Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: K. Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default K. Kaprizov

I currently have K. Kaprizov holding down the final spot on my rookie keeper list (rookies are players with less than 170 NHL games experience). My other rookie keepers are PLD, Q. Hughes, Gusev, and T. Terry. We are introducing a utility spot to our rosters next year, so basically I can stash Kaprizov for the next year until he (hopefully) comes over. Is the reward of holding onto him worth the risk? Part of the "risk" is that I could also keep a guy like Pulock or Batherson in the final rookie keeper spot instead of KK.
    Weekly matchup, 10-teams, 25 man roster, play 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G per night
    Multi-cat league: G (4), A (2.5), SOG (0.2), HIT (0.2), BLKS (0.2), PPP, GWG, PIMS (0.2), +/- (+/-0.5) - skaters
    W (3), S/O (5), each save (0.2), each GA (-1)

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: K. Kaprizov

I would rather Pulock.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I am with Eskimo i would rather have Pulock not only is he a very good and will get better player. he is a for sure thing to be there for you not a hope and a prayer

Dobber Sports Padawan

Pulock for me for sure

The Great One

I'd like to understand your rules better. While protecting Pulock makes sense, he has 166 games played. Does this mean you'll have to promote him after 4 games next year, and drop somebody to keep him? If so, who are your other D? It doesn't make sense to protect Pulock as a rookie if you'll only get 4 games out of him next year.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I'd like to understand your rules better. While protecting Pulock makes sense, he has 166 games played. Does this mean you'll have to promote him after 4 games next year, and drop somebody to keep him? If so, who are your other D? It doesn't make sense to protect Pulock as a rookie if you'll only get 4 games out of him next year.
    hmm... I can see both sides of this really. I have to promote Pulock this year or drop him in a pool. I have some truculence I can move out to make room, or try to flip Petry (similar production but older) for futures.)

It really does depend on who's in those main D spots currently vs. what Pulock will give you next season.

Would Pulock be better than your current worst roster D? Maybe it's wise to move him up now and keep Kaprisov or Batherson - Which is what I would really prefer to do.

Pulock aside picking between Batherson & KK is tough. both have really good upside
    Batherson will give you something next season, whereas KK is a full yr wait.

It's going to be real interesting to see how immediate his impact is. I think it'll be significant based on his game. He plays a lot behind the net, down low and in the dirty areas around the net. That should translate to the NHL well.

You really can't go wrong with either forward.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

keep Kaprizov for me. i would rather wait 1 more year at least to see. Wouldn't you be sad to have left him and suddenly he becomes the next Kucherov?

Keep pulock and drop an older player. I can't see your roster but you must have worse D than Pulock that can be droppable/redrafted
    Keep 6 - 14 team H2H Yahoo - Categories: G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG FW HIT BLK / GS W GAA SV% SHO
    C: T.Thompson, Aho
    LW: B.Tkachuk, M. Tkachuk
    RW:
    D: Dahlin, Fox, Mcavoy
    G:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yeah, it's a bit more complicated than just choosing Pulock because he'll be playing next year. Pulock does only have 4 games left as a rookie then I will have to promote him and drop somebody. We haven't drafted yet, so I don't know how would be the player being dropped (likey my worse player on a 23 man roster, 10-team league). Conversely, I could keep Kaprizov and he would only take up a utility spot on my roster, so it opens up a roster spot for another player (which would be taken by Pulock if I kept him). I could also keep Kaprizov for the next few years until he hits 170 games; our prospect farm system is a bit complicated but it is a big advantage to have good rookies since you can constantly move rookies up and down from the farm to maximize man-games played every week. So, if Kaprizov can be a 30g 30a guy by 2020/21, he might be worth keeping. I could potentially re-draft Pulock (or Kaprizov for that matter) in our rookie redraft...I'm not sure who would be more sought after between the two, but I have the 4th OA rookie pick, which I could recoup Pulock or KK or Batherson instead of drafting a newly eligible player like Cozens at that spot. Does this clarify things a bit?
    Weekly matchup, 10-teams, 25 man roster, play 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G per night
    Multi-cat league: G (4), A (2.5), SOG (0.2), HIT (0.2), BLKS (0.2), PPP, GWG, PIMS (0.2), +/- (+/-0.5) - skaters
    W (3), S/O (5), each save (0.2), each GA (-1)

The Great One

Can you not put Pulock in your utility spot, and Kaprizov as a rookie keeper?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Can you not put Pulock in your utility spot, and Kaprizov as a rookie keeper?
    No. Utility spots are not additional keeper spots...in our league it's more of just another roster spot to stash players that don't count against your roster limit. I just meant that I could keep Kaprizov in the utility spot during next season while he's still in KHL and he wouldnt be taking a roster spot from someone else.

The Great One

Given how important rookies are to your line up, I'd hold Kaprizov. By the time he comes over he should be better than your average rookie (in terms of putting up points) and that should be gold to you. As for Pulock, it's hard to say if I'd outright drop him because I don't know who you are keeping instead of him...

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I think we would have to see your entire roster before we can all give you a solid concrete answer!!
    I am also in a predicament with KK, but have to keep him for the potential this kid has!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Icon

I would keep Kaprizov over Pulock.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiker View Post
    No. Utility spots are not additional keeper spots...in our league it's more of just another roster spot to stash players that don't count against your roster limit. I just meant that I could keep Kaprizov in the utility spot during next season while he's still in KHL and he wouldnt be taking a roster spot from someone else.
    If you don't use this spot for a player to put in and out of your line up for additional points then yeah big time keep KK.

I would also keep Pulock and move another dman your have
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Would you guys do KK for Necas straight up?
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov