Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 21 of 21

Thread: Trade for Larkin?

  1. #16
    SeaDawg's Avatar
    SeaDawg is online now
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,175
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Giant

    Default Re: Trade for Larkin?

    Quote Originally Posted by CrackedAces View Post
    Looks like the deal won't happen and it's prob not a bad thing so I can keep some great high upside prospects.
    He pulled the original offer the other night and came back with below, way too much IMO:

    Larkin

    for

    Vrana
    Fox
    Borgstrom
    Bemstrom
    2020 2nd round pick (will be a pick between 17-25)
    That's a lot of assets to give up for one player, but Larkin is the only proven commodity.

    I've made similar deals to this in other leagues, and the problem is that if you trade too many assets in any given deal, it sometimes makes it harder to get other deals done. Sometimes you want to keep some of these prospects to sweeten another deal. Seems like your farm will be severely depleted after this move (he is asking for your three best prospects and a serviceable Vrana). If you can't replenish the farm in the draft, I can sort of understand why you wouldn't make the deal.

    That said, without knowing what other plans you have for this team, nor how easy it is to replenish your farm, on the surface I'd probably do the deal. You just have more work to do afterwards (i.e., trade a center for a winger, and replenish the farm).
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    Forward: N. Kucherov, F. Forsberg, E. Lindholm, B. Point, K. Connor, G. Landeskog
    Defense: S. Gostisbehere, M. Heiskanen, O. Ekman-Larsson, TBD
    Goalie: S. Bobrovsky, D. Rittich, P. Grubauer

  2. #17
    Moses's Avatar
    Moses is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,448
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Expert

    Default Re: Trade for Larkin?

    Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    That's a lot of assets to give up for one player, but Larkin is the only proven commodity.

    I've made similar deals to this in other leagues, and the problem is that if you trade too many assets in any given deal, it sometimes makes it harder to get other deals done. Sometimes you want to keep some of these prospects to sweeten another deal. Seems like your farm will be severely depleted after this move (he is asking for your three best prospects and a serviceable Vrana). If you can't replenish the farm in the draft, I can sort of understand why you wouldn't make the deal.

    That said, without knowing what other plans you have for this team, nor how easy it is to replenish your farm, on the surface I'd probably do the deal. You just have more work to do afterwards (i.e., trade a center for a winger, and replenish the farm).
    @SeaDawg - While I agree with you about 'trading too many assets makes other deals later harder' in this case the OP is looking at getting by far the best single piece in the deal. Look at the CATS in this league (G/A/PIM/Hits/Blks/PPP/STP/FOW/SOG), Larkin hits most of them including FOW, SOG and PIM. Larkin is a multi-cat stud, is only 22, and has the alpha-dog role in Detroit locked up. Players like Larkin shouldn't be traded for ''a bunch of maybe's'' and I think that the OP is needlessly dithering. The OP's team is built to win now and this move only helps that cause.
    - God damn this tablet is heavy

  3. #18
    Location
    Cape Breton
    Rep Power
    10

    Dobber Sports Initiate

    Default Re: Trade for Larkin?

    I agree. Make the deal and get Larkin.

    I had Larkin last season and traded him in a deal to get Tavares, now I want to try and make another trade to get him back lol. It would cost me more than a bunch of unproven prospects too.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    22-Man Roster, 10 Keepers, Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 4xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 5xBench / 3xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.01)

    Keepers: MacKinnon, Tavares, Rantanen, Panarin, DeBrincat, Boeser, Laine, Nylander, Krug, Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky

    Minors: Boeser (Minors Eligible), A. Svechnikov, Zadina, Makar, Gusev, Dube, Heponiemi, Demko

  4. #19
    Rep Power
    0

    Dobber Sports Novice

    Default Re: Trade for Larkin?

    Thanks everyone for your input. Done deal!!!
    It just took me a few days to come to terms with moving some top prospects.
    16 Team H2H: G/A/PIM/Hits/Blks/PPP/STP/FOW/SOG/ SV%/GAA/SO/SA

    Centers: Stamkos, Tavares, Schmaltz, Backstrom, Draisaitl
    Left Wing: Pacioretty, Forsberg, Vrana, Drouin, Kovy
    Right Wing: Kucherov, Radulov, Hertl, Bertuzzi, Shore
    Defence: Burns, Byfuglien, Carlson, Weber, Pulock, E. Johnson
    Goalie: Price, Murray

    Farm:
    Borgstrom, Veleno, Fox, Saarela, Sikura, Bemstrom, Hirose, Priskie, Veronneau, Steen, Khovonov

  5. #20
    Location
    Sudbury, Ontario
    Rep Power
    40

    Administrator

    Default Re: Trade for Larkin?

    Quote Originally Posted by CrackedAces View Post
    Thanks everyone for your input. Done deal!!!
    It just took me a few days to come to terms with moving some top prospects.
    That is the cost of doing business when you want to acquire a top player.


    Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

  6. #21
    SeaDawg's Avatar
    SeaDawg is online now
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,175
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Giant

    Default Re: Trade for Larkin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    @SeaDawg - While I agree with you about 'trading too many assets makes other deals later harder' in this case the OP is looking at getting by far the best single piece in the deal. Look at the CATS in this league (G/A/PIM/Hits/Blks/PPP/STP/FOW/SOG), Larkin hits most of them including FOW, SOG and PIM. Larkin is a multi-cat stud, is only 22, and has the alpha-dog role in Detroit locked up. Players like Larkin shouldn't be traded for ''a bunch of maybe's'' and I think that the OP is needlessly dithering. The OP's team is built to win now and this move only helps that cause.
    I was only saying that I understood the OP's hesitation, but I would probably do the deal.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    Forward: N. Kucherov, F. Forsberg, E. Lindholm, B. Point, K. Connor, G. Landeskog
    Defense: S. Gostisbehere, M. Heiskanen, O. Ekman-Larsson, TBD
    Goalie: S. Bobrovsky, D. Rittich, P. Grubauer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •