Thread: Hanafin

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Hanafin

What does everyone think of Hanafin? What’s his upside? Prediction for next season?

I’ve been debating moving him in a straight points salary pool but am wondering if I am being too hard on him... He is only 22 and already has 319gp. Three straight seasons in the 29-33 range. His TOI is now over the 20min mark but he managed just 116SOG (had 165sog in CAR previous season).

Is there another level for Hanafin or is he just going to be a solid 2way D that does 30-35pts yearly with maybe one small 40pt season as a career year? I know many players take a year to adjust to a new system, could he bust out next year in CGY with all their highflying forwards?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Hanafin

I think he could definitely see an uptick, but it will have to come this year. Gio will take a step back, while Valimaki, Kylington, Andersson, etc all will need space soon too. If he can claim a PP spot this coming year, and notch over 35 points, it's his for a while. If not, then he'll be stuck in that second pair role and 30 points.
    He has the potential to go over 40 points, and there are definitely worse guys to bet on, but I still have this feeling that the window just won't be there for him at the right time.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Do we think he fits as a PP. d man? I always see him as a top guy who could play PP but you’d rather give him harder minutes but that could just be me lol
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

The Great One

i see him like a Gardiner- more than competent enough on the PP but not necessarily a Klingberg or a Krug where youd insist on running the pp through him...

Dobber Sports Deity

I see him as a solid offensive Dman in the future. I don't think he's a 60pt type of Dman, but he should be able to put up 40-50pts most seasons down the road. That makes him a viable offensive Dman in points only formats, if the cap hit he will eventually get, is reasonable.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Just to put some parameters on my comment... 12tm - start 6D... I would want Hanifin as my #5Dman. No higher. He's a really nice complimentary Dman that should get you 40pts. I don't think he ever reaches Pietrangelo production levels of pushing 50pts on an annual basis. He's just not a dynamic offensive Dman. Solid offensively yes, dyanmic - no. One or more of those young kids in Cgy are going to blow by him for PP1 time when Gio retires
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Just to put some parameters on my comment... 12tm - start 6D... I would want Hanifin as my #5Dman. No higher. He's a really nice complimentary Dman that should get you 40pts. I don't think he ever reaches Pietrangelo production levels of pushing 50pts on an annual basis. He's just not a dynamic offensive Dman. Solid offensively yes, dyanmic - no. One or more of those young kids in Cgy are going to blow by him for PP1 time when Gio retires
    I was going to type my comments, but there are so similar to these that I won't bother.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98