Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 3 of Benn, PLD, Karlsson, Buff, Risto, Meier, Atkinson, Weber

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: 3 of Benn, PLD, Karlsson, Buff, Risto, Meier, Atkinson, Weber

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    I do that deal 10 times out of 10. I then keep Malkin and Buff
    I'm a little stunned how little love Buff is getting in this thread in Roto with PIMs BUff is a Beast. Malkin has surprisingly good PIM totals as well. Finally, Malkin in head-to-head is a disaster in roto he is rather valuable.
    80 games played
    69 games played
    42 games played

I think it's really about a 34 year old 260 pounder trending the wrong way with injuries and games played for the last three seasons.

No doubt he'll be productive when he's in the lineup next season but the more time he misses the more likely it is one of the young studs steals his role. So that and also the op is already keeping an elite d man in a keep 5 were my reasons for bypassing Buf.

By the end of next season you could be totally right in that if he plays 82 games and remains on pp1 then he will very likely have been the right choice. In a keep 5 I just prefer more top end certainty.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: 3 of Benn, PLD, Karlsson, Buff, Risto, Meier, Atkinson, Weber

Byfuglien is a 34-year old fat man trying to play pro sports. Its going to be ugly when he hits the wall. Coming soon to a theater near you.
    Malkin will miss the fantasy playoffs for you, does that add or decrease value?
    You will be lucky to get 60 games a season out of either one. Make sure you have something better than a replacement-level slapdick on your bench if you own them.