Thread: M.Tkachuk vs E.Kane

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default M.Tkachuk vs E.Kane

Hey all! me again, you're all so helpful so take my constant posts as a sign that you're all awesome.

I've been offered a trade involving Kane for Tkachuk, at first I was pretty against it... Tkachuk in my leauge was 36th best player, while Kane 37th. As Tkachuk is so young I feel it's better to keep him...

But what are your thoughts? I could try an get a prospect for him, someone like Robert Thomas or Adam Fox... might have to throw a pick on my end also for someone like Fox.
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: M.Tkachuk vs E.Kane

These dudes really do offer great input. My opinion, I'd stick with Tkachuk. Kane is a good player but personally, I think Tkachuk surpasses him in the not too distant future. Perhaps it all depends on your setup, and I'm not knowledgeable enough to dive into that, but points-wise, I think MT is your guy.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'd keep Tkachuk. Even though there's a solid chance Kane's role will be increasing next season with all of the Sharks likely changes, he's ultimately 6 years older than Tkachuk. Plus we have no idea if we've seen the best of Matt yet. It's possible, but he's still young and was very impressive this season.

Now if you can add Thomas to the deal, that may change things.
    12 Team Keeper League, 28 Player Roster

G, A, PTS, +/-, PPG, SHG, GWG, PPA, HT, GHHT
    W, GA, SV, SHO

C: Barkov, Barzal, Dubois, Point
    LW: Fiala, Guentzel, Huberdeau, Svechnikov
    RW: Ehlers, Kyrou,​S. Reinhart, Tomasino
    D: Bouchard, Ekblad, Makar, R. Merkley, Rielly, Theodore
    Bench: K. Johnson, Harley
    Minors: Johnston, McTavish, Clarke
    G: Saros, Thompson

Dobber Sports Icon

The only difference between these guys right now is age. So I'd be leaning towards keeping Tkachuk. If the other owner wants him that badly, he needs to throw in a solid prospect like you mentioned or a good pick. That would be the only incentive for you to do the deal. You shouldn't have to add anything going back the other way.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Matt Tkachuk for me.
    Evander Kane has a nice big contract... and he gets complacent after a while with one team.
    He's ready for slacker-mode for the next 5 years of his life. Rake the paychecks and post on instagram.

Dobber Sports Deity

If they are that close in ranking in your league, I'd just keep the younger Tkachuk.

Personally I cant stand either guy and pretty much refuse to own either in my leagues due to this. Not often I let my heart overrule my head but for some reason with these two, it does.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Axe is right - if they are already pretty similar then age wins out
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Jedi

without PIM - and then it's close, The only cat EK comes out ahead is hits... I'll take Tkachuk here. he'll outpoint kane every year.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

Tkachuk > Kane

Younger and less risk/injuries/baggage

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Big Daddy

Tkachuk sweep.