Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: [RE-SIGNED] NYI Brock Nelson - 6 years, 36 Million

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: [RE-SIGNED] NYI Brock Nelson - 6 years, 36 Million

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    how much was Trotz vs. how much was sophomore slump? If Nelson only improves to 62pts... maybe he doesn't reach that 25% threshold. but he still becomes valuable in keeper leagues.
    he was much more consistent last year... there's lots to build upon for next season.

He also only had 35 under Weight last year - that was when Barzal went over 80. Not sure the coach makes much difference when comparing two seasons b2b.

Or the fact that he didn't have Tavares taking on the opponents top defensive lines anymore?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Or the fact that he didn't have Tavares taking on the opponents top defensive lines anymore?
    Yes, definitely that too. I was hesitant to mention 'the snake' cuz well.... fresh wounds... and stuff... you know.

Maybe Isles fans should just start referring to JT as "He who must not be named" and we can all move on with our lives.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

There's also factors like chemistry, momentum and pure randomness heavily influencing the outcome.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

Yes, definitely that too. I was hesitant to mention 'the snake' cuz well.... fresh wounds... and stuff... you know.

Maybe Isles fans should just start referring to JT as "He who shall not be named" and we can all move on with our lives.
    maybe worry about your leafs getting out of round 1 and less about what some isles fans choose to call JT

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    maybe worry about your leafs getting out of round 1 and less about what some isles fans choose to call JT
    I've come to the realization that no matter how much I bitch, how much I complain or how many suggestions I make... nor how many sites I post all the aforementioned on - does it seem to make a lick of difference to Dubas, the make up of the team or 1st round results.

Seeing as He who must not be named is more of a fan related topic/issue - amongst well, fans. I feel like I might have some influence, even if it is only in the the smallest of circles. Which makes me convinced I should begin this newfound crusade to bring influence to the title "He who must not be named" -- wherever I post ...

Dobber Sports Master

I've come to the realization that no matter how much I bitch, how much I complain or how many suggestions I make... nor how many sites I post all the aforementioned on - does it seem to make a lick of difference to Dubas, the make up of the team or 1st round results.

Seeing as He who must not be named is more of a fan related topic/issue - amongst well, fans. I feel like I might have some influence, even if it is only in the the smallest of circles. Which makes me convinced I should begin this newfound crusade to bring influence to the title "He who must not be named" -- wherever I post ...
    not to turn this into a woe is me , but Tavares leaving the isles was a massive blow to the franchise / fanbase . I dont think some people realize how much a kick in the nuts this was ...yeah yeah , sure he had every right to leave but he had several fans , myself included thinking that he was going to be an islander for life up until some of us saw some cracks in the way he delivered the message . Prior to 17/18 season he was so in tune with what was going on with the team from arena issue / prospects development . He stuck up for the franchise when he sensed an interviewer was taking a sarcastic tone . idk if it was Brady or Walker(fan590) that interviewed him in offseason 2016 but they asked him flat out ''what would you say to leaf fans that would like to see you become a leaf in 2019'' . His response was ''I wouldnt count on it'' . When Brady or Walker asked him about barclays ice quality he said the air canada center ice was the worst ice he skated on in 2016-17. So if your an islander fan that kinda makes you feel pretty good about his lack of interest level in playing for leafs . There was also another interview regarding asking his opinion on Stamkos and how he handled his UFA year - JT said something along the lines that he wouldnt want it to be a distraction - so , many fans took that as when the time comes he'd want to sign his extension before 17/18 season started to avoid the distraction .

2017/18 , different JT . He delivered similar messages all season like ''I never thought of playing anywhere else'' but I could sorta tell it wasnt as genuine as before . his body language at the belmont arena announcement ceremony said get me the hell out of here so I personally started to see cracks in the relationship . I've heard some rumours floating around that Snow wanted to trade him at the 2017 draft and at the 2018 trade deadline but ownership asked him not to . thats when majority owner malkin started flying out to LA to meet with Brisson to try and get things done . So if Snow sensed that JT wasnt going to stay long term and could have dealt him then the current owners have nobody to blame but themselves for not trusting their GM's gut feeling .

anyways , the whole situation kinda made me sour on pro sports in general . funny thing that might be hard to believe. I find that when the leafs are the underdogs a little part of me roots for them to get their shit together . when they had some heart and soul teams (early Gilmour era/ P. Burns coach) they were actually easy to root for because they were a lunch bucket crew that left it all on the ice .Anyways , I havent said much about the JT situation on this particular board . I just thought I'd share that the guy had most isles fans convinced he was a lifer so if you wonder why the reception at NVMC was harsh or why he's called a few salty niknames on social media / fan boards I think its their right to vent . Not all fans saw the cracks ......so they drank the lifer kool-aid

Dobber Sports Jedi

not to turn this into a woe is me , but Tavares leaving the isles was a massive blow to the franchise / fanbase . I dont think some people realize how much a kick in the nuts this was ...yeah yeah , sure he had every right to leave but he had several fans , myself included thinking that he was going to be an islander for life up until some of us saw some cracks in the way he delivered the message . Prior to 17/18 season he was so in tune with what was going on with the team from arena issue / prospects development . He stuck up for the franchise when he sensed an interviewer was taking a sarcastic tone . idk if it was Brady or Walker(fan590) that interviewed him in offseason 2016 but they asked him flat out ''what would you say to leaf fans that would like to see you become a leaf in 2019'' . His response was ''I wouldnt count on it'' . When Brady or Walker asked him about barclays ice quality he said the air canada center ice was the worst ice he skated on in 2016-17. So if your an islander fan that kinda makes you feel pretty good about his lack of interest level in playing for leafs . There was also another interview regarding asking his opinion on Stamkos and how he handled his UFA year - JT said something along the lines that he wouldnt want it to be a distraction - so , many fans took that as when the time comes he'd want to sign his extension before 17/18 season started to avoid the distraction .

2017/18 , different JT . He delivered similar messages all season like ''I never thought of playing anywhere else'' but I could sorta tell it wasnt as genuine as before . his body language at the belmont arena announcement ceremony said get me the hell out of here so I personally started to see cracks in the relationship . I've heard some rumours floating around that Snow wanted to trade him at the 2017 draft and at the 2018 trade deadline but ownership asked him not to . thats when majority owner malkin started flying out to LA to meet with Brisson to try and get things done . So if Snow sensed that JT wasnt going to stay long term and could have dealt him then the current owners have nobody to blame but themselves for not trusting their GM's gut feeling .

anyways , the whole situation kinda made me sour on pro sports in general . funny thing that might be hard to believe. I find that when the leafs are the underdogs a little part of me roots for them to get their shit together . when they had some heart and soul teams (early Gilmour era/ P. Burns coach) they were actually easy to root for because they were a lunch bucket crew that left it all on the ice .Anyways , I havent said much about the JT situation on this particular board . I just thought I'd share that the guy had most isles fans convinced he was a lifer so if you wonder why the reception at NVMC was harsh or why he's called a few salty niknames on social media / fan boards I think its their right to vent . Not all fans saw the cracks ......so they drank the lifer kool-aid
    Oh, I get it. I have a buddy who mirrors pretty much your feelings to a tee. So much so, that one would think you're the same person. Unlikely, but maybe twins. I wouldn't be surprised if he bought rubber snakes to throw at his tv when He who must not be named - made his return to Long Island. I just thought using He who must not be named would help take some of the vitriol out of the hatred that exudes when he's referred to as Snake or PJ Boy.

Least we forget He who must not be named - in Harry Potter spoke parseltongue & could turn himself into a snake.. so it really fits on so many levels

The Great One

pump the brakes on some of your predictions

lee's probably 7 m x 6 , no idea if lehners even going to resign but if he does its probably in the bishop range of 5x5
    I'm hearing that Lee has re-signed with the Islanders...no terms yet, but I'm sticking to my 8 million a year prediction.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I'm hearing that Lee has re-signed with the Islanders...no terms yet, but I'm sticking to my 8 million a year prediction.
    http://kuklaskorner.com/hockey/comme...medium=twitter
    7x7

The Great One

Sounds like 7x7 for Lee...that's a lot of money and term. Oh well.

The Islanders got shut out on Panarin and Bob, so they had to spend the money somewhere.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Demi-God

That will probably end up a bit steep come 5th/6th/7th years... but it is right in the wheelhouse I had (knowing market-trend)... which was expecting an offer of $7.5m x 7yr.

The league-wide trend we're seeing is that ANYBODY with 2nd line+ value (or POTENTIAL) is going to get (over)paid.
    And anybody with 4th line value is signing at the league minimum ($700k) today.
    Some established bonafide 3rd liners, ex. Hagelin or Panik, are still getting some mid-level cash from some teams, like the Caps.

Sucks to be a bonafide 4th liner this summer.
    "Here's your $700k".

These multi-million signers better treat these grinders to lunch some off-days.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Sucks to be a bonafide 4th liner this summer.
    "Here's your $700k".
    Brandon Tanev disagrees with the above

Dobber Sports Demi-God

^Ha, nice. Well played!!!