Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Oilers potential Signings..

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Oilers potential Signings..

If im holland i would be looking to sign Dzingel & B.Connolly , i think those 2 would compliment MC.Jesus beautifully with a decent price tag.. Sign em for 3yrs each at under 3M$ per
    24 Team Dynasty, H2H , NHL Salaries & Cap 94M$.
    3C , 3R , 3L, 4D, 1SKT, 2G , 4B , 5Farm
    G,A,SPT,HT,BLK,SHOTS,FOW... W,SV,SV%,GAA

C: E.Kuznetsov. B.Neilson, B.Hayton
    LW: J.Huberdeau, J.Kyrou, D.Heinen
    RW: J.Virtanen, V.Hinostraza, E.Tolvanen
    D: C.Makar, T.Chabot, M.Dumba, M.Matheson,
    SKT:C.Sissons
    G: B.Bishop, A.Raanta
    B: A.Anisimov, C.Fischer, T.Pitlick, A.Martinez, N.Zaitsev
    Farm: V.Kravtsov, J.Gauthier, R.Lavoie, I.Konovalov, M.Berdin

2021 picks: 2/1'st , 3/2nd's

Administrator

Default Re: Oilers potential Signings..

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/oilers

There's a lot of things Holland could do that would obviously make the team better. I'm just not sure how it all works with $57M already committed to nine players for next year. Over half the roster still to sign...

They have so many needs it's crazy.
    -Two top-six forwards
    -Top-nine forward
    -Top-four D
    -Starting goalie

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sage

Dzingle getting less than 3 million per? I don't think that's a realistic number.

Honestly I don't think free agency is the answer for the oilers. They are more likely to end up wirh another bad contract.

I hope Holland does this rebuild correctly.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Padawan

Dzingle will get a hefty raise. If Holland signed him for 3 million a year, he'd get my vote for GM of the year just off that alone. If Holland can use his skills in the draft, I'd say stay away from trying to overpay for free agents.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Administrator

TBH I think Connolly will get north of $4 million and Dzingel north of $5 million. One or both might be grossly overpaid and turn into the next albatross contract.

Dobber Sports Ace

I Agree that both players may want more , but if Holland can sell them on the "playing with McDavid" hook , for a short term then they could potentially cash out big time on their next UFA , if they click
    24 Team Dynasty, H2H , NHL Salaries & Cap 94M$.
    3C , 3R , 3L, 4D, 1SKT, 2G , 4B , 5Farm
    G,A,SPT,HT,BLK,SHOTS,FOW... W,SV,SV%,GAA

C: E.Kuznetsov. B.Neilson, B.Hayton
    LW: J.Huberdeau, J.Kyrou, D.Heinen
    RW: J.Virtanen, V.Hinostraza, E.Tolvanen
    D: C.Makar, T.Chabot, M.Dumba, M.Matheson,
    SKT:C.Sissons
    G: B.Bishop, A.Raanta
    B: A.Anisimov, C.Fischer, T.Pitlick, A.Martinez, N.Zaitsev
    Farm: V.Kravtsov, J.Gauthier, R.Lavoie, I.Konovalov, M.Berdin

2021 picks: 2/1'st , 3/2nd's

Dobber Sports Veteran

Connolly could be a nice signing and I could see Holland pulling it off but I'm not sure the Oilers should be really be cracking open their wallet this offseason. They may want to focus on plugging holes with bargain players with something to prove and hoping for the best.

Having just obtained a GM and without a coach they're already behind in signing most cheap unsigned players from Europe and the NCAA.
    Joakim Nygård comes to mind as someone they could plug into the lineup immediately. Vladimir Tkachev again maybe, or the other Vladimir Tkachev? I can't remember which one is signed.

Guys who have struggled to carve out their spot in the NHL like Brandon Pirri or Charles Hudon could prove useful given the right opportunity.

They need a partner for Koskinen first and whatever they spend there will determine where to start with the rest of the UFA crop. My guess has been Brian Elliott signs a relatively cheap contract there but I really don't have a grasp on what Holland may do.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by 5hole View Post
    I Agree that both players may want more , but if Holland can sell them on the "playing with McDavid" hook , for a short term then they could potentially cash out big time on their next UFA , if they click
    But how many players have turned down Edmonton knowing McDavid is there? They won't take less than market value just to play with one player.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Administrator

Because the McDavid hook worked on all of the other player they tried up to this point...

Nobody will be taking a discount to go to Edmonton.

Administrator

One name that jumps out as a potential cheap buy to leech onto McDavid: Brandon Pirri.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Guys who have struggled to carve out their spot in the NHL like Brandon Pirri or Charles Hudon could prove useful given the right opportunity.
    You beat me to the Pirri mention.

Dobber Sports Initiate

The problem with that is every single player agent knows the terrible contracts already handed out by Holland and only have to look at the Wings current cap issues to know that Holland signing anyone is going to not only be over-paid, but for too long as well. Holland has zero bargaining power as he himself has set some terrible precedent.

Dobber Sports Deity

Another name that wont cost them much money but could be an interesting player would be someone like Robbie Fabbri, who clearly doesn't have a future in STL. He's still young enough that the upside is there, if he could stay healthy, and wouldn't break the bank as far as a new contract goes. He's a RFA at seasons end and I will be surprised if STL even tenders him an offer.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

One rumour I've seen floating on the West Coast is Lucic & a good pick/prospect for maybe nothing basically.

Edm. paying to make Lucic go away and it has leaked Lucic is now willing and wanting to play in his hometown Van market.

That pick/prospect would be substantial though.

It would give Holland 6-7m in flexibility to perhaps sign a Dzingel and address a second need
    It would mean Van is doing what they should have started doing 3yrs ago - taking on bad contracts to obtain extra assets and assisting the rebuild.
    What a 4th line Van would have -

Lucic - Sutter - Ericksson
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

Taking on Lucic is a bad idea, even if a 1st is coming with him. He has FOUR more years left. So you acquire Lucic and the pick, then the team gets better and... you still have $6M in dead payroll for two years.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think Van has drafted well enough to allow them to stay away from bad contracts. They've got enough right now. I honestly have no idea who would take a chance on him.