Thread: Pacioretty for Toffoli and Vatrano

The Great One

Default Pacioretty for Toffoli and Vatrano

I really like Pacioretty for a bounceback. At 30 i think he can hit career highs on a loaded Vegas team especially if he can land a pp1 spot which im assuming is his to lose at least at season start (am i worng here?). if so- he could be a 220 plus sog guy with 30 goals and north of 65 points. I know hes not as "sexy" a name as he used to be but my team is very much in contention with a very short "win now' window. Imho Im looking at this year and next to be truly competetive before bad conteracts catch up with me and dictate a re-build. 7 Milion is a sizable chunk but definitely worth the money if he hits the high end of his potential. If he truly has declined and 40ish pouints is his new normal thats a a heavy anchor to carry around contractually speaking.

I really had Toffoli pegged as a breakout candidate to take the next step offensively kind of like Guentzel did this year. that just didnt happen. Assuming Kopitars good year/bad year reputation is a logistical truth we might be able to bank on Toffoli riding his coat tails back into fantasy prominernce. i feel like toffoli has pacioretty type upside. The real wrench in the spokes is that i have no idea what he gets paid on the heels of such a poor season statistically.

I dont know much about Vatrano. His statline definitely plays in a league as deep as mine if he can at least repeat- and I definitely like his sog per 60 numbers. That being said Florida looks like the landing spot for some big name FAs this year which would only push him down the depth chart. 2.5 million for 20ish goals and 45ish points is a nice luxury at the bottom of a lineup. Ive got Jarnkrok and Hartman who generally see a lot of time on my roster who are both question marks statistically (although theyve both been sneaky good at times). Vanek spent some time on there, Maroons new contract might out price him. Im just saying adding Vatrano does make a meaningful impact moreso than in your standard shallower league where hes just another waiver option.

Thoughts Im really torn here. I think the Pacioretty of old is on his way back but these guys are both relatively affordable options with really intriguing upside!!

The Great One

Default Re: Pacioretty for Toffoli and Vatrano

Who would you be in a position to add or drop with the additional spot?
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

The Great One

Well thats what i mean I have Maroon Hartman, Jarnkrok, Lehkonen- maybe even Heed or Djoos all on my active roster so Vatrano pushes one of them down to the farm as an injury reserve...

The Great One

the waiver wire isnt open yet and when it is its bone dry. Ive already got about 5 spots Ill need to fill with very very obscure players...

Dobber Sports Titan

I think you can get a better return for Patches. Toffoli is a name and shots right now, that's about it.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)