Thread: Bemmstrom and picks for sikura?

The Great One

Default Bemmstrom and picks for sikura?

The picks are 6 and 7 rounders next year (14 team league). I'm targetting sikura cause I feel like he's closer. With maf and Andersen as my workhorses and contracts blowing up I feel like I realistically have a 1-2 year window and sikura on the topline probably helps sooner than bemmy who will need to aalcclimate. Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Bemmstrom and picks for sikura?

It's reasonable, but are basically trying to guess development timeframes, which can be iffy; while also predicting offseason transactions that change outlooks of players not in the deals, which can be maddening.

Think you can wait until after free agency goes nuts at least?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sage

IMO Sikura will not be more than a 3rd line player and that is questionable. I have never targeted him as a prospect and prefer Bemmstrom's upside. If you want a Blackhawk, Kahun is the better player.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Veteran

I have to agree with Daydream. I wish very high on Sikura coming into last season but I've soured on him quite a lot. He looked out of place every time I watched him this past season, he looks like he's lost much of the patience and confidence that helped him excel at college.

I'd stick the Bemmstrom and the picks if I were you and if you need a cheap fill-in who may produce a bit this year and/or next you're probably better off snapping up a free agent. Some of this year's NCAA crop like Max Veronneau or Blake Lizotte may get chances with weak Ottawa and LA teams or you could look to under-appreciated AHLers who make earn a call-up in the near like Francis Perron or Otto Koivula.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'd also stick with Bemmstrom here. If you're 'win now' window is open - you need an assured NHL prospect coming in. No guarantees Sikura starts or makes Chi out of camp.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

The problem with many college guys is they're already older than most prospects so their window to strike is smaller. Sikura was a major flop. Of course he can bounce back but how many more good chances does he have?

Also, the bigger issue here... if you're looking for a win-now player then why are you looking at Sikura? He's supposed to be a scorer yet he has as many career goals as Victor Mete. Look elsewhere if you want a prospect to help your team now.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

Ok thanks guys. I actually got sikura for free much the same way targetting verroneau etc last year so paying a premium to trade back for him (after I sold low) isn't enticing. That being said I thought he was looking much better and had basically worked his way into a spot with kane? Thanks for the heads up-to-date was basically at the trigger pulling phase...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

There was an article on Sikura from Scott Powers (The Athletic) a few months back but I can,t find it. Basically, both Sikura and CHI management were planning for him to jump straight into a top 6 spot but he never was able to perform as he did in the AHL and he lost confidence. He looked very aware of his own shortcomings and ready to work on them.
    I'm not as disappointed as others here, I could envision a 1 for 1 swap but I dont know if you really want to add picks. I feel he could have a higher ceiling than Bemstrom but there's more risks attached.

It's not the article I was looking, but here's what Mark Lazerus and Scott Powers had to say at the end of the season on Sikura (they graded very roster player of CHI): https://theathletic.com/930510/2019/...h-this-season/
    ML: It’s probably safe to say that Sikura will never be the high-scoring winger the Blackhawks hoped he would be. Thirty-eight NHL games without a goal isn’t exactly a fluke, and he’ll be 24 this summer, so he’s hardly a project at this point. That said, Sikura returned from Rockford in February a vastly improved player, a guy capable of creating offense in a top-nine (even a top-line) role, and a possession monster (55.42 percent Corsi; Saad was second at 52.69). He might never be a 30-goal scorer, but he clearly can be useful. The ceiling might not be as high as we once thought, but the floor is good, and appears to be stable. Final grade: C-plus.
    SP: The offensive numbers won’t say this, but Sikura took some major steps in his development this season. He does need to score some goals at some point, but he proved late in the season he can influence a game defensively. Only Kampf was on the ice for fewer goals against per 60 minutes. Sikura played some major minutes during an important stretch too. He’s shown he can score and produce in the AHL, and the Blackhawks have to be hopeful he can do that in the NHL next season. He’s another player who can play up and down a lineup. Final grade: B.
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith

The Great One

Thanks guys- I pulled the plug. The last comment was especially telling. Can't seem to give karma on my phone but will hit you up when I get to a computer...

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Thanks guys- I pulled the plug. The last comment was especially telling. Can't seem to give karma on my phone but will hit you up when I get to a computer...
    As a Hawks fan, I hope it turns out to be a good trade for you. From what I have seen from Sikura, I am not optimistic that he'll be a top 6 forward. And I also read the Hawks beat writers on the Athletic. Lazerus is the same guy that gave Seabrook a C- for the season. Let's just say I don't put a lot of stock in his assessments.
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

The Great One

Sorry need to clarify- pulled the "plug"- not the trigger- lol! I walked away based on the input here. I had high hopes too but that commentary from inside the organization seems especially damning. Could be wrong but gonna gamble on bemmstrom instead ( who gets better by each article I read btw)

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Sorry need to clarify- pulled the "plug"- not the trigger- lol! I walked away based on the input here. I had high hopes too but that commentary from inside the organization seems especially damning. Could be wrong but gonna gamble on bemmstrom instead ( who gets better by each article I read btw)
    Gotcha. I think you made a wise decision.