Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Nikita Gusev - what's going on

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Nikita Gusev - what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by cheese_cake View Post
    This is exciting news!
    I'm pretty sure GMs must be calling Vegas, but at this point it all depends what Vegas asks for him. They don't have particular contracts to offload anymore, they just want to be cap compliant so they'll probably want the other team to pay in picks. My guess is that some GMs that could give Gusev increased opportunity dont really want to give too much in picks for an unproven Russian imo
    so CBJ becomes a less likely destination for eg.

What about the Wild?
    I'm not sure the Wild really have much of a vision right now going forward, but with Kaprizov hopefully coming over next year it could be an interesting situation.

As to Nikita Gusev being "unproven," the dude has 215 points in his last 173 KHL games and he's 26 years old - will be 27 in a few days. I would be shocked if he wasn't an effective player almost immediately.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Administrator

Of course there's going to be difficulties assessing Gusev's real potential and his fit on a new team. However teams face similar risks when acquiring any other player from outside the organization.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think Bergevin will try to recoup his failure of offer sheet to Aho. So Mtl could be a possibility

Dobber Sports Pro

Benning better be on the phone.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think Gusev can have an immediate Dadonov type impact (65pts), assuming Vegas moves him to a team where he'll get top six usage and PP time. Gusev's KHL production was way better than Dadonov's was before he came over and as mentioned he's soon to be 27 and already in the peak of his prime. He's got a real small window to come over here and cash in so he'll be insanely motivated to light the league on fire.

The absolute best case scenario would be the next Panarin and 75pts but that would need to be a perfect situation with L1/PP1 and a superstar to play with. Think Tampa somehow getting him back and playing him with Point and Kuch. I don't see that happening though.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Deity

One has to think that a lot of GMs would (should) be on the phone, finding out the price for Gusev.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Gusev's agent has been quoted in Russian media as saying he has given Vegas a deadline and if there is no contract signed he will begin negotiatoing with SKA St. Petersburg for a return to the KHL for a year. He could then return to the NHL as a UFA in 2020.
    Agent Guseva: after a certain deadline, I will go on negotiations with SKA

Подробнее на «Чемпионате»:
    https://www.championat.com/hockey/ne...urce=copypasteAgent Guseva: after a certain deadline, I will go on negotiations with SKA

Poor Translation:
    Hockey agent Yuri Nikolaev , representing the interests of striker Nikita Gusev in the KHL, said that there is a possibility that the striker will return to SKA. Gusev played for SKA from 2015 to 2019, after which he signed a contract with Vegas Golden Knights.

Vegas has not yet exchanged striker Nikita Gusev to another club, although I know that there have been offers of exchange. I am constantly in touch with a company representing Nikita in North America. In "Vegas" in the course of Nikita's preferences and wishes. Now the ball is on their court. The rights to Gusev in the KHL belong to SKA. There is a certain deadline, after which I will be forced to enter into concrete negotiations with the “army” club, ”said Nikolayev in an interview with the Championship correspondent Pavel Panyshev.

edit: Just thought I should add that, if I'm not mistaken, KHL training camps open in the next few weeks and this is the last year before the KHL salary cap is instituted so I wouldn't be surprised if Gusev is serious about getting a NHL deal done or just going back to SKA for 1 last big-ish contract.