Thread: Thinking of offering...

The Great One

Default Thinking of offering...

Pacioretty Hartman golyshev and a 5th (14 team league)
    For
    Maantha danault and gusev

Team in sig- thoughts?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Thinking of offering...

Mantha/Danault/Gusev by a mile. If I am the other owner it is a non-starter for me.

Dobber Sports Deity

Ya, I am not sure what part of your offer you think is enticing and would tempt them to bite on this.

I always say, give it a go. The worst case scenario is he will decline but I assume he will chuckle before hitting that button.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

take patches & mantha out of the offer... (as one could argue that could go down 1-1 with the right owners involved)

and it's
    hartman, golyshev, 5th
    for
    danault & Gusev

(who has Dadanov/Panarin level expectations on him from a lot of fantasy hockey owners - realistic or not. That's where they lie).
    You need to bring up this offer significantly on Golyshev to get him to blink
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

What about Pacioretty Hartman and the 5th forantha and danault?

Dobber Sports Jedi

I think you're closer... it really comes down to how the OGM values Patches & Mantha.

I just noticed this is a cap league. that changes things. You'll need to add a big sweetener to get Mantha with 1yr left at 3.3 for a 7.5m Patches

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I think you're closer... it really comes down to how the OGM values Patches & Mantha.

I just noticed this is a cap league. that changes things. You'll need to add a big sweetener to get Mantha with 1yr left at 3.3 for a 7.5m Patches
    Just a heads up, Patches is a 7M AAV.
    I agree with the above though, nowhere close to value. In a cap league I'm asking for Gusev on top of Patches to give up Mantha.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Genius

I own Mantha in a similar cap league. I would not accept Pacioretty, Hartman, Golyshev and junk pick for Mantha straight up. Sorry to break it to you Emu.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

The Great One

Alrighty thanks guys- I guess I'm tethered to patches- lol! Maybe his playoff performance is a good omen for next season at least...

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Alrighty thanks guys- I guess I'm tethered to patches- lol! Maybe his playoff performance is a good omen for next season at least...
    maybe if you included Bemstrom or something like that with Patches as an incentive to take on the 4m in salary... or bump the 5th to a 2nd or something like that. the OGM needs a reason to give up a younger player with similar or higher upside.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

My intent isn’t to bash anyone but to explain why this is an absolute no go for me.
    *deeep breath*

Gusev - He should in theory never be moved from a roster until the season starts unless you pay up the nose for him. It’s not even an overhyped thing... a 26 year old at 650,000k (with proven stats) is just to good to just throw into a deal blindly. The owner is just better off keeping Gusev in their roster. All speculations but a very good one for now.

Mantha - Has been red hot recently, and now with Nyquist out of the picture and Detroit looking more and more promising offensively, his value in a cap league just skyrocketed. Not only that but we get to enjoy his production next year at only 3M and then he becomes an RFA. He and Larkin are now officially married so that is just super duper for Mantha

Dannault isn’t a jaw dropper but until Montreal can find a solid enough Center or grow one out of Korkaniemi, he’s basically the #1 Centre for now.

Patch is getting old but I’m one of the few who still thinks he can put up 30goals a season still. The problem is his other cats are trending downwards. Shots, assists, time on ice,+/-, etc.. at 7M a year and assuming he league has buyout penalties unless you have 25 teams, I think he should end up in everyone’s free agency list soon enough. The one thing he does have going for him is his LW position eligibility. It’s very hard to find a good cheap LW these days. (Aka Gusev)

Golishev still hasn’t inked anything yet so he hold little to no value.

Hartman is up for renewal also so normally nobody likes to gamble with that sort of situation without some reassurance coming their way. The draft pick is way to far down to even matter but some guys over value those so why not.

(Gusev @ 650K) vs (Pacioretty @ 7M)
    Both playing for VGK, both LW.

Golishev = Worth as much as Shipachev imo
    Vs
    Mantha = 250sog, sorta breaking out atm, leading team canada, assured to be on Detroit’s top PP

Hartman vs Dannault = I personally hate anything from Montreal so I’d be happy to give dannault for Hartman, seems fair.

TL;DR - The window to acquire both Gusev and Mantha are now shut. Should of got Gusev before he signed and Mantha during his slump in the mid season. You’re gonna end up paying way to much for either of them right now. I sold Gusev before he signed and I’m kicking my self right now but I did get Mantha for practically nothing so it balances out

Cheers!