Thread: Blackwood

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Blackwood

Hey guys,

Looking to get opinions on Blackwood moving forward in the NHL. Bright future or?
    10 Teams
    Keeper max 18 of 23 + 5 minors
    NHL Cap Hit
    G, A, SOG, HITS, BLKS, STP, FOW, Takeaways
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

C
    Eichel, Beniers, Trocheck, Fantilli, Staal, Glendening, Mittlestadt, Bjugstad

W
    B. Tkachuk, Pastrnak,
    Perfetti, Giroux, Byfield, Reinhart, Svechnikov, Quinn

D
    Lauzon, Schenn, Englund, Hakanpaa, Korchinski

G
    Sorokin, Ersson

Minors
    Wallstedt, Wolf, Jiricek

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Blackwood

I am a devil fan and I hope he will have a bright future however the goalie of the future for the devils seems to change every year. They have decent goalie prospects but one doesn’t seem to be able to lock down the role.

With that he is the one in the position now to succeed especially with Cory not performing up to par. He will be given a lot of chances to prove he can do it so I’d ride him for now
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Pro

Bright for me. I see him replace Schneider in 2-3 years.
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Master

if devils dont sign a ufa to share crease with Schneider I'd imagine he'd see 30 or more starts if they see him as a temp answer

Dobber Sports Deity

I've said for some time, and I still believe, that the NJ crease is Schneiders to lose, not Blackwoods to win. Schneider is making $6M and they aren't going to just let that sit on the bench in a backup role but stranger things have happened. I just don't see it here, at least not for the foreseeable future.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

I think Blackwood will be an average NHL 1A/1B. I don't see him ever being top 10 producer but he could be a mid-range goalie for sure. The future is looking good in NJ and Schneider is not. I would imagine that Schneider's contract dictates he gets the bulk of the starts this year (~around 50 starts) if he stays healthy but I think Blackwood will put up better numbers in ~30 games. I could see Blackwood being the 1A starter by the 20/21. Another bad year from Schneider could mean a buyout or at best a 1B role on the team or a trade to a cap floor team as the Devils become more competitive.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".