Thread: Do i need to upgrade my Goalies ?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Do i need to upgrade my Goalies ?

Im just wondering everyone's thoughts on my team. Its a 12 team Dynasty League keep all players. I have the 3rd overall and the 11th overall draft picks coming up i will probably take 1 of 3 guys Branstrom,Batherson,Gusev with the 1st pick really would like to upgrade goalie replacing Desmith not sure if i have enough skaters to do it without hurting my overall team wondering what others think thanks as always

Cats are
    GP,GA,+/-,PIM,SOG,PPP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    Players
    C Danault ,J Staal,Jenner,Petterson,E Staal
    LW
    Connor, ,Ehlers,Schwartz, Domi
    RW
    Laine,Nyquist,Oshie
    D Ellis,
    Rielly, Spurgeon,Klingberg
    G
    Bishop,Greiss,DeSmith
    Minors
    Mittelstadt,Montour,Borgstrom,Zadina,Thatcher,Oettinger

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Do i need to upgrade my Goalies ?

hopefully you get an answer on Lehner before your draft. If he re-signs, then definitely I want an upgrade in net. You should be looking for one anyway.. once the game of musical creases ends this summer - you'll have a clearer picture on starting G's available & potential for value trades.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

I have a GM who wants to move Bobrovsky but not sure i have enough to make the trade without hurting me to bad in other areas. I just made a trade to get domi and Laine. But your right it would help me if Lehner moves somewhere else.

Would moving DeSmith and adding Khudobin he is a FA be a better option for me then i would be getting all of the Dallas starts ??? another option in not sure i like it though is Hutton was just dropped is he any better option for me

Dobber Sports Jedi

you could see if the Murray owner is interested in the Pitts handcuffs and move DeSmith there.

I'd pass on Hutton.
    Khudobin isn't a bad option as a 3rd G.

There's going to be a lot of G movement this summer, so being patient I think will pay off. several teams are going to shift gears on their starting G's - Fla, Cgy, Cbj, Col.. possibly LA.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Your goalies aren't terrible, getting an upgrade makes sense, but with Bishop and two guys who should get starts it's not that bad. I took over a 12 team dynasty where my number 2 going into the year was Neuvirth.

I'd also recommend seeing if the Murray owner has interest in DeSmith; Murray is my #1 in the league I mentioned, and I would've had serious interest. Khudobin makes sense ot lock up Dallas starts, if that's also the Murray owner, you can both consolidate.

Getting Bobrovsky is worth considering. It should cost a lot to get a top end goalie, and he is one. See what the guy wants, he may be worried about destination. He just put his house on the market per this thread, try and use that.
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...le-Bobrovsky-s
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.