Thread: Hischer for 5th overall in entry draft?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Hischer for 5th overall in entry draft?

Hey Dobbertown, I've been thinking of offering my 5th overall pick in this year's entry draft (only 2019 draftees available) for Nico Hischer. Do you think this is a good move? I'm just looking at upside, the fact that I'd be waiting on the fifth overall player doesn't bother me.

In other words, how does the upside Hischer compare to who I'd get at 5th (Turcotte, Caufield, Byram, Dach, Cozens...)

Thanks
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Hischer for 5th overall in entry draft?

If you can get that for sure go for it, but I would never give up Nico Hischer for the 5th overall
    16 Team, H2H Dynasty Cap 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G, 3B, 10 Minor - Scoring G / A / P / PPP / SOG / Hit / Blk / TOISH - W / GAA / SV / SV%
    Forwards: Gaudreau, Barzal, Beniers, Raymond, Trocheck, Byfield, Quinn, Couturier, Chytil, Crouse, Farabee, Rasmussen, Podkolzin, Monahan, Killorn
    Defence: Sergachev, McAvoy, Sanderson, Hronek, McCabe, Broberg
    Goalie: Demko, Merzlikins, Schmid
    F Minors: McTavish, Eklund, Sillinger, Nazar, Kasper, Lekkerimaki, Ostlund
    D Minors: Edvinsson
    G Minors: Askarov, Cossa
    Picks: 2023 1.01, 1.14

Administrator

Go for it. Chances are you'll be adding though.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

If I had Hischier I’d pass on any draft pick outside of 1st or 2nd.

That said I would fully endorse attempting the swap and if you can pull it off that would be a huge win for you.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Padawan

If you can get Hischer for the 5th overall pick in a dynasty league, take it and run. No prudent manager would accept this deal in my opinion though.

Dobber Sports Veteran

You can offer it, but as a Hischier owner I would turn it down without a second thought.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Hischer >>>>> #5. In 4years this post could be laughable depending what Turcotte/Cozens/Podkolzin/Byram/Krebs/Dach/Zegras turn into, but in today's context it's not close.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

Definitely add in a pick or player if you want to try and acquire him. If not, I doubt you'll get him for the 5th OA straight up.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I don't think it's nearly enough, but maybe the guy loves acquiring draft picks, and hates players once he drafts them. If that's the case, take a shot. If it works, use again in the future.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd send the offer. You never know. People get horny at draft time for the excitement of making an early pick so it might fly. Only one way to find out.

I, like the others, wouldn't take it straight up but it doesn't hurt to ask.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

I see that everyone is pretty unanimously saying that Hischier is worth more than the 5th overall. Is this taking into account that he more likely becomes the #2 C on that team if they draft Hughes? I mean surely the other GM has to have considered that...
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by random-d View Post
    I see that everyone is pretty unanimously saying that Hischier is worth more than the 5th overall. Is this taking into account that he more likely becomes the #2 C on that team if they draft Hughes? I mean surely the other GM has to have considered that...
    Malkin is a C2, Matthews is a C2, Kuz is a C2, Draisaitl is a C2, etc.
    Yes it is taking that into account. I would still rather Hischier.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Malkin is a C2, Matthews is a C2, Kuz is a C2, Draisaitl is a C2, etc.
    Yes it is taking that into account. I would still rather Hischier.
    Are you saying Hischier is as =/> those players? I'm a NJ fan and I don't see that. Maybe you have to add a little to get Hischier but I personally wouldn't go to far, I think you get a comparable in the draft if you can afford to wait.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Titan

Are you saying Hischier is as =/> those players? I'm a NJ fan and I don't see that. Maybe you have to add a little to get Hischier but I personally wouldn't go to far, I think you get a comparable in the draft if you can afford to wait.
    Not trying to say that Hischier is the same as Malkin or Kuz, but he's closer to them than he is far away.
    I think the addition of Hughes actually helps him, and he's 100% worth the 5th overall.
    If you have to add, it depends what that is. I agree it shouldn't be a large add.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

There's also nothing to say that Hughes doesn't become the 2C behind Hischier as well. We don't know. Same as we don't know about the 5th overall and what they will be. What we do know is that Nico Hischier is a pretty good player in the NHL today, with or without Jack Hughes coming in. We also are assuming that Hughes is the guy that NJ ends up drafting first overall. What if they screw everybody up and go with Kakko?

So many unknowns except the one known. Hischier is a pretty good, young, NHL player. The rest is unknown.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."