Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Troy Terry!!

The Great One

Default Troy Terry!!

Wow!! Acquired him in what I thought was a depth move- did I accidentally strike gold?? Or is this just a product of most of the better guys being promoted and next year's crop not weighted yet?

Short term upside? Long term?

I was hoping/banking Ona an assist heavy 45-50ish with a 65-70 point upside in a couple years? Is that still accurate??

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Troy Terry!!

That’s accurate and probably very reserved estimates. 75-80 is a more likely upside by definition.

What was the trade?

Dobber Sports Ace

I'd disagree bud. I think your initial estimate was even slightly aggressive, especially the upside.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Extremely talented player with potential to reach 60-65 points in the future. Maybe more but hard to say at this time. You landed a very good prospect who will have ample opportunity to make his mark next season. Dobber's number 1 rated forward prospect this month, if that means anything.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    Extremely talented player with potential to reach 60-65 points in the future. Maybe more but hard to say at this time. You landed a very good prospect who will have ample opportunity to make his mark next season. Dobber's number 1 rated forward prospect this month, if that means anything.
    I agree with this post. Could be a nice pickup for a throw in and I also think he's in that 60ish pt range for realistic production.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'd say he's a 60pt player with significant upside moving forward. The guy's legit.

Everyone talks about his linemate from college - Borgstrom (and for good reason)..
    but what people need to remember is that while Terry started college a year earlier, they're almost exactly the same age. Maybe a month apart.

In 4yrs if Terry's hitting 80pts. I won't be surprised at all. I've owned him in a couple of pools now going on two years.. These hidden gems are why I play fantasy hockey in the first place.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I'd say he's a 60pt player with significant upside moving forward. The guy's legit.

Everyone talks about his linemate from college - Borgstrom (and for good reason)..
    but what people need to remember is that while Terry started college a year earlier, they're almost exactly the same age. Maybe a month apart.

In 4yrs if Terry's hitting 80pts. I won't be surprised at all. I've owned him in a couple of pools now going on two years.. These hidden gems are why I play fantasy hockey in the first place.
    100% agree...hold on to him. I own him as well in my main pool and this time im holding on ....i traded Point + Ekblad for Puljujarvi (his draft year).....bad idea...

Let Terry develop, if he is not a complete stud he will be good 3rd option on your RW for long time.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

The Great One

Thanks so much for the great feedback guys. Was just a little shocked to see him number one. I alsooved him for Buch in my main league (Buch and saarella)- so I'm liking the positive turn in rankings...

Administrator

I haven't been as high on him as many others but he keeps progressing. One thing to note (see comments section in the top 200 article) is the lack of game-breakers in the list. It's a weird time but Terry doing so well at lower levels plus being NHL-ready makes him move up the rankings formula for sure. I see him as a 2nd line forward who can do quite well if he develops chemistry with a good center. Maybe that's Getzlaf if he can bounce back somehow or maybe it'll be with the next wave of Ducks a few years down the line.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I haven't been as high on him as many others but he keeps progressing. One thing to note (see comments section in the top 200 article) is the lack of game-breakers in the list. It's a weird time but Terry doing so well at lower levels plus being NHL-ready makes him move up the rankings formula for sure. I see him as a 2nd line forward who can do quite well if he develops chemistry with a good center. Maybe that's Getzlaf if he can bounce back somehow or maybe it'll be with the next wave of Ducks a few years down the line.
    Yea that was my immediate reaction too about the lack of gamebreakers- but I'd ncouraging nonetheless...

Dobber Sports Sage

Terry was extremely timid at times this year. Many games he did not take a shot at all. Hopefully just rookie jitters and playing on a bad team with Johnny Stonehands. Could be a good 2nd line in Anaheim forming around Steel, Terry, maybe Comtois on the other side.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Yea that was my immediate reaction too about the lack of gamebreakers- but I'd ncouraging nonetheless...
    Even with a more stacked prospect pool he'd be 10-15 at worst.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

So I bought the guide with a serious eye towards Terry as my top prospect and one of the very few I own and I guess he didn't make the cut in terms of being too far along in his NHL development.

Any guesses in terms of upside and/or percentage chance to reach it?

What's a safe floor?

Player comparable?

I always look at shot volume and although I can't find any raw data I'm worried based on scouting profiles that he veers towards the lower end on that front. Between his SO skills and pass first tendencies I'm getting an "Oshie" vibe which is say isn't bad but isn't ideal either for fantasy. Is that what were looking at essentially?

Dobber Sports Initiate

So I bought the guide with a serious eye towards Terry as my top prospect and one of the very few I own and I guess he didn't make the cut in terms of being too far along in his NHL development.

What's a safe floor?

Player comparable?

I always look at shot volume and although I can't find any raw data I'm worried based on scouting profiles that he veers towards the lower end on that front. Between his SO skills and pass first tendencies I'm getting an "Oshie" vibe which is say isn't bad but isn't ideal either for fantasy. Is that what were looking at essentially?
    I was hoping he’d still be in the Prospects Guide too. I even sent a Tweet to Dobber.

Dobber Sports Jedi

What's a safe floor?

Player comparable?

Terravainen and D. Heinen were two players that came to mind. Both with good dangles, high end skill... light shooters.

40-50pts with a full season in the NHL is a strong possibility this year for him. I'd put him a perennial 60-70pt guy with a higher ceiling if he can tap into it.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4