Thread: House for sale - Bobrovsky's

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default House for sale - Bobrovsky's

That didn't take long... team is barely eliminated from the playoffs and he has put his condo up for sale.

Not that anyone should be surprised that he is leaving Columbus, just surprising that his agent didn't suggest waiting until he had signed somewhere else to put it up for sale, good PR?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...us-condo-sale/
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: House for sale - Bobrovsky's

I noticed that the real estate agent is Jean-Luc Grand Pierre.
    Does anybody ever go to school for real estate... or do people just end up in it if they are popular/known in society?
    My wife & I know about 10-15 people in real estate and NONE of them went to college/U for anything real estate related. (!!!)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Does anybody ever go to school for real estate... or do people just end up in it if they are popular/known in society?
    My wife & I know about 10-15 people in real estate and NONE of them went to college/U for anything real estate related. (!!!)
    No pre-requirements, just go take the courses and pass the exam. Boom. Done. licence in hand
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

This is simply in keeping with everything that has gone on with Bob all season. Going back to the pre-season, he has almost explicitly been stating his intentions to leave Columbus. I suppose some might have thought that the relatively successful playoff run would make him consider staying in Columbus, but I guess putting his condo on the market can end that speculation.

Honestly, I think there is already a "handshake" deal in place to deal Bob to Florida. I swear I read somewhere that there is a rumor that Bob was about to be dealt to Florida at the trade deadline until at the last minute Columbus decided to go all in for a playoff run. Basically, I think Columbus went back to Florida and said we agree to the deal but don't want to send Bob to you until after the playoffs (Florida didn't necessarily need Bob anyway), so it was like he was Columbus' own rental player for the playoffs.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Padawan

I wonder if the Flames will make a push for Bobrovsky. Seems like a good fit. Unless Smith wants to take a discount to come back.

Administrator

Not the first time a players has done this and it sparked some speculation. Too many times it amounted to nothing. The way I see the probability of him leaving doesn't really change. It was already widely believed he's on the way out.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    My brother-in-law went to school for accounting. Worked in banks and with the city for a while, but eventually decided to try his hand at real estate. There's a pretty detailed book you need to study to know all the legal requirements, plus a pretty tough test you need to pass to become a realtor.

I don't know if there is a specific real estate program at colleges and universities. Why pay a school money when you don't need to?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports All-Star

Maybe he is just downsizing?

Dobber Sports Pro

I'm interested to see where he lands.

On the flip side, I'm very high on Korpisalo moving forward. I've always been impressed by his game. I think CBJ signs more of a 1A/1B FA this summer, and Korpisalo beats him out as the eventual number 1.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    I'm interested to see where he lands.

On the flip side, I'm very high on Korpisalo moving forward. I've always been impressed by his game. I think CBJ signs more of a 1A/1B FA this summer, and Korpisalo beats him out as the eventual number 1.
    Korpisalo is definitely someone I've got my eye on. It will depend what happens over the summer. Columbus will have lots of money to spend, and rumors have them acquiring Quick to replace Bobrovsky. I think Korps is a better goalie than Quick, but if they acquire him, he will get most of the starts based on his salary.

Mind you, Quick is injury-prone, but in my particular league, I avoid any 1A/1B situations completely, even if the 1A goalie is injury-prone.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Veteran

Rumours are he's heading south. I think they mean Florida, and could be taking the Breadman with him.
    https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ho...r-free-agency/

I like this!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Would be nice if the Jackets could send the rights to Bob to Florida for a mid-round pick at least (after playoffs and before July 1). They've traded away enough of them to get Duchene, Dzingel et.al.....

and would allow the Panthers to sign him to an 8-year deal. A 38-year old Bob at the end of the contract? Well Bobby Lu is older...