Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Building Dynasty From Scratch- looking for Co-comishes, Trade Committe, Treasurer and Active Owners

The Great One

Default Building Dynasty From Scratch- looking for Co-comishes, Trade Committe, Treasurer and Active Owners

Looking at building a new salary cap dynasty league with heavy minor system- Deep Dive Fantasy Hockey League.

The format would be 4 C, 4 RW, 4LW, 5D, 2G, 8 Bn- a farm system that starts at 15 and builds up to 30 plus a SEPARATE junior system compiled of 7 draft picks each year (no limit on the amount of picks you can accrue)- that stay in juniors for 3 years or until promoted. It will therefore be a relatively deep league and Id be looking for active and knowledgable owners. There is a fair bit of maintenance in terms of keeping track of things so I wouldn't mind finding a co-comish (or two) to help run things. Also someomne to run the finances would be a boon as well.

Im in a league similar to this and it has been immensely fun and broadens the scope of players that are interesting exponentially. Cap would be based on actual NHL salaries with a similar cap ceiling (albeit with an added 20-20 million in wiggle room. Actual buy in would be 30-40$.

Im also looking for halfway creative owners as we can use it as a forum to write articles about trades, drafts and league chatter. I tried this last year but we ran out of time- so im starting this extra early this year and going to build things slowly over the summer.

If you have any interest feel free to message me personally or post in here. Cheers!

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Building Dynasty From Scratch- looking for Co-comishes, Trade Committe, Treasurer and Active Owners

how many teams will this league be?

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Building Dynasty From Scratch- looking for Co-comishes, Trade Committe, Treasurer and Active Owners

Send me an email at [email protected]. I was actually thinking of starting another league for next season. My league is going on its 4th year and still going strong. Wouldn’t mind running or co-running a second one

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    how many teams will this league be?
    Aiming for 12. If there was enough interest id be ok with 14 and if we came in a bit short at 10 I could live with that as well...

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Looking at building a new salary cap dynasty league with heavy minor system- Deep Dive Fantasy Hockey League.

The format would be 4 C, 4 RW, 4LW, 5D, 2G, 8 Bn- a farm system that starts at 15 and builds up to 30 plus a SEPARATE junior system compiled of 7 draft picks each year (no limit on the amount of picks you can accrue)- that stay in juniors for 3 years or until promoted. It will therefore be a relatively deep league and Id be looking for active and knowledgable owners. There is a fair bit of maintenance in terms of keeping track of things so I wouldn't mind finding a co-comish (or two) to help run things. Also someomne to run the finances would be a boon as well.

Im in a league similar to this and it has been immensely fun and broadens the scope of players that are interesting exponentially. Cap would be based on actual NHL salaries with a similar cap ceiling (albeit with an added 20-20 million in wiggle room. Actual buy in would be 30-40$.

Im also looking for halfway creative owners as we can use it as a forum to write articles about trades, drafts and league chatter. I tried this last year but we ran out of time- so im starting this extra early this year and going to build things slowly over the summer.

If you have any interest feel free to message me personally or post in here. Cheers!

Interested!
    20 Team Dynasty H2H Multi-Cat league 32 + 12 minor spots - (4 C. 4 RW. 4 LW, 6 D. 1 G) - After 3 year rebuild, competing

C: McDavid, Eichel, Matthews, Dowd, Frost,

LW: Kaprizov, Stutzle, Boldy, Marchenko, Paul, Deslauriers

RW: Marner, Rantanen, Tolvanen, Bemstrom, O'Connor, Gurianov

D: Heiskanen, Boqvist, Provorov, Fabbro, Dillon, Jokiharju, Liljegren, Marino, Mayfield, Moser, Smith

G: Oettinger, Forsberg, Merzlikins, Mrazek

Minors: Beecher, Heponiemi, Kulich, L'Heureux, Bellows, Kaut, Lind, Bichsel, Cuelemans, Mateychuk, Samberg, Ingram

2023 Draft Picks: 41st and 59th overall
    2024 Draft Picks: 1 - 1st round (1-20) and 1 - 3rd round (40-60)

Dobber Sports Rookie

I’ve been wanting to find a salary cap startup dynasty, and yours sounds really cool. Would love to hear more info as you figure it out.
    Send me an email @ [email protected]

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'm looking for a new Salary cap league and this one sounds very fun to start fresh, sent you a PM.
    16 Team H2H: G/A/PIM/Hits/Blks/PPP/STP/FOW/SOG/ SV%/GAA/SO/SA

Centers: Stamkos, Tavares, Schmaltz, Backstrom, Draisaitl, Larkin
    Left Wing: Pacioretty, Forsberg, Drouin, Kovy
    Right Wing: Kucherov, Radulov, Hertl, Bertuzzi, Shore
    Defence: Burns, Byfuglien, Carlson, Weber, Pulock, E. Johnson
    Goalie: Price, Murray

Farm:
    Borgstrom, Veleno, Fox, Saarela, Sikura, Bemstrom, Hirose, Priskie, Veronneau, Steen, Khovonov

Dobber Sports Newbie

Interested!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I am interested as well. Would be cool if this gets to 14 teams
    12 team full keeper dynasty league (H2H Points-Based)

scoring cats:

G, A, P, PPP, SHP, +/-, PIM, SOG, FOW, FOL, Hit, TK, BLK, GWG, GA, SV, SHO, W

C: Barkov, MacKinnon, Zegras, Hughes, Matthews
    LW: Pavelski,Teravainen, Nichushkin,
    RW: Rantanen, Laine, Terry
    F: Kakko, Rakell, Granlund
    D: Jones, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dahlin, Burns, Thrun,
    G: Gibson, F. Andersen, Saros, Hart
    Farm: L. Carlsson, Moore, Miroshnichenko, Mintyukov, Zellweger, Askarov, Fedotov, Clang

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post

I am interested. I commish a salary cap league. I don’t have a ton of free time to help. So I probably won’t do well as a co-commish. But I am sure I can help in other ways(Trade Committee?) and would like to be a team GM.

Contact me at:
    [email protected]

Thanks
    Last edited by 9gretzky9; June 21, 2019 at 8:02 AM. Reason: Forgot something

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

What site will league be hosted on?.

Dobber Sports Newbie

I'm in if there's still room.

Dobber Sports Newbie

Fantrax? I am interested in joining

The Great One

Ok I am rebooting this thread. I had a few question marks but the response to start this league has been fantastic and I'm ready to tackle the initiation phase now.

FIRST- my inbox on here is full and I need access to a computer to deal with that. If you are interested in joining please email me directly at [email protected]. Also if I contacted you on here and haven't gotten a hold of you don't panic. Same issue I'll need a computer which will happen mid week next week but I WILL get back to you. Recruiting is the main priority right now so i will get ahold of you (that being said emailing again doesn't hurt )

SECOND- i am looking for someone who is good with spreadsheets, numbers and diligent with data entry to handle our salary spreadsheets. This is not my forte- I will do it if I have to- but am "shopping" the position. I am committing to comish duties and would like to implement 4-5 annual "articles" chronicling our league exploits and would rather channel my energy that way. That being said the offer would be half your entry fee paid out of the prize pool for maintaining this position. Our annual fee will be 40CAD so the "Capologist" would only need to pay 20 for the position. Duties include creating and maintaing the sheet on a relatively up to date schedule with moves as they occur. The league committee will help with audits at the beginning of the season, all star break and beginning of playoffs- but the expectation is that the page will be relatively up to date. Please let me know if you are "this guy"- lol!

THIRD- I'm looking for unpaid members of the league committee. Hoping there will be 3-5 of us to look at rule interpretations, any league issues, and any proposed vetoes (and to be clear there will not be any unless it is proven collusion). Also members of this committee are more than welcome to propose and post articles as well. I'm hoping this league can be a forum for aspiring or hobby writers and hockey enthusiasts. If you love freelancing articles this position is for you!

FOURTH- If you just want to buy in and play that's cool too! There are basically three expectations. The first is that you are relatively knowledgable. The league will have a 30 man roster, and (by year 5) a 30 man farm team, with an additional "junior team" comprised of between five and forty players. If you're not especially knowledgable and want to use this league as a basis for learning that's more than welcome but the expectation is that you make some effort to orientate yourself with a player pool that goes pretty deep. Second the rules will be structured and explained to promote active ownership. Wether managing your farm promotions, making depth trades, or drafting there is an expectation that you will remain relatively active. This league will be structured with far less traditional waiver activity than your average league which will promote trading. If you are not active on the trade market that too is OK but we're hoping owners will be active enough to reject offers or even take the time to explain why they are standing pat. To clarify: there is no expectation to trade, mingle or socialize- just a hope that responses are at least timely so the other party can explore different trade routes. THIRD- this isn't an expectation but we are actively promoting a little bit of friendly "roleplaying". As I said I'm hoping hobby writers will use this league as a forum for their creativity and to that end wed love owners who are keen to making posts like "Thunder Cats ownership solves defensive depth issues with Chucrun trade"- lol! Faux articles, posting draft picks "in character" and the like will all be healthily encouraged.

I've got some exciting league ideas I'm going to make in subsequent posts on this thread but I wanted to cover that first. I'd like to recruit fun owners with a creative bent to their pooling. Please email my yahoo account if you're interested. More to come!

The Great One

- Buy in 40CAD. In order to trade your 1st in the following year that year must be paid in advance. Later picks can be traded.

- We will have a CBA that lasts for 5 years. Basically everything here is scheduled on a 5 year plan. That doesn't mean the league ends in 5 years- just that rules, and roster limits will be imemebted in that span. We will obviously look at any glaring rule shortcomings before that timeline of they come up.

- Salary cap league. We will remain 40 million floating over the actual NHL cap. We use player cap hits.

- Skater cats will be g, a, p, ppp, sog, pim. I am a big proponent of points as a category as it biases sco ing players which is where I'd like the league to lean. In year 3 we will vote on including fow, hits and blocks. I feel like having two years with streamlined cats lets us stabilize ownership and try out the other more quirky rules and we'll be in a better spot by then to decide if we want to add any extra banger or mash . If we do vote to implement new cats I'd be looking for a 7/10 vote or better and we would implement one category each year as opposed to all at once so we can gradually familiarize ourselves with the cats.

- Goalie cats are w, l, gaa, saves and so. A 6 x 5 goalie split may seem heavy but I'm a firm believer that managing your goalie stable should be a critical part to your team success. Also we might be potentially adding 3 skater cats so I don't think it ends up being that lopsided. Other notes- I'm a big fan of losses as a cat because a) it rewards the winningest goalies which I'm a believer in and b) it adds some risk to streaming strategies which I think is a good thing. I like saves over SV percentage because it rewards workhorse starters which is another thing I'm a believer in. Lastly SO is a divisive cat but I thinka SO is something special and desserves it's own cat of you can pull one out of the hat.

- Active roster is 4 c 4 rw 4 lw 5 d 1 flx skater 2 g 10bench. Daily starts. That's a 30 man roster.

- in year 1 we will draft 15 players to our farm team.this will consist of any player drafted to an NHL team outside of that years entry draft. Each year we will draft 3 more with 3 more player added to our roster max so that in year 5 we will have effectively added 15 roster spots to our farm so our farm teams are 30an squads as well.

- There is a player salary cap that can be demoted from your active roster to your farm without clearing waivers. The number is 2.5 million and increases 0.25 million each year until year 5 at 3.75. n year 5 we will have a vote wether or not to raise that number. Players I er this salary must clear waivers before they can be demoted effectively exposing them to be poached by other players. The idea being you have a farm team of elcs and lower salaried players you can float between rosters while your Marquis salary players would be "locked in" on your active roster.

- We will have a 6 round entry draft each year comprised only of players eligible in the NHL entry draft. You can accrue as many picks as you want in this regard and there is no contract limit. A player can be kept on your junior roster for up to 3 years. After that they must be promoted to your active roster, your farm team or cut. A player can be promoted to your active roster or farm roster at any point but once they do, they are no longer eligible to be on your junior roster.

So that's the outline for cats, roster composition, team compositions and format. I'll add another post with a couple of the more "quirky" rules I wanted to implement...