Thread: Some Names...

The Great One

Default Some Names...

Im not good at this so polling the dobber genius collective- lol!

I think next year is my "for real" problem year on this squad but would love to get some feedback on what these handful of impending contracts might look like. Team and league in sig. Pacioretty and Mierzlikins are signed and barring something big will be on my roster for 7 and 1.85 respectively. Im guessing im mostly ok with the next couple raises as long as i bury Kovalchuk in the minors. I might have to get creative with pacioretty too though.

EK- Currently 6.5- Im hearing 9- I can live with that. Any chance he gets that stupid superman contract at 11-12?? Gawd i hope not...
    Maroon- Im going to hope 2 with term after his heroics- too optimistic?
    Lehkonen- No clue. Bridge contract 3.5 without term?
    Mrazek-hearing 4 X 4ish- which would be money in said bank

Am I close on these???

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Some Names...

I think you're low on all but Lehkonen. Karlsson will get 11, Maroon will be 3-3.5, Lehkonen will be in the 2 range, and Mrazek I expect about 4.5 (close on him).
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

EB is much more knowledegable - he has a system, but here's my thoughts.

I think Maroon may depend on how far the Blues go. I see him being very likely to stay there, and that seems like a below-market kind of contract then. I can see 3 with term, maybe a bit less, maybe a bit more, but not much.

I don't see Lehkonen signing a 1 year deal, period - that's what I take "without term" to mean. It would be super dumb on the Canadiens part, and as dumb as Bergevin has been at times, setting a solid middle six forward who is only 23 up to be a free agent again that soon is a bit beyond what he's done. I am hoping Lehkonen comes in at 2 or lower, so he remains useful in my cap dynasty league, as opposed to a guy to just hope on.

Karlsson I don't think gets quite as much after this year, but but he's getting double digits.

Mrazek I think you're close on, just who knows where.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Icon

I think Karlsson will get Doughty range money. (I have him in a cap league too and I'm contemplating moving him - had Doughty until recently too but had to move him for obvious reasons. Managed to get Josi so pretty happy there)

Maroon- Someone will be dumb and sign him to $4 or even $5+ for like 4 or 5 years
    Lehkonen- I don't know either, maybe he goes to the K?
    Mrazek- $4-5M sounds about right, 3-4 yrs.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I hope Bergevin will manage to sign Lehkonen to something similar as Nick Ritchie did a couple of months ago. 1.5-2 for 2-3 years

Karlsson could depends on where he signs. He will have more money left after taxes with $9.0M in Tampa than $12M in Ottawa/Montreal per example.