see him as a slow burn and popping 40+ pts next year.
    Whereas 25 and under are much less likely to struggle (Kubalik, Mikheyev, Panarin)

After seeking Kubalik/Mikheyev - I feel Kaprisov fits more into this mould of a player and perhaps even a bit more of an offensive version.
    The one difference with KK is he'll be given a more open shot at a top six role and PP time than either Kubalik or Mikheyev were off the hop.

From the limited highlights I've seen on KK he doesn't seem to play a perimeter game which should help him transition to the smaller ice faster.
    Which is why I'm optimistic on him.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Is it just me... or does there seem to be an invisible age line where players coming over from the KHL 26 or older really struggle to adapt (Shipachev, Gusev)? There are a lot more lower profile examples in the past 3-4 years.

It's hard for me to tell which camp Prokhorkin fits into as it doesn't seem like he's been given ice time in LA to really determine. I've been holding him in one pool as I see him as a slow burn and popping 40+ pts next year.
    Whereas 25 and under are much less likely to struggle (Kubalik, Mikheyev, Panarin)

After seeking Kubalik/Mikheyev - I feel Kaprisov fits more into this mould of a player and perhaps even a bit more of an offensive version.
    The one difference with KK is he'll be given a more open shot at a top six role and PP time than either Kubalik or Mikheyev were off the hop.

From the limited highlights I've seen on KK he doesn't seem to play a perimeter game which should help him transition to the smaller ice faster.
    Which is why I'm optimistic on him.
    Yes, I'm not really a fan of players crossing the pond at age 25 or older. At that point, they're a bit too used to the European way of playing. It's still possible to be successful like Gusev has shown after he was given more of an opportunity but 22-24 seems to be the best age for most of them.

Another thing I've noticed is that European centers struggle a lot more than wingers. If they are pure centers who can't be easily moved to the wing, it's very difficult for them to have success.

As said, 50+ points is likely for Kaprizov which would be a great rookie season. I think expectations should be just kept at a reasonable level.

Dobber Sports Master

I dunno if Gusev was easily supposed to hit over 70... I think it was his upside but I think over 50 could have been a realistic expectation.

From what I’ve seen I think a reasonable expectation is for KK to stick in the top 6 and contribute. That can mean anything from 20-20 to 25-25.. I think that would be considered a successful transition and if he shows flashes for more, gravy. Coming over at age 22-23 ish basically means coming over in the beginning of his prime scoring years. That should be good timing for him.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Gusev had picked up his game a lot over the last month or so, still isn't playing a good two way game at all (but then who on NJ is? lol). As others have said, there seems to be an age cutoff for truly successful cross overs from the KHL. The only "older" players I can think of that crossed over with success are Radulov (already had big success in NHL earlier in his career) and Dadanov (did play in the NHL for a couple of years, didn't find a lot of success but had the experience).
    I feel a safe floor for Kap in his 1st year would be 20g/20a with upside for 25-30 each depending on what Minny decides to do in the off-season.
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I can't wait to see Kaprizov over here in the NHL!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..