Thread: JVR for Lots of Stuff

Dobber Sports Icon

Default JVR for Lots of Stuff

This is a 31 team dynasty league that uses NHL salary cap and AAV. We dress full lineups of 12 forwards, 6 dmen and a goalie each week. Stats include G, A, +/-, hits, blocked shots, PP TOI, PK TOI, takeaways. We keep players until they become an NHL UFA (as in their contract runs out and they don't sign an extension before July 1st)

Who wins this deal and is it a fair deal?

Team A gets James Van Riemsdyk
    Team B gets Andy Greene, Nolan Patrick, Jared McIsaac and a 2020 1st round pick (like be in the 10 - 25 range)

Thank you.

The Great One

Default Re: JVR for Lots of Stuff

This is a classic win now/win later scenario.

Long-term Nolan Patrick will be what JvR already is. If you are looking to compete now, hang onto JvR. If you want to win later, go with Patrick. Greene and McIsaac have low value (basically throw-ins). The pick has a bit of value, but you likely won't get an impact player with it.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Titan

Would you be able to drop Greene and his anchor salary or would you have to keep him?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I think the owner of JVR should be in sell-high mode. And that doesn't necessarily mean he should be looking to sell him. It just means that if he is selling him, that he should feel like he is getting great return. JVR had a decent 2nd half of the season last year. 14 points in 15 games in March... and he also had a good showing at the Worlds... so I would suggest to any JVR owner, that you are not selling unless you get a great offer for your league.

On the other side of the picture, I would be thinking if I can get him for a steal that would be awesome.

Lots of players have a slow start after they have moved to a new team... I think JVR will have a great year this year.

As for the above trade, I am never a fan of a bunch of spare parts for a proven talent. Patrick might turn into something, but I feel he is too far down the pecking order right now to consider him anything other than a spare part in the trade above.

Dobber Sports Novice

I like Nolan and the 1st but to be honest, it is a pretty uninspiring trade offer.

Dobber Sports Icon

Andy Greene is probably a top 30 dmen with these league settings. He led the NHL in PK TOI and blocked shots last season. He was also 25th among dmen in takeaways.

With that said, it sounds like most of you do not think the deal is bad enough that it will wreck the integrity of the league. I am not the GM of either team but I am the commissioner of the league. Another GM in the league thinks the deal should be vetoed because it is so one-sided so I wanted others to confirm that this is "close enough".

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Andy Greene is probably a top 30 dmen with these league settings. He led the NHL in PK TOI and blocked shots last season. He was also 25th among dmen in takeaways.

With that said, it sounds like most of you do not think the deal is bad enough that it will wreck the integrity of the league. I am not the GM of either team but I am the commissioner of the league. Another GM in the league thinks the deal should be vetoed because it is so one-sided so I wanted others to confirm that this is "close enough".
    Given Greene's unique value in this particular league (which in all honesty I didn't take the proper amount of time to consider), I'd say the deal is certainly fair. I actually thought it was worth considering if the Patrick side was rebuilding, but given the value of Greene in the short-term, it was naive of me to consider him merely a throw-in.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Titan

Even with Greene's contributions I would have a tough time seeing him as valuable given his contract.

Definitely not a league altering deal either way though.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

If the Patrick + 1st is rebuilding/retooling, I wouldn't take issue with this trade. Especially if Green could be flipped for an asset.

It's not like JVR has exactly lit the world on fire in phiily, and he's not on a cheap contract either.

Dobber Sports Genius

In a cap league like yours, I would take Patrick for JVR 1-1. The rest is gravy.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Deity

Personally, I'd keep JVR here. I just don't see enough value coming back and I think you are selling JVR at a low point. I also think his season last year isn't indicative of whats to come for him in Philly. The injury really set him back last season and he finally caught fire at the end of the year. If he can stay healthy this upcoming season, I expect big numbers for JVR.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."