Thread: Drop Sikura and Ho Sang?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Drop Sikura and Ho Sang?

Folks, this upcoming season, I am looking to roster more fulltime players while still focusing on the future. I've decided that I am going to drop both Ho Sang and Sikura, and replace them with Greenway (who I need to call up anyway, ) and either a waiver player, I'll post the ones I'm looking at, or Borgstrom. I know my roster isn't the best but out of all of them, is it fair to say JHS and DS are the likely ones that won't be getting much playing time next season? Any other players you'd drop before those two?

Waiver players I'm watching:

Ilya Mikheyev
    ALEXANDRE TEXIER (CBJ)
    Barre-Boulet (TBL)
    Emil Bemstrom (CBJ)
    Yegor Korshkov (TOR)
    Max Veronneau (OTT)
    Anton Wedin (CHI)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Drop Sikura and Ho Sang?

Texier
    Sikura

everyone else

I love Sikura's game. Caught my eye in his final year in junior. Some guys just need a little more time to adjust. I can live with the Ho-Sang drop, but not Sikura.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Can you wait until fall to make your decision? I'm not particularly high on Ho-Sang but he's lost his waiver-exempt status. He could be moved this summer and showing up to a new team with a good attitude could be all he needs to start an actual NHL career.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Stuntman and Dennis both make great points. Both Sikura and Ho-sang have taken hits to their value but very capable of rebounds. It’s really a pivotal season for both to take the next step and solidify themselves in the Show. Now you need to bring up Greenway and maybe Borgstrom who I believe are both several tiers higher than Sik and Ho. Greenway I’ve followed closely and think he needs time like most big men and he’ll get that in the changing landscape of the Wild. He’s not nearly as physical as I’d like but his skating is fantastic for a guy his size. Borgy is in a logjam situation but the talent will find a way through. Both have done what Sik and Ho hope to do this year. I could see arguments for players like Tex,ABB, and Bem over Sik and Ho but not Greenway or Borgy. Another thing to keep in mind is I don’t ever see Greenway clearing 60+. A few of the waiver guys have higher ceilings but a lot more risk.
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey

Dobber Sports Padawan

I can wait until the fall as our waiver and rookie draft are in October. I also considered dropping Bennett but for some reason, I love his game too much to drop him. Even in a points only league where he has very little value right now.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

The Great One

I just recently had an offer in place around bemstrom and picks for Sikura but I pulled it based on some digging I did. ill try to find the thread and post the link but there was some really unflattering stuff about Sikuras development from the coaching staff in Chi-town. Ill find the link so i dont miaquote it but basically talking about how they are starting to re-define their exopectations on him. meanwhile the hype train on Emil is just getting started: https://dobberprospects.com/prospect...ring-signings/ https://dobberprospects.com/shl-report-2018-19-wrap-up/

Realistically Id wait. Sikura is so close and if he can figure it out- a place in that top six would pay huge dividends. I think Bemstrom might be another year away still- so ideally you could hold Sikura- see how his training camp and early season fares and if he doesnt round into form make the swap later. Texier for Ho Sang is probably reasonable but Im higher on Ho Sang than most- so I think its more of a lateral move.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Ilya Mikheyev - I would wait to see what happens in Tor. this summer, ice time right now will be hard to come by. Is he better than Kapanen, Johnsson, Brown - who round out the top 9?
    ALEXANDRE TEXIER (CBJ) -- Grab him - and drop Ho-Sang
    Barre-Boulet (TBL) - keep watching, TB's depth doesn't give him a place in 19/20 - unless they move him
    Emil Bemstrom (CBJ) - would be very tempted to swap him for Sikura
    Yegor Korshkov (TOR) - be interested to see him in camp. Similar to Mikheyev, he'll be fighting for ice time. Expect a full year in the AHL where he can finally get top 6 ice time. Maybe 2 years
    Max Veronneau (OTT) - keep watching.
    Anton Wedin (CHI) - keep watching

With my suggestion of Bemstrom - Sikura... it comes down to this - do you want help now?
    Sikura could be a full timer with the Hawks this season

or do you want a player who could have more impact in 2-3 years.
    I prefer Bemstrom long term.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Ilya Mikheyev - I would wait to see what happens in Tor. this summer, ice time right now will be hard to come by. Is he better than Kapanen, Johnsson, Brown - who round out the top 9?
    ALEXANDRE TEXIER (CBJ) -- Grab him - and drop Ho-Sang
    Barre-Boulet (TBL) - keep watching, TB's depth doesn't give him a place in 19/20 - unless they move him
    Emil Bemstrom (CBJ) - would be very tempted to swap him for Sikura
    Yegor Korshkov (TOR) - be interested to see him in camp. Similar to Mikheyev, he'll be fighting for ice time. Expect a full year in the AHL where he can finally get top 6 ice time. Maybe 2 years
    Max Veronneau (OTT) - keep watching.
    Anton Wedin (CHI) - keep watching

With my suggestion of Bemstrom - Sikura... it comes down to this - do you want help now?
    Sikura could be a full timer with the Hawks this season

or do you want a player who could have more impact in 2-3 years.
    I prefer Bemstrom long term.
    Looking 2-3 years from now. How would you feel about me subbing out Sikura and dropping Bennett for Bemstrom and Ho Sang for Texier? Or, looking at my roster, who'd be your two candidates to drop?

The Great One

Issue we have with all young players is we expect them to hit the ground running - Texiee, Sikura, Ho sang would interest me the most - Barre Boulet I like but there has to be a point where a prospect in Tampa misses
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Issue we have with all young players is we expect them to hit the ground running - Texiee, Sikura, Ho sang would interest me the most - Barre Boulet I like but there has to be a point where a prospect in Tampa misses
    that time is coming...just won't be with ABB....
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Possibly not but there is only so much ice time - I even like Martel and he can’t even buy a game
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Padawan

What about Dropping Bennett and Jankowski vice Ho Sang and Sikura? Jankow more than likely never amounts to more than just a 3rd liner in Calgary and same could be said for Bennett. Thanks again everyone for your input.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I also think ABB is a player that won't fetch much attention in my pool come October, as everyone mostly focuses on brand name prospects like Zadina or Necas type names. I may be able to wait until either our December waiver draft or the deadline draft in February.

The Great One

Given you are thinking ahead for 2 to 3 years (which makes sense, given where you are), I agree with others that it makes the most sense to wait and see how things are shaping up during training camp. Just curious - what draft picks do you have this year and next?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Given you are thinking ahead for 2 to 3 years (which makes sense, given where you are), I agree with others that it makes the most sense to wait and see how things are shaping up during training camp. Just curious - what draft picks do you have this year and next?
    I've got two 1sts ( right now sitting 4 and 5 OA, but our draft hasn't happened yet,) and potentially the 21st overall pick. Next year, I have my 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th. I've also got the 4th OA waiver pick this October.